Transfer window

a f kincaid

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

We have Rudden, Graham as well as goal machine and Championship striker of the season Mansell, so  do we need another striker?  :D

Fair point, plus League 1 centre-backs are shivering at the thought of coming up against the lethal Mansell. 

Foster is a good signing and as someone else said he is the kind of pro we have been lacking. Will call people out for not pulling their weight. We havent really had anyone like that for a long time apart from Anderson in his spell last year. 

Foster at RB and penrice at LB should be pretty solid for league one level. With the remaining players from last season and with Lyons and Niang who both done really well at this level last season we should be able to compete. 

Current potential team for next season

Sneddon

Foster     o'Ware   Brownlie  Penrice

Docherty   Bannigan  Gordon

Cardle (Maybe??)                                             Lyons

Graham (Rudden)

32 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Foster is a good signing and as someone else said he is the kind of pro we have been lacking. Will call people out for not pulling their weight. We havent really had anyone like that for a long time apart from Anderson in his spell last year. 

Foster at RB and penrice at LB should be pretty solid for league one level. With the remaining players from last season and with Lyons and Niang who both done really well at this level last season we should be able to compete. 

Sneddon

Graham (Rudden)

Out that 11, O'Ware, Penrice, Bannigan and Cardle are guff.

I’m wanting 442 this season, see if we have 2 holding midfielders and and one guy up himself it will be brutal. Lyons looks like a tricky winger so get a bit of width in the team, if we still have BG and ZR then we should be playing them both. I still think we need a better keeper if we want to win this league.

Foster and Cardle on the same side of the pitch scares the life out of me, massive lack of pace in that team.

Early days but still not sure what type of team we are planning to be, if we are looking for Penrice and Foster to supply the width then its a worry.

If they are a nice steady pair of full backs to allow the players in front a platform then OK.

8 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

I see that Chris Erskine joins Paul Paton at East Kilbride in the Lowland League. 

In his welcome to the club video, he openly states that he never has had any personal ambitions! 

Steve Aitken the EK manager said on Sunday sportsound they aim to be full time and in the championship within the next 5years.

On 7/21/2020 at 11:00 AM, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Sneddon

Graham (Rudden)

I don't see how if we keep Rudden and Graham we will be playing anything but a 4-4-2. Key to that working is having a solid right and left back to provide the right and left midfield/wingers to go forward.

Foster looks a far more solid right back than we've had in recent times. His other big selling point is he can play pretty much anywhere in the back 4 which will be importtant as I expect us to have a smaller squad as we have less games to play.

Not a great fan of Cardle but if the money is right I'm not overly fussed about his lack of pace assuming he has less defensive duties to worry about and starts higher up the park. I would expect us to line up like the following

Sneddon

Foster-Brownlie-O'ware-Penrice

Cardle-Docherty-Bannigan-Lyons

Graham- Rudden

Edited by laukat

On 7/20/2020 at 12:27 PM, exiledjag said:

Weren't Gretna another club living way beyond their means in terms of signing and paying players their turnover couldn't sustain?  The passing of their owner finished them as well as the guy's family cut off finance to the club! 

I know this is old ground but currently Dundee Utd fall into this category with a wage level in relation to turnover standing at 130%. There are other well documented examples. This is something the SFA/SPFL should do something about or does Financial Fair Play  not apply to Scotland? 

Apologies for mentioning this subject again but it is a sore point with me! So please ignore my post - just a gripe! 

It will never be brought in until Rangers manage to get their finances under control, which is probably never.  The fact that FFP is looking busted in Europe doesn't stop the SFA/SPFL doing something but they don't want to.  Just as they don't want to do anything about OF bigotry as it is a money spinner for them.