Transfer window

a f kincaid

46 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

think that's the surname barney boy... think it was murder mcleod that brought him in but can't remember him playing 

He definitely came on as a substitute in a home game we lost to Airdrie. That effectively ended any outside chance of promotion. From memory we were level (1-1 , I think), when Airdrie keeper John Martin was sent off. Centre forward Steve Cooper went in goals, but was never threatened. Rather than pushing for a winner, we meekly surrendered a goal to Marvin Wilson and ended up losing. Tejero played on the wing and was ineffective, though to be fair no worse than anyone else in red and yellow that day.

26 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

He definitely came on as a substitute in a home game we lost to Airdrie. That effectively ended any outside chance of promotion. From memory we were level (1-1 , I think), when Airdrie keeper John Martin was sent off. Centre forward Steve Cooper went in goals, but was never threatened. Rather than pushing for a winner, we meekly surrendered a goal to Marvin Wilson and ended up losing. Tejero played on the wing and was ineffective, though to be fair no worse than anyone else in red and yellow that day.

what a memory! - I do remember John Martin and the songs we sang at him during and shortly after the miners strike though - sure there was one about him swinging on the bar 

What does it say on McCall’s whiteboard behind him? Looks like it has ‘ Target- 2 goalkeepers, 19 outfield players? 

I wonder if more players will be shipped out when furlough ends? the likes of Jones, Saunders, Gordon, Mansell?

Edited by jags on tour

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Nearly but not quite.  We were 1-0 up when Martin got injured and they had no sub goalie (may have used all their subs, can’t remember exactly.). Derek McWilliams has given us the lead as we then went into 12 minutes of injury time where Airdrie netted twice, once about 4 mins in and then again about 5 mins later. NOT a good day to be a Jag!

40 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

What does it say on McCall’s whiteboard behind him? Looks like it has ‘ Target- 2 goalkeepers, 19 outfield players? 

I wonder if more players will be shipped out when furlough ends? the likes of Jones, Saunders, Gordon, Mansell?

Defintely says 2 goalkeepers - 19 outfield and 21 in a circle indicating the combined total.

We currently have 1 goalkeeper, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 4 forwards under contract. That would imply another goalkeeper and 5 outfield players to come in assuming no-one else leaves and cardle signs.

I would have thought the only 1 we have under contract that we want to move on is Mansell. Although Williamson and Gordon may also be possibles.

I suspect a fair chunk of the remaining signings will be loans partly to reduce cost.

1 hour ago, jags on tour said:

In the interview they said, the majority  of players with contract release clauses (Bar 2, Fox and Zanatta) have decided to stay, so Gordon and Mansell will be staying as they likely had release clauses they could’ve triggered. Saunders and Jones are out of contract (at the end of Furlough) so likely is they will be going. The only mention of out of contract player staying was Cardle, potentially. 

3 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Would be happy for Cardle to go. I know he has his supporters but for an experienced player he was totally ineffective in the games I attended. 

Still he maybe better in League 1.

Yeah,I agree. Dont question his commitment or effort- just dont think he is good enough, Also he thinks he has a great shot on him and  often looks for the spectacular when slipping in a teammate would be the correct play.

Not sure about Cardle. Thought he was excellent in the turning round our fortunes the season before last. Second only to Mcdonald in helping us stay up. His form last season was for the most part very poor, although he was playing much better in the spell before lockdown. 

What I do like about him is his commitment. Despite some comments to the contrary, I have never seen him hide in a game. He does seem to split opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Not sure about Cardle. Thought he was excellent in the turning round our fortunes the season before last. Second only to Mcdonald in helping us stay up. His form last season was for the most part very poor, although he was playing much better in the spell before lockdown. 

What I do like about him is his commitment. Despite some comments to the contrary, I have never seen him hide in a game. He does seem to split opinion. 

Agree. I have said before i felt when Cardle lost the ball he continued and tried to get the ball back or trying what had already failed , which most of the time worked against him.