Transfer window

a f kincaid

4 minutes ago, CGJags said:

That's pretty much him, nothing brilliant, but he does a job. I think he's still got a lot to learn and improve on. 

He doesn't suit 3-5-2, but he's not played in it THAT often. He's also been thrown in at Left Centre-Half, during a game or 2 before. He best suits a back 4, with him as LB, with a winger in front of him. 

You seem to know him well, and certainly better than I do, so happy with your assessment and summary. 

Paticularly agree with the learn and improve bit! 

Let"s not forget he is still a young man and whose first team experience has been almost totally as a member of a team that has been very poor! He is still in my :give him a chance' category! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

McCall talking about Murray as a 'striker'. 

So that's Graham, Rudddn, Mansel and Murray. Am I missing anyone? 

When did McCall say that? 
Murray made out in his interview that he likes to play anywhere off the striker, as in wide-midfield or behind the striker, in a No.10 role. 

Graham, Rudden and if we are keeping Mansell might be enough strikers, depending on how we are planning to play, could potentially see us bring another striker in to be 3rd Choice, if Mansell is deemed not good enough or leaves, quite frankly, I wouldn't miss him, he's contributed very little in 18 months. 

17 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

You seem to know him well, and certainly better than I do, so happy with your assessment and summary. 

Paticularly agree with the learn and improve bit! 

Let"s not forget he is still a young man and whose first team experience has been almost totally as a member of a team that has been very poor! He is still in my :give him a chance' category! 

I agree, I'd really like to see him do well, especially since he came through the academy. If he isn't up to it, then fair enough, but needs a big season this year, as do a lot of our players if we are to be successful. 

1 minute ago, CGJags said:

When did McCall say that? 
Murray made out in his interview that he likes to play anywhere off the striker, as in wide-midfield or behind the striker, in a No.10 role. 

Graham, Rudden and if we are keeping Mansell might be enough strikers, depending on how we are planning to play, could potentially see us bring another striker in to be 3rd Choice, if Mansell is deemed not good enough or leaves, quite frankly, I wouldn't miss him, he's contributed very little in 18 months. 

Read it on the club website. 

26 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

No, just thinking that we always say that a signing is potentially good, yes even McKinnon. Wondering why we always say it when it is pretty meaningless. 

It’s been a long week

Fair enough, although McKinnon, got very mixed opinion when he signed, and when he left, he's one player we could all unite and agree, he was the definition of a Dud. 

1 minute ago, exiledjag said:

Fair do's, doubt he'll play as an out and out striker like a Rudden or Graham, but he seems versatile enough that he can play a few positions along the front, which is good news for us. (If he's any good obviously).

2 minutes ago, CGJags said:

I agree, I'd really like to see him do well, especially since he came through the academy. If he isn't up to it, then fair enough, but needs a big season this year, as do a lot of our players if we are to be successful. 

The last couple of seasons can't have done much for his confidence especially last season with the number of goals we conceded! Also I suspect his team mates were too busy trying to look after themselves and weren't able to support Penrice as much as he should have been. 

In one or two games I saw he cut a lonely, isolated and exposed figure at left back!

I blame our lack of a midfield for that! 

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

The article on the club website doesn’t mention the word striker at all(unless I’m reading it wrong). It references attacker which is completely different. Cardle and Lyons are also attackers but not strikers.

3 hours ago, elevenone said:

East Fife sign Danny Swanson on 2yr deal.  Decent signing for League 1.

Agree. I think due to most teams reducing squad sizes a number of players will have to drop a level or two. Wonder if Foster would have signed for us if things had been normal.

Any idea on formation and players?

Sneddon = GK

Foster - RB; Brownlie - CH;  O'Ware - CH; Penrice - LB

Bannigan - CM; Docherty - CM

Gordon - AM

Lyons - FWD; Graham - FWD; Rudden - FWD

Unless there are youngsters available defence looks like it needs a player or 2,  Midfield seems to be very attacking and we have a lot of strikers (no return of Dools??)

26 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Sneddon = GK

Gordon - AM

Unless there are youngsters available defence looks like it needs a player or 2,  Midfield seems to be very attacking and we have a lot of strikers (no return of Dools??)

Happy with that as a starting lineup. Would try to supplement with youngsters.

Would like another keeper as cover/ competition.

32 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Sneddon = GK

Gordon - AM

That’s a pretty decent group of players, in my opinion, if they perform like it then even better. 
We need I’d say, another Centre-Half (gives the option of a back 3 and for competition/cover) Foster can cover both full-back areas so we are probably done there. Another winger (obviously Cardle coming back is up in the air), a backup Goalkeeper, and possibly another striker that isn’t going to start every week, and knows that, but wouldn’t be concerned too much about him coming in if need be to do a job. I don’t know what the situation with Mansell is, but for some reason I still expect him to leave. The Midfield is pretty strong (if Banzo can remain consistent), Docherty will be a key and was a much needed player, Gordon has goals, and Murray is an attacking-mid type, that we also badly missed (also has a bit of flare about him). Worth remembering we still have Niang who can play both Centre-half and Defensive Midfield I think. Hopefully a big season in him. 

40 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Sneddon = GK

Gordon - AM

No place for Murray?

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

No place for Murray?

Not sure where to put him to be honest.  Is he better than the other 3 up top?  Plus Gordon does get goals as an attacking midfielder coming late into the box.  I like Gordon, feels like he has drive and is one of those players who carries the team up the pitch.

31 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Not sure where to put him to be honest.  Is he better than the other 3 up top?  Plus Gordon does get goals as an attacking midfielder coming late into the box.  I like Gordon, feels like he has drive and is one of those players who carries the team up the pitch.

I am not certain of Murray, but I get on Paand B that Queens fans see him in between midfield and strikers. The Gordon role?

9 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Sneddon = GK

Gordon - AM

I would have Penrice and Gordon as subs and try and sign two decent players for there positions  ,also think we need an experienced good  goalkeeper .

3 minutes ago, macca said:

I would have Penrice and Gordon as subs and try and sign two decent players for there positions  ,also think we need an experienced good  goalkeeper .

Sena did a good shift at Montrose, in this division last year.  Lets not forget that we have him. Young, hard and an asset in the division.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We had a good experienced goalkeeper last year and turned him into a haddy. What we need is a good GK coach.

Even Buffon would have looked a haddy playing for Thistle last year.

Our defenders were practising self-isolation eight months before it became compulsory.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Haha 1