Transfer window

a f kincaid

23 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Scored twice v Berwick in the opening League Cup game last season.

Did he ever make an appearance for Morton?

He made 1 appearance for Morton. He did join at a time when they were on a good run of form, to be fair to him. 

2 minutes ago, CGJags said:

He made 1 appearance for Morton. He did join at a time when they were on a good run of form, to be fair to him. 

Doolan was injured for most of  last season both at Ayr and Morton  ,  just my opinion but Kris Doolan about the club would be a great asset helping with the coaching at the Academy and helping out the first team when needed , surely he would be able to help players like Rudden and Lyons with his knowledge.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

1 sub appearance v Queens (78th min)

So 2 goals v Lowland League side and 1 when playing v 9 men

Someone may remember better than me, but I’m almost certain the goal he scored against us, was actually offside (although the linesman never called it). He looked sharp in that game against us, I thought, but he got next to no service from Ayr players, surprisingly. 

Take the Micky all you want still one of the best players in the last 20 years  lived and breathed thistle 

wish we could sign another like dools sadly can’t see it happening but sad when people rubbish  an absolute treasure played  for the team 

We have had some good/ great players for Partick thistle over the years but I think it will be a long time before we see another Kris Doolan we wiz lucky we had him for so long  take big swipes at him if you want just don’t knock him maybe he is a  past his best as some think but every decent jags supporter when asked about the best thistle player will put doolan in their team 

I hope one day we will see fit to acknowledge everything Kris did for our club and right the f##ckin disgraceful way our club let him go a sad day for a great player who gave his all for us  and got shafted  by the club  sad days maybe that’s why we are slipping away as a club 

When I see all the knockers on this site I don’t see much hope thank god I have 50 years of memories seen some good players and seen some poor players but when  we  knock ex players  that played and breathed Partick Thistle it saddens me 

I don’t know what the future is for our club but to disregard great players like Dools is a  mistake feel free to tear me to bits over this post but I fear we have lost our way as a club our supporters are leaving in droves as Fraser in dads army would say we’re doomed where did go so wrong can’t all be Doolan and Erskines fault

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

1 sub appearance v Queens (78th min)

So 2 goals v Lowland League side and 1 when playing v 9 men

Thanks for clarifying his - seemingly only - appearance for Morton.

Not sure what your second point means DD.

The records show goals in senior competition are valid against all other teams in the competition, including against nine men, or -dare I say it - against Thistle.

Edited by Barney Rubble

17 minutes ago, jaggyben said:

Take the Micky all you want still one of the best players in the last 20 years  lived and breathed thistle 

wish we could sign another like dools sadly can’t see it happening but sad when people rubbish  an absolute treasure played  for the team 

We have had some good/ great players for Partick thistle over the years but I think it will be a long time before we see another Kris Doolan we wiz lucky we had him for so long  take big swipes at him if you want just don’t knock him maybe he is a  past his best as some think but every decent jags supporter when asked about the best thistle player will put doolan in their team 

I hope one day we will see fit to acknowledge everything Kris did for our club and right the f##ckin disgraceful way our club let him go a sad day for a great player who gave his all for us  and got shafted  by the club  sad days maybe that’s why we are slipping away as a club 

When I see all the knockers on this site I don’t see much hope thank god I have 50 years of memories seen some good players and seen some poor players but when  we  knock ex players  that played and breathed Partick Thistle it saddens me 

I don’t know what the future is for our club but to disregard great players like Dools is a  mistake feel free to tear me to bits over this post but I fear we have lost our way as a club our supporters are leaving in droves as Fraser in dads army would say we’re doomed where did go so wrong can’t all be Doolan and Erskines fault

Great post - well said.

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Doolan was injured for most of  last season both at Ayr and Morton  ,  just my opinion but Kris Doolan about the club would be a great asset helping with the coaching at the Academy and helping out the first team when needed , surely he would be able to help players like Rudden and Lyons with his knowledge.

We can’t afford people to help about the first club when needed or help sometimes with the youth academy m. We are cash strapped and need to get out the league first time of asking.

we need players to hit the ground running immediately and 2 goals against Berwick and one against us is unfortunately not good enough.

we have Brian Graham and presumably Cardle to help Rudden and Lyons

6 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

We can’t afford people to help about the first club when needed or help sometimes with the youth academy m. We are cash strapped and need to get out the league first time of asking.

we need players to hit the ground running immediately and 2 goals against Berwick and one against us is unfortunately not good enough.

we have Brian Graham and presumably Cardle to help Rudden and Lyons

First of all , not sure if Brian Graham and Cardle are coaches and have done their coaching badges and if you’re trying to make a case on goals scored even though he had an ankle injury for most of the season Doolan’s 3 goals eclipse the 1 goal Lewis Mansell scored all season.

It’s about the influence Doolan could have around the Club whether that’s creating a team spirit that was lacking last year , getting young players to understand what’s needed to be a success , mentoring guys like Rudden who seem to run in straight lines all the time ,Doolan might not be a starter but to bring him on with 20 mins to go looking for a goal , he’s a better bet to do that than a lot of other players we’ve got .

• Like 3

Not saying he’d be a starter, but can’t believe he’s being written off at 33. We’ve just signed Foster at 35 and Messi is 33!

Worth 10 goals off the bench in this league I’d say & also good to have in as a coach.  
Not up to me & I don’t know the finances available, but if at all possible it would make a lot of sense.

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

First of all , not sure if Brian Graham and Cardle are coaches and have done their coaching badges and if you’re trying to make a case on goals scored even though he had an ankle injury for most of the season Doolan’s 3 goals eclipse the 1 goal Lewis Mansell scored all season.

It’s about the influence Doolan could have around the Club whether that’s creating a team spirit that was lacking last year , getting young players to understand what’s needed to be a success , mentoring guys like Rudden who seem to run in straight lines all the time ,Doolan might not be a starter but to bring him on with 20 mins to go looking for a goal , he’s a better bet to do that than a lot of other players we’ve got .

Thought it was 2 goals Mansell got? Personally I would not have kept mansell. I don’t think either Doolan or mansell are the answer.

Edited by Third Lanark

30 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Not saying he’d be a starter, but can’t believe he’s being written off at 33. We’ve just signed Foster at 35 and Messi is 33!

Worth 10 goals off the bench in this league I’d say & also good to have in as a coach.  
Not up to me & I don’t know the finances available, but if at all possible it would make a lot of sense.

Jesus! You are trying to compare Doolan with Messi. Haha

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jaggyben said:

I haven't seen anyone blame Doolan and Erskine for our dramatic demise of late. And or anyone disrespect Doolan. He was a wonderful loyal servant to the club and was shabbily treated by the then manager and our present chairman and CEO. But I'm afraid he is not the answer for us nowadays. We have to get away from this ' old boys' syndrome. You mention the future, well we look to the future with the younger players that are being brought in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

I haven't seen anyone blame Doolan and Erskine for our dramatic demise of late. And or anyone disrespect Doolan. He was a wonderful loyal servant to the club and was shabbily treated by the then manager and our present chairman and CEO. But I'm afraid he is not the answer for us nowadays. We have to get away from this ' old boys' syndrome. You mention the future, well we look to the future with the younger players that are being brought in. 

Cardle, Graham and Foster ?

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

That’s the managers responsibility for those signings- he will fall in his sword if they don’t work out however despite being limited game time Graham scored as many in a handful of games than Doolan did all season 

We all know what a fit Doolan can do , still would be a good option off the bench IMO