Transfer window

a f kincaid

On 8/4/2020 at 11:17 AM, exiledjag said:

There might be an easier way of doing this but if I want to comment on a post and a reply  I first go to comments box and click in the space indicating I want to make a contribution.

I then go to the post and click 'quote' and then to the reply and do the same.  Seems to work for me. 

On 8/3/2020 at 12:20 PM, Emsca said:

Dont know how to do that tbh.!

Thanks- that seems to work albeit I clicked on the reply before the quote.

Will be sending texts soon!!

Cheers

Whilst keeping my eye on the news for any rumours of players who could be Thistle bound, i cant help but think the current environment gives us the perfect opportunity to use our younger players / youth teams,

Without  fans and the added pressure of playing in front of them it creates an almost perfect environment to give exposure to first team football for younger players who may add something to the first team. 

With this in mind im thinking guys like Penrice, Mansell and O’Ware may be able to find some kind of  form and consistency over this period. 

Of course by the time football is back fans may be allowed to attend which would make this collapse on itself but i was wondering if anyone is aware of current younger / youth team players they would like to see given a chance?

Edited by Firhill Pie

13 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Sena Niang for one.  He's not a kid any more.

Definitely. I watched the highlights of more than a few of his games last season, and to be honest  I couldn't make my mind up about whether he was making any difference to his team's performances.  I really hope he'll blossom for us when the season gets under way. 

Just had a chat with Ian McCall at GWR.... 

we missed out on a centre back who went to Dundee 

not easy getting the players he wants

looking for 5/6 additions : goalkeeper, 2 defenders, a midfielder and a striker

the goal is to win the league and then the championship !

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Just had a chat with Ian McCall at GWR.... 

we missed out on a centre back who went to Dundee 

not easy getting the players he wants

looking for 5/6 additions : goalkeeper, 2 defenders, a midfielder and a striker

the goal is to win the league and then the championship !

Lee Ashcroft signed with them earlier in July so I suppose it was him.

17 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Lee Ashcroft signed with them earlier in July so I suppose it was him.

Yep and someone posted on the Facebook page that Ashcroft was very tempted to join Thistle and was impressed with what mccall had to offer but because Dundee had offered him 3 years in the current climate he felt he had to take that offer

31 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Yep and someone posted on the Facebook page that Ashcroft was very tempted to join Thistle and was impressed with what mccall had to offer but because Dundee had offered him 3 years in the current climate he felt he had to take that offer

Someone on fb is talking poo cause he only signed a 2 year deal not a 3 year one 

Doolan's form dropped drastically, or the supply to him dried up? Hard to tell with certainty. These things are rarely down to a single factor.

For example, is it coincidental that in the relegation season, Stevie Lawless being jettisoned to LWB for much of it meant Dools was scrapping for the ten goals he got? Barton and Edwards generally created 80% of zero from central midfield that year.

Either way, it says something that Arbroath and KD are taking each other on.

42 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Doolan's form dropped drastically, or the supply to him dried up? Hard to tell with certainty. These things are rarely down to a single factor.

For example, is it coincidental that in the relegation season, Stevie Lawless being jettisoned to LWB for much of it meant Dools was scrapping for the ten goals he got? Barton and Edwards generally created 80% of zero from central midfield that year.

Either way, it says something that Arbroath and KD are taking each other on.

Agree that it is down to more than Doolan just losing form. Since he left Firhill he has done nothing, i know he has been injured during his time at Ayr and Morton. That is why i say it will be interesting to see how he does at Arbroath.