Transfer window

a f kincaid

13 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

If someone carrying out coaching and playing replaces someone just coaching that’s more than just slightly different, I think. However, since one our sponsors are employment law experts I guess there must have been something in the legality of it - assuming that it was happening.

Forget about the legality and redundancy law, how can a player be in the first team bio-bubble and be a coach for the youth team ?

(Not that I believe Doolan coming back was ever a real possibility other than in the eyes of the rose tinted glasses brigade, or that there were any redundancies from the Weir Accademy)

39 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Forget about the legality and redundancy law, how can a player be in the first team bio-bubble and be a coach for the youth team ?

(Not that I believe Doolan coming back was ever a real possibility other than in the eyes of the rose tinted glasses brigade, or that there were any redundancies from the Weir Accademy)

Have we actually determined people were laid off?

On 8/18/2020 at 4:01 PM, Auld Jag said:

Blair Alston signs for Falkirk. Good signing.

Alston returning to where it all happen for him! 

I thought Alston was a potentially great player during his first stint at Falkirk and hoped that we might sign him. The general opinion at the time I recall was  that he was out of our league. 

I was surprised he signed to St Johnstone and even more so when he went to Hamilton. Thought he could have done better than these two clubs. 

However, although a regular at SJ, I don't think he ever kicked on or reached the level he should have! 

He will be a good signing for League 1 but there clearly hasn't been a lot of competition to sign him. 

8 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Alston returning to where it all happen for him! 

I thought Alston was a potentially great player during his first stint at Falkirk and hoped that we might sign him. The general opinion at the time I recall was  that he was out of our league. 

I was surprised he signed to St Johnstone and even more so when he went to Hamilton. Thought he could have done better than these two clubs. 

However, although a regular at SJ, I don't think he ever kicked on or reached the level he should have! 

He will be a good signing for League 1 but there clearly hasn't been a lot of competition to sign him. 

Alston is our Bannigan

On 8/18/2020 at 3:03 PM, javeajag said:

Aidan Fitzpatrick on loan to QOS  

Anybody can score against us going by the last 2 and a bit seasons! 

I know I am going to get hammered for saying this but like Taylor-Sinclair I thought Fitzpatrick was over-rated! 

I considered both to be good players and compared to SOD  Sinclair has been unlucky with injuries.  Even so I didn't see him making the same progress SOD has made. 

Fitzpatrkck was the subject of considerable hype. A young man who was a promising player - nothing more! 

I felt he should, if he had the choice, have stayed with us as I feel that physically he was not ready to move to England!

I wish him all the best and hope he goes on to make his mark as a Scottish International but I have my doubts. 

14 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Anybody can score against us going by the last 2 and a bit seasons! 

I know I am going to get hammered for saying this but like Taylor-Sinclair I thought Fitzpatrick was over-rated! 

I considered both to be good players and compared to SOD  Sinclair has been unlucky with injuries.  Even so I didn't see him making the same progress SOD has made. 

Fitzpatrkck was the subject of considerable hype. A young man who was a promising player - nothing more! 

I felt he should, if he had the choice, have stayed with us as I feel that physically he was not ready to move to England!

I wish him all the best and hope he goes on to make his mark as a Scottish International but I have my doubts. 

You won’t be ‘hammered’ by me. I agree re: T S.  Doncaster Rovers’ fans voted him their worst full back........ ever! And Plymouth Argyle fans were more than glad to see the back of him. He played well at our level and in our set up but I don’t think he improved at all after departing Firhill. Is he at Livi now?

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

That’s a good signing. We tried to sign him a couple of years ago. Young and highly rated, also relatively experienced for his age.

welcome to Partick Thistle Ciaran and all the best at Firhill 

He’s had 21 first team games and he’s 22, I wouldn’t class that as relatively  experienced 

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

He’s had 21 first team games and he’s 22, I wouldn’t class that as relatively  experienced 

Mccall generally does well with players about this age group and bringing them on, or seeing their potential.  So in this case the potential is clearly there and mccall is the man to show him this.

Unfortunately where mccall does not seem to do well are with players in their early thirties and are generally unfit or done and should not have bothered to sign eg Darian McKinnon, Jim Hamilton,Martin corrigan etc
thus player thankfully doesn’t fit into the latter category 

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

He was accused of a serious crime but it appears to have been a false accusation:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/falkirk-defender-ciaran-mckenna-details-13896709

Not quite, though that is how a lot of the press reported it.

A judge overturned a disciplinary decision of his University on the grounds that its procedure was defective, with the effect of reinstating him to the University.

Although he maintains that the allegation was false, it’s not clear from the reporting of the incident that either the judge or the University said at any point that the woman complaining had made a false accusation; simply that there wasn’t a case to answer based on the University’s rules and the evidence provided.

As far as I can gather no criminal investigation was ever undertaken.

15 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Not quite, though that is how a lot of the press reported it.

A judge overturned a disciplinary decision of his University on the grounds that its procedure was defective, with the effect of reinstating him to the University.

Although he maintains that the allegation was false, it’s not clear from the reporting of the incident that either the judge or the University said at any point that the woman complaining had made a false accusation; simply that there wasn’t a case to answer based on the University’s rules and the evidence provided.

As far as I can gather no criminal investigation was ever undertaken.

I am not in the legal profession so just go by what these days seem old fashioned ideas. A person is innocent until proven guilty and an accusation is not the same as being guilty. In my opinion the guy should just be allowed to get on with playing football without comments about shadows hanging over him being made and people making hint hint comments.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I am not in the legal profession so just go by what these days seem old fashioned ideas. A person is innocent until proven guilty and an accusation is not the same as being guilty. In my opinion the guy should just be allowed to get on with playing football without comments about shadows hanging over him being made and people making hint hint comments.

It is worth commenting on if as it looks it was pretty unresolved. After all we are a ' Family' club?

Edited by Garscube Road End

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Let's say it is a cloud hanging over him, innocent or not.

Thankfully I have never had to be in a courtroom in any capacity but if I had been accused of a crime and was found not guilty I would hope people accepted that and no stigma was attached to me. I am sure you would hope for the same.

• Like 1