Transfer window

a f kincaid

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Didn't know that so thanks for pointing this out. 

Will alter my comment to 'pity he has already played as Firhill and hope he never gets the opportunity to do so again'.

As far as Clyde are concerned regarding Love & Goodwillie, they were exploiting the circumstances to sign players they wouldn't normally have been able to afford and who wouldn't normally have signed for them! 

They have absolutely no moral compass! 

It stems to some of the fans too, the songs they were singing that last time we played them at Firhill, were nothing short of embarrassing and disgusting. Danny Lennon is the only good thing about that club. 

1 hour ago, CGJags said:

It stems to some of the fans too, the songs they were singing that last time we played them at Firhill, were nothing short of embarrassing and disgusting. Danny Lennon is the only good thing about that club. 

Yet Danny Lennon thought their support in the game against us at Firhill was fantastic despite the disgusting songs about Lambie. Furthermore he as manager will have sanctioned the contract extensions of goodwillie and love too

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Yet Danny Lennon thought their support in the game against us at Firhill was fantastic despite the disgusting songs about Lambie. Furthermore he as manager will have sanctioned the contract extensions of goodwillie and love too

Admittedly have no recollection of that.

On 8/22/2020 at 2:24 PM, Auld Jag said:

Yes he does say all the right things, but i have heard far to many players old and new going on about us being a big club etc. The place to do the talking is on the pitch and getting results.

Don’t disagree there in fairness. 

On 8/22/2020 at 5:49 PM, Fearchar said:

This is such a common auto, er, "correction" that perhaps we should make use of it and insist that all new signings have to give a rendering of a song on signing. :D

also my bad, didn’t notice it had changed. 

On 8/21/2020 at 7:42 PM, Fawlty Towers said:

I am not in the legal profession so just go by what these days seem old fashioned ideas. A person is innocent until proven guilty and an accusation is not the same as being guilty. In my opinion the guy should just be allowed to get on with playing football without comments about shadows hanging over him being made and people making hint hint comments.

Well said FT - totally agree.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:32 AM, exiledjag said:

Interesting conversation! 

It set me thinking about the former Dundee Utd, Blackburn, Aberdeen and  current Clyde player David Goodwillie and his pal  David Robertson (who retired from football).  Both players were accused of rape but following a police investigation the Crown Prosecution Service declined to prosecute for lack of evidence. The young woman concerned subsequently won a civil case. 

I am also a great believer in the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty'. For example, the recent Alex Salmond case. While the details of his case showed him not to be the man I thought he was I was never convinced of his guilt. However the Goodwillie case set me in the opposite direction of being convinced of his guilt and a view that the CPS let everyone down by not prosecuting this individual! Although I have never really liked Clyde FC I lost all respect for them when they signed Goodwillie. I saw this as a purely opportunistic signing completely lacking all moral responsibility.  As soon as our League 1 status was confirmed I thought of the prospect of Goodwillie coming to Firhill and considered it to be abhorrent. 

So there I am. I consider an individual who has not even been prosecuted guilty of a criminal act. I still believe in the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty" but not in Goodwillie' s case. 

Pity we are powerless to prevent him playing at Firfill. 

I assume (hope) in the case of this new signing the Board and Management have done their 'due diligence'! 

Why do you say that?

There are p[eople on here who cannot wait to  look for the negative in anything/ everything the Club does.

We have signed a new young player the aim of which is to strengthen our squad and assist in making Thistle  ( the team we all allegedly support) better. What do people want to talf about? His playing style; attributes: playing history ?? No - some unproven allegation of wrongdoing.

Pathetic.

• Like 3

On 8/22/2020 at 12:51 AM, fenski said:

How unfortunate an incident that none of us will ever know the facts of becomes the main talking point. The internet really is a heap of shite sometimes.

It's none of our business.

The separation of "incidents" and players on the park is an interesting idea.

I'm sure this board criticising Thistle fans yelling "Beast" at Goodwillie, and look forward to the threads condemning anyone who does in the future.

"In the year to September 2019, about 4% of all rape cases reported to the police were referred to the CPS. Of these, just over three quarters made it to court." -- BBC news report.

That's a lot of men who are "innocent" and "smeared" in this country.

14 hours ago, Emsca said:

Why do you say that?

There are p[eople on here who cannot wait to  look for the negative in anything/ everything the Club does.

We have signed a new young player the aim of which is to strengthen our squad and assist in making Thistle  ( the team we all allegedly support) better. What do people want to talf about? His playing style; attributes: playing history ?? No - some unproven allegation of wrongdoing.

Pathetic.

I think you may have misunderstood my post. 

I am not referring at all to the young player we have just signed. My post was about the prospect of Goodwillie playing at Firhill for Clyde!  

As far as our recent signing is concerned I would expect our Management and Board to have done their homework and if having done so, decided to sign him then he will enjoy my full support and especially if he performs on the park! 

Can you be a bit more specific on what you think are the negative and pathetic bits? That would help me understand your interpretation of my post! 

13 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Don't think you can see the wood for the trees. I'm sure you mean Alan Forrest. :thumbsup2:

Yes you are correct I did mean Alan Forrest! 

In my defence I had a football chat with an old friend recently as as he 'used' to support Rangers and Jim Forrest featured prominently in our discussion. I have obviously carried the name forward! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, exiledjag said:

I think you may have misunderstood my post. 

I am not referring at all to the young player we have just signed. My post was about the prospect of Goodwillie playing at Firhill for Clyde!  

As far as our recent signing is concerned I would expect our Management and Board to have done their homework and if having done so, decided to sign him then he will enjoy my full support and especially if he performs on the park! 

Can you be a bit more specific on what you think are the negative and pathetic bits? That would help me understand your interpretation of my post! 

Yes sorry I did misinterpret your post - I thought you were saying McKenna should not be allowed to appear at Firhill- my apologies.

What I think is negative and pathetic are so called Thistle fans who look for the negative in everything the Club does, and I am not including you in this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Emsca said:

Yes sorry I did misinterpret your post - I thought you were saying McKenna should not be allowed to appear at Firhill- my apologies.

What I think is negative and pathetic are so called Thistle fans who look for the negative in everything the Club does, and I am not including you in this.

Apology accepted and no offence taken.  Its very easy to make a mistake when participating in thread discussions as my recent 'gaff' referring to ex-Ayr and now Livingstone player Alan Forrest as Jim Forrest! 

All the best. 

8 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Apology accepted and no offence taken.  Its very easy to make a mistake when participating in thread discussions as my recent 'gaff' referring to ex-Ayr and now Livingstone player Alan Forrest as Jim Forrest! 

All the best. 

Is such behaviour allowed on this forum ? Surely the etiquette is to have a petty squabble ending in name calling over the next 5 pages. Forum standards must be upheld at all times.  

25 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Interview with Ian McCall up on jagzone ... 

- goalkeeper will be announced shortly 

- still looking for a centre back , midfielder good at going forward and a striker 

- wants to be very attacking particularly at home and score lots more goals 

Goalkeeper? Hopefully an experienced one.