Transfer window

a f kincaid

8 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Not one thistle fan at the time mourned nisbet going. Fans like managers simply get it wrong....often. Personally glad the guy has turned his career round. 

I'm pleased to see that he's got his head together,  but I wish he'd stop gloating when he scores against us. His joy after last seasons 5-1 defeat was painful to see and thats not just as a Jags fan.  Schadenfreude I understand,  but to be a true professional,  he needs to put this dislike behind him.

What he hasn't developed is wisdom.  To be a successful overweight footballer you either need inate ability, supreme confidence,  or (a la Gazza) no brains!  I'm sure his coaches at Firhill told him to lose weight. He chose not to, & the club didn't owe him a living.  

Edited by East Kent Jag II
Wisdom comment

4 hours ago, Pinhead said:

That is him signed now, can't say i know much of him tbh but that takes us to 20 players so wonder where the final player signing will fit in with McCall saying he wanted 21

4 hours ago, Pinhead said:

That is him signed now, can't say i know much of him tbh but that takes us to 20 players so wonder where the final player signing will fit in with McCall saying he wanted 21

Play Foster at right back and sign a decent Left back and we have the makings of a good squad

I reckon I would be feeling cautiously optimistic with this squad if we had survived relegation. So I guess I should be extremely confident of us getting promoted from this division. Perhaps a mixture of Jaggy deja vu and the overall strangeness of this season temper much of that confidence. Quite ironic I suppose combining knowledge of past failures of good squads (on paper) with a complete lack of knowledge of what lies ahead.

The squad does look it has a nice balance to it. No obvious positional gaps or lack of cover and plenty of formation options. The average age of the squad looks like its also came down significantly.

However one of the big plus points is I think for the first time in quite a few seasons we don't have any jobbers. Only Cardle, Foster and Graham are over 30 and none of them to my mind are in the jobbing category, they all look like leaders. I expect Foster and Graham in particular to demand standards are met by the younger players.

Ominous optimism

3 hours ago, laukat said:

The squad does look it has a nice balance to it. No obvious positional gaps or lack of cover and plenty of formation options. The average age of the squad looks like its also came down significantly.

However one of the big plus points is I think for the first time in quite a few seasons we don't have any jobbers. Only Cardle, Foster and Graham are over 30 and none of them to my mind are in the jobbing category, they all look like leaders. I expect Foster and Graham in particular to demand standards are met by the younger players.

Ominous optimism

There might not be any jobbers but there is a jobby in the dugout.

12 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

We are apparently signing Charlie Reilly tomorrow on a 1 year deal.  He’s been a trialist the last few games.  Previously with Hamilton Accies he is only 18, so got a lot of potential. Quite a few Accies fans on pie and bovril sorry that he left them and has the makings of a good player

McCall is also saying 

but he’ll come into the first-team squad and we’ll look to develop him over the next two or three years

I'm reading that as we have a further option on the lad.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 5:34 PM, Pinhead said:

Loan signing from Dundee Utd! 

Does this mean there has been a reconciliation between the two clubs. I may have missed it but haven't seen anything about paying their legal fees! 

Has this been resolved?