Transfer window

a f kincaid

8 hours ago, elevenone said:

Tabloids reporting this morning that Kevin Nisbet being watched by English Premiership side Sheffield Utd.  Some fairytale for him from days of warming our bench and being sent out on loan.

Yep, we blew that one. He’s really matured

22 minutes ago, sandy said:

Yep, we blew that one. He’s really matured

Been mentioned often that he didn’t impress on loan and let himself down with attitude & fitness. I did hope at the time of relegation that we might keep him for a season to see how it worked it with a run of games but obviously Archie decided otherwise. 

Fair play & good luck to him for sorting himself out and becoming the player we hoped he would be for us. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Been mentioned often that he didn’t impress on loan and let himself down with attitude & fitness. I did hope at the time of relegation that we might keep him for a season to see how it worked it with a run of games but obviously Archie decided otherwise. 

Fair play & good luck to him for sorting himself out and becoming the player we hoped he would be for us. 

Agree.  After seeing him play for Thistle and Dumbarton, no way at all anybody could have predicted he would turn into the player he now is. The same as Shankland. 

53 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree.  After seeing him play for Thistle and Dumbarton, no way at all anybody could have predicted he would turn into the player he now is. The same as Shankland. 

agree with that AJ saw kevin couple of times at Dumbarton looked a wee bit disinterested over both games

however good luck to the lad

13 hours ago, watties wallies said:

agree with that AJ saw kevin couple of times at Dumbarton looked a wee bit disinterested over both games

however good luck to the lad

Agreed. I must admit I do wonder where we would be now if we had kept hold of him and he scored those goals with us for a few seasons.....but hey thats fate for you. 

1 hour ago, jags on tour said:

I noticed something on Twitter about us recalling Dean Watson from East Stirlingshire, does that mean that we have no fit strikers for Saturday? 

he’s absolutely nowhere near it , he can’t even get a fxckin game for East Stirling 

Edited by Bobbyhouston

7 hours ago, jags on tour said:

I noticed something on Twitter about us recalling Dean Watson from East Stirlingshire, does that mean that we have no fit strikers for Saturday? 

It might just mean he has been recalled to be released, remember McCall said some players may need to leave in January window to get some in.

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

It might just mean he has been recalled to be released, remember McCall said some players may need to leave in January window to get some in.

I wouldn’t have thought Dean would be on a high wage, if they were looking to free someone up on a higher wage to provide funds then I would have thought tam o ware would have been a better target

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I wouldn’t have thought Dean would be on a high wage, if they were looking to free someone up on a higher wage to provide funds then I would have thought tam o ware would have been a better target

The boy is 18 and playing football as a career, i would expect him still to be on a living wage circa 16-20k per year

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Not if he’s on a modern apprenticeship 

ÂŁ6.45 an hour is minimum wage for his age ÂŁ13416 a year. I am basing this on an average persons weekly work of 40hrs. With it being football i expect he will be on a wee bit more cause we know how financially prudent football clubs are!

11 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

ÂŁ6.45 an hour is minimum wage for his age ÂŁ13416 a year. I am basing this on an average persons weekly work of 40hrs. With it being football i expect he will be on a wee bit more cause we know how financially prudent football clubs are!

Apprenticeship is paid at £3.70 an hour or £4.15 if non -technical it can be raised based on employee 

https://www.scottishunionlearning.com/work-modern-apprenticeships-faq/#faq_6

8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Apprenticeship is paid at £3.70 an hour or £4.15 if non -technical it can be raised based on employee 

https://www.scottishunionlearning.com/work-modern-apprenticeships-faq/#faq_6

I misread that lol so almost 9k a year if basic which i doubt he will be going as i said on how silly football clubs are. Still 9k that can be given to someone else and we don't know what is left on the Jobbys budget that he did not spend in the summer so could be enough.

2 hours ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Modern apprenticeship at roughly £120 per week after tax 

So i have found out from NorgeThistle but this is football and we know how daft clubs can be with money. We are more cheapskate but i would expect a few k a year being added on top of that because footy is not a normal job.