Transfer window

a f kincaid

50 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Do we need another central midfielder ?

I thought McDaid was more of a wide midfielder? Maybe we won't be keeping Spittal so who knows. I haven't seen any update regarding Docherty's injury as well so that might have a bearing

I thought McDaid mught end up getting linked with us. We need a winger and McDaid is a winger that has proven capable at our current level. When you add that he's out the picture at Dundee, would probably be avalaible on a loan and McCall knows him it seems to tick a lot of boxes.

He's not someone that I will get excited about. I think he has a tendancy to delay the cross and try to do too much when he gets in a decent position.

However he does have pace and does like to stick to the touchline so would at this point be an upgrade on Cardle who has a tendancy to cut inside and doesn't want to try and outpace the opposing fullback so he should quicken our forward play and stretch opposition defences.

It would be utter folly to sign McDaid( or anyone).

It is highly likely that we won’t play again this season. We should be trying to offload if possible due to financial stress.

Consign ourselves to another season with the garbage but save the club. We aren’t good enough to win the league even if football returns foreshortened.

I saw McDaid several times at under 20’s and admittedly he looked good. But so did McCarthy, Wilson, Lamont, Docherty ,McLoughlin and others. Where are they now?

He was dreadful in the 1st team and thank God, he left. He’s played against us several times and been subbed most times, contributing nothing. I was delighted to see him in opposition ranks.

Please God no!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

It would be utter folly to sign McDaid( or anyone).

It is highly likely that we won’t play again this season. We should be trying to offload if possible due to financial stress.

Consign ourselves to another season with the garbage but save the club. We aren’t good enough to win the league even if football returns foreshortened.

I saw McDaid several times at under 20’s and admittedly he looked good. But so did McCarthy, Wilson, Lamont, Docherty ,McLoughlin and others. Where are they now?

He was dreadful in the 1st team and thank God, he left. He’s played against us several times and been subbed most times, contributing nothing. I was delighted to see him in opposition ranks.

Please God no!

He was very young while in the first team and not given enough opportunity. Besides there’s a massive difference for any players ability in playing league one clubs compared to premier league. He also did well at Ayr

28 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I’m sure I read somewhere FIFA will not allow it, they will only allow the loans period to be extended for longer.  Which shows what a further shambles this action from the SFA has been 

If I read you right we can't make new loans past January and only renew a loan that was up in January. Think that's a bit harsh.

Said before but if any club can afford to sign a new player then it's effectively misusing the grant money. Loan deal are the way to go.

The January transfer window for permanent transfers ie. signing player X from club Y ends on 1st February and is FIFA mandated so can't be extended. 

The current loan window for L1/L2 clubs expires on 1st March and can be extended at the discretion of the SFA so could move to the end of March if the clubs request it. 

Free agents can be signed until end of March so, for example, players like Reece Cole and Niall Keown(to just pick two unattached players) could be signed at any time. 

• Like 3