Transfer window

a f kincaid

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Kevin Nisbet hands in transfer request at Hibs. Oh my! Too big for his pants?

Not sure I believe that , think Hibs are being a bit greedy re the fee of 2.5 million for a player they bought for 300k only 6 months ago 

For Kevin Nisbet this is a life changing move for him , can’t blame him at all .

14 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

He was on TV a couple of weeks ago and gave the impression that he would like to move back to the central area. I think he said his partner was a teacher and that's why he would like to return here.

If his partner is living and working as a teacher in the central belt and he is up in Dingwall then this is perfectly understandable. On the other hand I wouldn't have thought it difficult to secure a teaching position in the North if my local area is anything to go by! 

Perhaps the point is Hughes want players who are constantly in the game and not like Spittal who is in and out and often invisible! 

On 01/02/2021 at 8:35 PM, jlsarmy said:

Not sure I believe that , think Hibs are being a bit greedy re the fee of 2.5 million for a player they bought for 300k only 6 months ago 

For Kevin Nisbet this is a life changing move for him , can’t blame him at all .

Certainly not worth 2.5 millions ATM. He has too many 'barren' spells as a goalscorer. Still relatively young and potential to get better! Still don't see him as a regular goal scorer in either PL or Championship! 

4 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Certainly not worth 2.5 millions ATM. He has too many 'barren' spells as a goalscorer. Still relatively young and potential to get better! Still don't see him as a regular goal scorer in either PL or Championship! 

You're probably right but I have no clue as to the actual value a player is worth. I'd suggest in any case the selling price can be loaded with provisos. In fact I think that's the norm these days, so the terms of loading may well be more important than the price quoted. 

Two things in Nisbet's favour. Firstly he's adept at dummy runs and drawing defenders away from a scorer. Secondly he's big and strong. So when he's going thru a barren scoring spell he's still big and strong. I'd add a third, off the ball he takes up good positions, but that would be more or less a pre-requisite at the level he aspires to. 

• 2 weeks later...