Transfer window

a f kincaid

13 hours ago, jaggy said:

Seems a strange one as we already have 2 right backs

Jesus wept! He's looking to strengthen the one position we actually have well covered. I only hope this isn't costing anything. 

Any money spent should be directly targeted at improving the absolutely disgraceful goal ratio of 9 goals from 10 games. 

37 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Jesus wept! He's looking to strengthen the one position we actually have well covered. I only hope this isn't costing anything. 

Any money spent should be directly targeted at improving the absolutely disgraceful goal ratio of 9 goals from 10 games. 

Agree it doesn't appear to make sense. So much so that if it came about I'd like to think it's a "Mukendi" deal. 

While it's certainly not a position we should be prioritising, it's also worth minding we've only one right back that can actually tackle.

17 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree it doesn't appear to make sense. So much so that if it came about I'd like to think it's a "Mukendi" deal. 

While it's certainly not a position we should be prioritising, it's also worth minding we've only one right back that can actually tackle.

And none that can cross.

Williamson and Cardle link up well, but the percentage of  telling crosses that Williamson gets in is very low. If we do get back playing, we need to hit the ground running and any signings need to be up to speed, not sure if a 17 year old is going to be that sort of signing. Of course in the current situation any signing will be a big gamble.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, jaggy said:

I just heard a rumour about Paton & Erskine on loan as Lowland League won't start. Not sure of source. 

Is Docherty still injured?

I heard a rumour of Penrice to Livingston with two Livi players coming our way, which might explain the Rangers  full  back interest

18 minutes ago, macca said:

I heard a rumour of Penrice to Livingston with two Livi players coming our way, which might explain the Rangers  full  back interest

Penrice can’t go to Livi now as it’s only loans that can move, only transfer window for lower leagues extended. It would have only been able to have happened in January if there had been no lockdown and furlough. That’s not to say though that 2 Livi players could not still be loaned to us but penrice would not be leaving till the summer at the earliest 

Edited by Third Lanark

58 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Another defender? Lol. We going to shitfest our way to the play offs with 0-0 draws? McCall must be on a retainer at Ibrox.

Thistle manager, Ian McCall, said:

“There are a number of positions throughout the squad that we are looking to strengthen over the coming weeks. Adam is a good player to kick off our recruitment and we’ll hopefully have news on more arrivals soon.”

Scottish League One promotion hopefuls Falkirk and Partick Thistle appear to be in a head-to-head battle to sign Dundee centre-half Jordan Forster this summer. (The Courier)

Interesting if true, with Brownlie, McKenna, Sena and OWare then maybe the later is done? But if Falkirk beat us to promotion then probably academic.. 

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

Scottish League One promotion hopefuls Falkirk and Partick Thistle appear to be in a head-to-head battle to sign Dundee centre-half Jordan Forster this summer. (The Courier)

Interesting if true, with Brownlie, McKenna, Sena and OWare then maybe the later is done? But if Falkirk beat us to promotion then probably academic.. 

Falkirk signed a youngster from Rangers. A defender.