Transfer window

a f kincaid

13 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Just let's say that our squad is getting worse and McCall is getting desperate because as a League 1 side its what we should expect.

As a stop gap maybe to get out of league asap.  But ideally we should be or at least trying to recreate a young attacking team that is entertaining to watch.  Build the team around Sena and get rid of a lot of the dead wood who got us here in first place.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Hopefully only training and nothing else.

The sensibly realistic part of me nods sage agreement and says that it would be tragic to sign an over the hill past player on the basis of sentiment.

The dare to dream part of me, which for no good reason tends to win most arguments, would pose the question:

League decider against Falkirk. A Thistle player races across the halfway line, ball at his feet, defenders scattering before him. Who do you want it to be? Who do the Falkirk fans least want it to be?

A  Brian Graham

B  Blair Lyons

C  Zak Rudden

D Conor Murray

E  Chris Erskine

Sorry I cannot do polls. Answers on a virtual postcard accepted.

28 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

The sensibly realistic part of me nods sage agreement and says that it would be tragic to sign an over the hill past player on the basis of sentiment.

The dare to dream part of me, which for no good reason tends to win most arguments, would pose the question:

League decider against Falkirk. A Thistle player races across the halfway line, ball at his feet, defenders scattering before him. Who do you want it to be? Who do the Falkirk fans least want it to be?

A  Brian Graham

B  Blair Lyons

C  Zak Rudden

D Conor Murray

E  Chris Erskine

Sorry I cannot do polls. Answers on a virtual postcard accepted.

I'm afraid 2013 is a distant memory and as you say, Erskine is over the hill. The reason he went to the Lowland League.

I think this makes sense. We need creativity and we're signing a guy for a short period who only a year ago was in the top league. When you add that the unique natue of this season and whats avilable to be signed then I would welcom Erskine back.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/partick-thistle-legend-chris-erskine-23623945

Docherty a few weeks away from being fit. Might be available before the end of the season. Same applies for Williamson. That’s why Geggan likely & the young boy from Rangers. 
Erskine- makes sense. Got to remember that this time last year he was playing in premier league. Better option than some and will always give his best for Partick Thistle.