Transfer window

a f kincaid

On 3/4/2021 at 10:57 PM, jaggy said:

I just heard a rumour about Paton & Erskine on loan as Lowland League won't start. Not sure of source. 

Is Docherty still injured?

Steve Bell is another rumour (on loan from EK) he’s only 36! He’s ex-Ayr bur I’ve never heard of him even though he’s been a pro for years. 

59 minutes ago, dibble said:

Happy days - anyone who has played for Ayr united in the past 20 years in is invited to join the thistle playing squad for the remainder of the season.

In that case I'd take Mark Roberts back again. Reckon he would still do a job in this pub league

I don't really think there are many more options out there.

I think we're restricted to youngsters from the top level teams or more experienced players who are currently not playing. The chances of getting the likes of Spittal or McDaid has proven to be really difficult so McCall picking out players he knows can probably come in and hit the ground running is the only option we have.

40 minutes ago, CrimeWriterJag said:

Andy Geggan mentioned in his Jagzone interview ‘with Stevie Bell coming in...’ so I expect that will be the next one to be announced.

I think we're announcing them in order of age. Geggan's 33, Bell is 36, so Erskine, being a mere 34 year old, may be next up.  Before the week's out I wouldn't be surprised if we sign someone who's old enough to have already .had his Covid jag.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think we're announcing them in order of age. Geggan's 33, Bell is 36, so Erskine, being a mere 34 year old, may be next up.  Before the week's out I wouldn't be surprised if we sign someone who's old enough to have already .had his Covid jag.

If they hold off until Friday when I get my first Jag, the can announce me as an actual Jag.