Transfer window

a f kincaid

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Our ageing squad will be fine as long as John Beaton referees our games. He is reluctant to move out of the centre circle and when he can be bothered to do so  he is always at least 15 yards behind the play! 

Aye, Wee John B makes Willie Young in his day look like he was a naturally gifted athlete. I note that Mr Beaton's daytime job is as a PR for ScotRail Alliance. Kinda fitting in a way.:)

Give the lad a chance. He has scored 6 goals in 39 appearances, the guy is still only 22.

Kevin Nisbet scored 8 goals in 57 appearance when he was 22., now Hibs are turning down 7 figures for him. 

Wait till he misses as many sitters as Azeez before slating the boy

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Give the lad a chance. He has scored 6 goals in 39 appearances, the guy is still only 22.

Kevin Nisbet scored 8 goals in 57 appearance when he was 22., now Hibs are turning down 7 figures for him. 

Wait till he misses as many sitters as Azeez before slating the boy

Unfortunately we have a management team who don't know what they are doing, no matter how good a player is.

Happy to see Erskine return, he's always been a player capable of creating something from nothing and in recent years we've lacked anyone like that. I would hope that he's fairly fit now he's a personal trainer. The way he was treated by Caldwell was poor and its hard to see how Cardle has been an upgrade on Erskine. Erskine was more than capable of continuing his career at  least at Champinship level last season so I would hope he would do a decent job at this level.

MacIver is the right age and probably knows that at 22 he needs to get first team games so he should be reasonable cover for Rudden and Graham and help push them.

Steve Bell when at Ayr always struck me as a solid player, nothing flashy but  very consitent. Experience and leadership like that could be important if the title goes to the last couple of games or if we need to get through the playoffs.

Only question I have is if the lowland leagues start back does this mean Erskine, Geggan and Bell will be recalled by East Kilbride?

3 hours ago, laukat said:

Happy to see Erskine return, he's always been a player capable of creating something from nothing and in recent years we've lacked anyone like that. I would hope that he's fairly fit now he's a personal trainer. The way he was treated by Caldwell was poor and its hard to see how Cardle has been an upgrade on Erskine. Erskine was more than capable of continuing his career at  least at Champinship level last season so I would hope he would do a decent job at this level.

MacIver is the right age and probably knows that at 22 he needs to get first team games so he should be reasonable cover for Rudden and Graham and help push them.

Steve Bell when at Ayr always struck me as a solid player, nothing flashy but  very consitent. Experience and leadership like that could be important if the title goes to the last couple of games or if we need to get through the playoffs.

Only question I have is if the lowland leagues start back does this mean Erskine, Geggan and Bell will be recalled by East Kilbride?

Same. Can't think of any players in our current team with an Erskine type pass in them.

If he creates 8 chances and we score 3 of them in 8 games I'd be happy.

I'm a little mystified what trawling the Lowland League for loan players is bringing to the table in terms of getting us out of League 1. Also a little embarrassed if I'm being honest. Might have slightly understood if they were youngsters ready to make the step up. Clearly that's not the case. 

I'm kind undecided about Erskine though. He's a player I've always liked but it was clear he was past his prime the last time he left. Was genuinely surprised when Livingston signed him. He is definitely the type of player our team desperately needs. As would any with **** all creativity. I have literally every appendage crossed that he has some spark of his old ability left. 

MacIver is the clear exception. I suspect this is the last throw of the dice by Motherwell to see if the lad has a future at the top level. His scoring record isn't encouraging. Can only hope he clicks during his loan. God knows we need goals from somewhere.