Transfer window

a f kincaid

On 3/13/2021 at 1:18 AM, Muscat Jag said:

I'm a little mystified what trawling the Lowland League for loan players is bringing to the table in terms of getting us out of League 1. Also a little embarrassed if I'm being honest. Might have slightly understood if they were youngsters ready to make the step up. Clearly that's not the case. 

I'm kind undecided about Erskine though. He's a player I've always liked but it was clear he was past his prime the last time he left. Was genuinely surprised when Livingston signed him. He is definitely the type of player our team desperately needs. As would any with **** all creativity. I have literally every appendage crossed that he has some spark of his old ability left. 

MacIver is the clear exception. I suspect this is the last throw of the dice by Motherwell to see if the lad has a future at the top level. His scoring record isn't encouraging. Can only hope he clicks during his loan. God knows we need goals from somewhere. 

I agree with this post.

The only rationale I can offer for trawling the Lowland League is that perhaps, for whatever reason, there are at the moment players there who should be playing or can play at a higher level! 

On 3/15/2021 at 5:26 PM, elevenone said:

Reece Cole links up again with Osman Kakay and signs for QPR.

Kakay I think had a shaky start with us but I thought he made a very good contribution to the team and got better with every game. By comparison Cole, at least when I saw him play, was largely anonymous in our midfield and had very little impact on the game. 

I would take Kakay back but would need to be convinced about Cole. 

Signing for QPR is a good gig for him. Hope it goes well but have my doubts. 

38 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Kakay I think had a shaky start with us but I thought he made a very good contribution to the team and got better with every game. By comparison Cole, at least when I saw him play, was largely anonymous in our midfield and had very little impact on the game. 

I would take Kakay back but would need to be convinced about Cole. 

Signing for QPR is a good gig for him. Hope it goes well but have my doubts. 

It's never a great defence of a player to highlight mitigating circumstances but I thought Cole was superior a player to Kakay. The latter tho' on occasion was more than decent and certainly not blameworthy for our woeful season. Where I feel the mitigation kicks in with Cole is he had to play much of a game in too deep a position that was dependent on defensive skills, which he lacked. Same I suppose could be said of Bannigan. Imo not having a clean tackling defensive mid protecting our fragile defence was our biggest failing.

Played less deep Cole looked the part. He was the one player capable of a quick incisive forward pass in the middle of the park but he also knew when to hold onto the ball. And of course he was useful with a dead ball. As the season progressed he may to some look like he'd lost his way but much could be put down to frustration.   

3 hours ago, elevenone said:

Yep really is astonishing how far we have fallen and more worryingly it looks like more falling is likely rather than climbing.

That's something I haven't really considered. But yes there's every possibility we could drop down from mid table third tier. Two of the five clubs currently below us have beaten us and a third was a drawn match  at Firhill.

I think tho' we've kinda established ourselves as a mid table club, which in itself is extremely depressing view to take. This time round we don't appear to have a Mark Roberts type figure to turn draws into hardly deserved wins or help scrape a draw when we're heading for defeat. 

19 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

A fall of 21 places. Significant as that represents exactly half of the entire SPFL. 

A very alarming stat and as already mentioned we might have a bit to fall yet. Hope not though. Time to steady the ship and getting back up the leagues. The only way to do that is to get back into the Championship, if that doesn't happen this season it must be next season, if not i fear a very prolonged  stay in the lower leagues for us.

5 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

A very alarming stat and as already mentioned we might have a bit to fall yet. Hope not though. Time to steady the ship and getting back up the leagues. The only way to do that is to get back into the Championship, if that doesn't happen this season it must be next season, if not i fear a very prolonged  stay in the lower leagues for us.

Under the present leadership,  both off and on the field we will only keep dropping.