Transfer window

a f kincaid

20 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

From what I’ve heard Doolan was wanted by McColl, he wanted to return, was within budget but was vetoed by the chair 

Care to speculate why?

Doesn’t  auger well for the future if the manager doesn’t get to pick the players he signs...

Just now, jags on tour said:

Can folk not just accept that Doolan is finished, he’s been rank rotten and not kicked a baw for years. I wish the re-signings of McCall, Archie and Harkins were blocked as they have been hopeless since coming back!

Don’t think that’s the point.. regardless of who it is, if the board start making signing decisions then how many do they make? One, two, three... 

14 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Don’t think that’s the point.. regardless of who it is, if the board start making signing decisions then how many do they make? One, two, three... 

I think the point is not that the chair is picking players but simply outlying how much we can afford to spend on the squad and there is nothing unusual in that 

Doolan has been poor for 3 seasons can we move on 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I think the point is not that the chair is picking players but simply outlying how much we can afford to spend on the squad and there is nothing unusual in that 

Doolan has been poor for 3 seasons can we move on 

He was within the managers budget, and was a target for him. Especially with Mansell maybe moving on

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Perhaps McCall wanted to bring him back on part coaching/part playing position. The Board maybe think our current status doesn't warrant additional coaches.

If that’s true, then the Board were surprisingly correct then, because we don’t need other coaches, at this time. If it’s simply in a player role, then it’s down to McCall, or it should be. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

From what I’ve heard Doolan was wanted by McColl, he wanted to return, was within budget but was vetoed by the chair 

I'm not a fan of Jacqui Low. The handling of the Doolan departure was shameful. Some of the statements the club have put out are cringeworthy. Advising fans on the production of an anti-SPFL banner was an appalling embarrassment.

It's alarming though, if true, that someone at the club is feeding vague stories to fans to post on the internet without substantiation. 

The club are in a parlous state especially given the uncertainty about returning to playing football. I'm not a business-minded person but it seems that until Colin Weir's estate is settled the club is in limbo. I don't see any change of leadership on the horizon.

I'm not sure what this sniping is hoping to achieve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

I'm not a fan of Jacqui Low. The handling of the Doolan departure was shameful. Some of the statements the club have put out are cringeworthy. Advising fans on the production of an anti-SPFL banner was an appalling embarrassment.

It's alarming though, if true, that someone at the club is feeding vague stories to fans to post on the internet without substantiation. 

The club are in a parlous state especially given the uncertainty about returning to playing football. I'm not a business-minded person but it seems that until Colin Weir's estate is settled the club is in limbo. I don't see any change of leadership on the horizon.

Story never came from the club, but someone very close to the player

Although it is defo not happening now I was in two minds about a Doolan return.

1. It would have been a massive boost to the club and fans to have the legend that is Sir Kris Doolan return and would hopefully galvanize the support a bit.

2. What if he return and was absolutely rubbish would this sour his legacy and simple leave everyone with the memory of an aging striker who couldn't replicate the form of his first spell. I know people will say he wasnt great in his last season with his but to be fair who was??

Disappointing if the someone on the board is deciding who we sign and dont sign. I cant see McCall standing for this. Surely he has a budget and as long as the players he brings in are within this budget then the board shouldn't really have an input. The only instance where I would expect the board to interfere with a signing is if that player had some sort of ongoing issue that could potentially damage the reputation of the club which Doolan certainly does not.

3 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Because there is no change of leadership likely for  the foreseeable future, are we as fans merely to accept all that goes on without questioning the reasoning behind it and the actual direction and governance of the club?

I fully understand she has successfully built up an almost cult following from a very vocal section of our fan base, but no custodian of the club, regardless how much cash they have put in should be allowed to go unchallenged 

6 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Because there is no change of leadership likely for  the foreseeable future, are we as fans merely to accept all that goes on without questioning the reasoning behind it and the actual direction and governance of the club?

I fully understand she has successfully built up an almost cult following from a very vocal section of our fan base, but no custodian of the club, regardless how much cash they have put in should be allowed to go unchallenged 

Cult following for jlow...they are keeping a low profile that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Cult following? Where has that nonsense came from? I've never heard anything vocal about her, pro or anti

• Like 1