Transfer window

a f kincaid

49 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

The story I’ve been told , McCall did want to bring Dools back on a part time Coaching and Player role but just now the all the Academy staff have been made redundant and it was vetoed by the Board because of the redundancies .

Legally they couldn’t do it 

Are you sure that is correct. If Dools was coming back as a coach/player, his job is different from people that were only coaches or players.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

The story I’ve been told , McCall did want to bring Dools back on a part time Coaching and Player role but just now the all the Academy staff have been made redundant and it was vetoed by the Board because of the redundancies .

Legally they couldn’t do it 

Academy and PTFC are two separate entities, so this would not apply

6 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

If he was coming back , it would have been an Academy coach 

I thought we were told academy money was safe, never impacted club budgets, and as the teams are back training (with new sponsorship), why was their redundancies? I don’t recall seeing anything posted about this

Just now, Norgethistle said:

I thought we were told academy money was safe, never impacted club budgets, and as the teams are back training (with new sponsorship), why was their redundancies? I don’t recall seeing anything posted about this

Check it out yourself 

Just now, jlsarmy said:

6th July !!!

Just to get my head round this.

The academy is funded via sponsorships, Weirs money and player sales. It is not reliant (like Thistle) on gate money. Neither is it reliant on Thistle.

There was a furlough scheme in place.

There is no outgoing till August 3rd for pitches etc. When up to U16 started back.

2 new sponsorship deals were also announced.

Yet they laid people off?  I thought no one associated with the club would be affected by this (Furlough plus top up), did that not include the Academy that also had a windfall from Aidan Fitzpatrick sale?

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Just to get my head round this.

The academy is funded via sponsorships, Weirs money and player sales. It is not reliant (like Thistle) on gate money. Neither is it reliant on Thistle.

There was a furlough scheme in place.

There is no outgoing till August 3rd for pitches etc. When up to U16 started back.

2 new sponsorship deals were also announced.

Yet they laid people off?  I thought no one associated with the club would be affected by this (Furlough plus top up), did that not include the Academy that also had a windfall from Aidan Fitzpatrick sale?

I only heard this today

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I agree it wouldn’t - I am just not sure it would have been illegal 

Possibly right but depends on the contract , you obviously can’t make people redundant and then someone takes their job albeit possibly a slightly different role .

Re Scottish Football, think Clubs have to make big decisions to survive, no income steams etc , even Sponsorship, the whole concept is to put your Company out there to a bigger audience, obviously doesn’t really work with no Supporters in the ground .

34 minutes ago, javeajag said:

There may well be financial issues involved here ......clubs will have some hard choices to make ....Dortmund have announced they have lost 44m due to Covid 

Of course there is with nearly every team, no income streams .

Think we’re all being incredibly naive if we think we’re going to sail through this , pandemic and relegation, not a good mix 

17 minutes ago, javeajag said:

There may well be financial issues involved here ......clubs will have some hard choices to make ....Dortmund have announced they have lost 44m due to Covid 

Dortmund rely on gate money. 80000 seats at €20 ave a game plus, hospitality, match sponsorship etc They normally generate €3 million income a match. 
They have lost €15 but expect to lose €45

Academy does not rely on match day income or hospitality. 

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

Dortmund rely on gate money. 80000 seats at €20 ave a game plus, hospitality, match sponsorship etc They normally generate €3 million income a match. 
They have lost €15 but expect to lose €45

Academy does not rely on match day income or hospitality. 

Who knows Norge , we have no benefactor as such now , so where will the money come from in the coming years ?

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

It’s a good point,  but my understanding was it operated at a profit without player transfer fees 

Not sure about that , I know they get some grants from the SFA but usually the Clubs fund their Academies .

Our circumstances were different over the last few years because of the generosity of the Weirs .

43 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure about that , I know they get some grants from the SFA but usually the Clubs fund their Academies .

Our circumstances were different over the last few years because of the generosity of the Weirs .

It was stated when 3BC bought the club that the academy was now funded till 2021. In the link below, last point.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-qa/

Has that promise (as well as handing over ground ASAP, and Club by 30th March) been forgotten?

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Possibly right but depends on the contract , you obviously can’t make people redundant and then someone takes their job albeit possibly a slightly different role .

Re Scottish Football, think Clubs have to make big decisions to survive, no income steams etc , even Sponsorship, the whole concept is to put your Company out there to a bigger audience, obviously doesn’t really work with no Supporters in the ground .

If someone carrying out coaching and playing replaces someone just coaching that’s more than just slightly different, I think. However, since one our sponsors are employment law experts I guess there must have been something in the legality of it - assuming that it was happening.