BBC 1 now alan hansen tribute showing 71 cup final goals

Happyjag

47 minutes ago, Happyjag said:

I actually thought Alan had played in that final. Quite a good bit of coverage for the jags for a wee change.  Funny hearing lineker talking about the jags.

A Hansen did play in that game,but not Alan it was his older brother John, who was a very good player as well.

5 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

A Hansen did play in that game,but not Alan it was his older brother John, who was a very good player as well.

Yeah in the programme they are talking to his brother. And he mentions this I'm not sure if the one they are speaking to was the guy who played in the final. I just liked the fact he referred to thistle as us, well he said we wer playing celtic in the final. It mentions him then signing for us and staying for  four years.  I also liked lineker referring to us as the jags I wonder sometimes if the english fans and pundits  are aware of us as they look down and belittle the scottish game so often.

7 hours ago, Happyjag said:

Yeah in the programme they are talking to his brother. And he mentions this I'm not sure if the one they are speaking to was the guy who played in the final. I just liked the fact he referred to thistle as us, well he said we wer playing celtic in the final. It mentions him then signing for us and staying for  four years.  I also liked lineker referring to us as the jags I wonder sometimes if the english fans and pundits  are aware of us as they look down and belittle the scottish game so often.

No need to wonder. Most have never heard of us.

10 hours ago, Happyjag said:

Yes that was John Hansen they spoke to.

6 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

No need to wonder. Most have never heard of us.

Highly debatable. When I worked down south everybody I spoke to had heard of Partick Thistle. Indeed I would say PTFC have a reach in popular culture far beyond similar sized clubs in Scotland - for the wrong reasons perhaps.

Edited by One t in Scotland

1 hour ago, One t in Scotland said:

Highly debatable. When I worked down south everybody I spoke to had heard of Partick Thistle. Indeed I would say PTFC have a reach in popular culture far beyond similar sized clubs in Scotland - for the wrong reasons perhaps.

Everyone in Corby knows Thistle and there are a few fans down here.

There are 11 Thistle Tops (125 Year Silvery Grey ones), in the South West of Germany.

Have friends from when I worked there and arranged a Corby v FC Hausen friendly game.

We swapped tops at the end. Bit gutted I didn't have a spare to keep. 

1 hour ago, CotterJag said:

There are 11 Thistle Tops (125 Year Silvery Grey ones), in the South West of Germany.

Have friends from when I worked there and arranged a Corby v FC Hausen friendly game.

I quite liked the silver tops, pity I gave mine away too.

2 hours ago, CotterJag said:

23 minutes ago, sandy said:

I quite liked the silver tops, pity I gave mine away too.

To many Thistle players been selling the jersey over the past 3 years.:getmecoat:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Recall a recent statement by our manager where he said there were 10 - 12 clubs  in Scotland equivalent to us in size etc but Partick Thistle were special because we are "iconic"! 

I agree with McCall but couldn't help thinking this might be a source of jealousy from other clubs and perhaps influenced their reconstruction voting intentions! Unlikely I know but that orher club which is held in high esteem, Queens Park, might want to think twice before upsetting the apple cart by seeking success! 

5 hours ago, sabbath said:

Was it on the day that Jock Stein died that he said to Fergie "Never give that man a jersey again", low and behold he was dropped from the squad to Mexico. First class self publicist, not in the same class as Hughes. 

Sorry, I'm genuinely unsure:

"he was dropped" Who? Alan Hansen?

"First class self publicist" Who? Hansen?

"not in the same class as Hughes" Who is Hughes? Emlyn?

• Like 2