New season - live streaming

fifexile

Apparently the fixture list is out tomorrow. If the games have to be played behind closed doors is there any word if Thistle will live stream the games? If they do I'd expect ST holders wouldn't have to pay, but what's a reasonable price to pay and would you pay another club to watch away games? 

At the moment prices in the Premier league vary. Cheapest Motherwell £12.00, dearest Livingston £20.00. Not all clubs in the premier league have said how much they will charge. If you have a season ticket the streaming will be included in the season ticket price.

Edited by Auld Jag

If the quality of the picture was good and the stream of a good quality also then I would happily pay £20 to watch a match, if we don't have the option of actually going to the games.

That's probably a bit on the high side of what the majority would pay, but it would be likely that 2-3 people that would normally go to the games together will just pay for one stream and watch it together.

44 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

If the quality of the picture was good and the stream of a good quality also then I would happily pay £20 to watch a match, if we don't have the option of actually going to the games.

That's probably a bit on the high side of what the majority would pay, but it would be likely that 2-3 people that would normally go to the games together will just pay for one stream and watch it together.

Wonder if the clubs will charge more when they play the ugly sisters?

3 hours ago, fifexile said:

Apparently the fixture list is out tomorrow. If the games have to be played behind closed doors is there any word if Thistle will live stream the games? If they do I'd expect ST holders wouldn't have to pay, but what's a reasonable price to pay and would you pay another club to watch away games? 

What is happening with Season tickets? Is the price staying the same even although there will be 1/3 less matches at least 

18 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

And it’s still at the price of the Premiership of 2 years ago but we are two leagues down

As you have indicated though in previous posts there is a danger of the club not surviving through this pandemic though, so they will need all the income they can get.  I can see why they are not reducing the price if they maintain it at that price, albeit it is high for 27 games 

Edited by Third Lanark

1 hour ago, policemans whistle said:

So called expert on morning TV says does not expect FULL crowds this side of the year and possibly not till next season

Shouldn't this be set proportionately to size of ground, rather than just be a general figure (of say 50% of usual average crowd)??  Then Thistle could maybe hold 2000-3000 spread about; perhaps arrangements for pregame tickets could allow family and mates who go to games together to be close (with one seat distance between them).  There are problems like folk going for halftime pies or pees where you could get crowding so there's a lot needing to be worked out.  Funnily enough, it may be easier for smaller clubs who still have a lot of standing room.

Edited by Mr Bunny

1 hour ago, policemans whistle said:

So called expert on morning TV says does not expect FULL crowds this side of the yea,r and possibly not till next season

Depends what clubs and what grounds they are talking about full crowds for, I’d say. 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

As you have indicated though in previous posts there is a danger of the club not surviving through this pandemic though, so they will need all the income they can get.  I can see why they are not reducing the price if they maintain it at that price, albeit it is high for 27 games 

This price could put people off. Our chair has stated budget is fine and we have money, so surely price the ST based on league and quantity of games. We are two leagues down and potentially 6 home games down. A lot of folk will have been on 80% wages, a lot may have or will lose their jobs once furlough is ended. The pandemic has affected the club but it’s also affected the fans, who have put a lot of cash in for nothing back over this period