Betfred Cup

jaggy

On 8/11/2020 at 6:23 PM, Lambies Lost Doo said:

We all need to pay off this furlough debt!

On 8/11/2020 at 6:46 PM, scotty said:

Aye, add that to the cost of replacing trident and none of us'll be getting a pension.

Lets just go Independent - we can at least avoid the trident costs! 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 1:30 PM, East Kent Jag II said:

St Mirren

Morton

QOS

Queens Park

None of these clubs did us any favours.  C'mon the Jags  :wall:

I am not aware of any adverse comments from Queens Park but accept they didn't try to help us. 

I am especially keen to beat those teams with Chairmen or Chief Execs whose actions or comments  contributed to our demotion! So:

- St Mirren (a bigger club than PTFC & a top 6 (!!!) SPL Club) 

- QOS (there will be winners and losers, Hewitson Chairman) 

- Morton (to show we are a championship team) 

Queens Park (for not being a wholehearted supporter of a fellow Glasgow Club) 

Would be good to move on and to start building good relationships........ by beating these clubs!

17 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Ah! A difficult question.  St. Mirren should skate this group. Home to Queens Park is a toughie with their investment in decent players. Away in Dumfries wont be easy. Home to Morton might be our best chance of a win. 

QOS only have 3 players so if we keep our shape and discipline i fancy us for 1-0.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, elevenone said:

QOS only have 3 players so if we keep our shape and discipline i fancy us for 1-0.

They have just signed three players.  Gregor Buchanan, formerly of Falkirk; Joe McKee from Dumbarton and they have resigned  Dan Pybus.

Lets hope they don't have any pre or early season injuries!!

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

As St. Mirren is one of the few away games i go to these days, i am really disappointed that there will probably no fans allowed, as i wanted to boycott them.:thumbsup2:

Ah but just think, you wont feel so guilty about not being there to support the team.

Edited by Peaty FC
Spelling

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I have doubts about any of these games (or any football at our level) being played. How do the part time teams meet the bio-bubble requirements when players are postmen and plumbers during the day, and that is before the second wave which is hitting everywhere else.

That would also apply to the part-time Championship teams (Alloa, Arbroath), I reckon.

ETA: Slightly off-topic, but 24 members of a university rugby club here in Japan have tested positive for Covid-19. Looks like their bio-bubble approach to scrum practice needs a re-think.

Edited by Jaggernaut