Return to Stadiums in September

Anniesland Jag

4 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Celtic hope to have some fans in for next weeks home game against Motherwell.

As a test event presumably. Doesn’t every ground have to have a test event ? 
What works at Celtic Park for getting in and out and socially distancing won’t be the same as at Firhill or any other ground for that matter.

If the test fails at Celtic park doesn’t mean it would fail elsewhere.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

As a test event presumably. Doesn’t every ground have to have a test event ? 
What works at Celtic Park for getting in and out and socially distancing won’t be the same as at Firhill or any other ground for that matter.

If the test fails at Celtic park doesn’t mean it would fail elsewhere.

As a test event , with a limited crowd. Also looking to do the same in Edinburgh v Glasgow rugby match. 1,000 in attendance, Murrayfield holds 67,000.

Celtic could end up benefiting from having two matches postponed due to fielding an illegible player following Bolingoli's breach of quarantine regulations. Due to their European commitments, it is unlikely that the games could be played before crowds are back, which would be to their advantage.

12 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Morally that would be obscene. 

3 hours ago, Sivad said:

Celtic could end up benefiting from having two matches postponed due to fielding an illegible player following Bolingoli's breach of quarantine regulations. Due to their European commitments, it is unlikely that the games could be played before crowds are back, which would be to their advantage.

Agree with both these comments.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

As a test event , with a limited crowd. Also looking to do the same in Edinburgh v Glasgow rugby match. 1,000 in attendance, Murrayfield holds 67,000.

Not really sure what that proves , by the same calculation we would be allowed roughly 150 supporters 

8 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Not really sure what that proves , by the same calculation we would be allowed roughly 150 supporters 

My take on it is they will start with very small attendance and see how it goes, if everything goes well then increase for next event/time. The snooker final last weekend had about 300 at each session and the Crucible holds 900, also that is indoors. The senior snooker has also been at the Crucible over the last few days with no attendance.

32 minutes ago, Deboy said:

Don't expect to have any decent sized crowds back soon. Sturgeon and the SG have limited the British Touring Car meeting at Knockhill next weekend to 200.

This for a 200 acre site !

The area of a motor racing site is scarcely relevant. Most of this will not be public viewing areas.

The govt. is taking the initial step towards opening up sport to spectators. We all have a lot to learn about living in this current environment. Allowing a few members of the public to attend will let the organisers test their procedures while limiting risk. A lot will be learned and procedures honed. I'm sure these events will prove to be very valuable experiments.

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

The area of a motor racing site is scarcely relevant. Most of this will not be public viewing areas.

The govt. is taking the initial step towards opening up sport to spectators. We all have a lot to learn about living in this current environment. Allowing a few members of the public to attend will let the organisers test their procedures while limiting risk. A lot will be learned and procedures honed. I'm sure these events will prove to be very valuable experiments.

Again I am unsure. Those test venues will learn things, but how will that be helpful for PTFC. Our access routes are different, our stadium is laid out differently. I think every ground needs to have tests and I don’t know why big grounds should get 1st shot.

It makes perfect sense to start with larger venues, where the prospects of social distancing for access routes is likely to be orders of magnitude easier than for smaller ones.

I am cautiously optimistic that, for stadiums like Firhill, Scotland will have crowds in excess of 500, and possibly in excess of 1000, before the end of October.

43 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Again I am unsure. Those test venues will learn things, but how will that be helpful for PTFC. Our access routes are different, our stadium is laid out differently. I think every ground needs to have tests and I don’t know why big grounds should get 1st shot.

I'm pretty sure that procedures that work and those that don't will be fed back and incorporated into risk assessments countrywide. Every ground will need to have its own tests. Having a small crowd in will cost the club as, obviously, season ticket holders will be the first allowed in so no new income stream. Therefore it's no bad thing that early tests and the lessons learned from them are carried out at someone else's expense.

• Like 1

Jonathan Sutherland on sportscene tonight 'Celtic have not played domestically for 13 days because of everything that has happened'. I thought it was because a Celtic player had went to Spain and then played in a game a few days later, when he should have self isolated instead.:thinking: