Return to Stadiums in September

Anniesland Jag

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

But hospital admissions, ICU and deaths aren’t.

People are being tested on a huge scale, with many of them having tests and going positive without having any symptoms or even developing after testing positive 

You said cases were not rising they are .....but last night I I said that exact same thing thing ....

12 hours ago, javeajag said:

It’s important not to get too fixated by cases .... more testing and easier testing capacity mean there will be more positive cases .... if hospital admissions and ICU patients steeply rise then we need to be concerned and that’s where looking at France and Spain comes in 

Dr John Campbell explains why fatalities may not be rising with the increase in cases in his latest video and the fatality rate is around 0.4%

11 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Interesting and Norway did even better than both with a gdp decline of 5.3%......the U.K. of course was beaten by Peru into second last place at minus 21%.....

50163873-A768-4663-878B-976B48946AD4.png

The GDP decline will be greater long term especially after Furlough and Permaterring schemes end and the mass unemployment starts once government funding stops.

We have had oil projects that needed completing so work continued to an extent , but everything in the funnel for 21 has either been scrapped or pushed into 22 or 23.  The company I work for which is Fortune 500 listed has seen orders (and turnover) drop 30% this year, next year we expect to drop a further 5% if opening up continues, but is we go backwards that drop will be greater.

Oil and Gas industry along with Aviation is crippled,  and will take a decade to return.  All across Europe the economic issues haven’t even started, experienced folk will lose jobs and kids will struggle to get a start. I know of many companies whose personnel now only work (and are paid) for 3 of 4 weeks, this will only get worse

15 hours ago, dpj said:

It's an interesting read but...

When my ex-wife, a nurse of 20 years and forced to step back into ICU to cope with the demand, talks of a level of suffering and death way beyond what she's ever seen, and is visibly strained and nervous about going to work, I tend to think it's something more than flu.

His figures seem to suggest that Iceland has already had almost twice as many deaths within its population than his predicted infection mortality rate. (160% of the population of Iceland would have to have been infected)

His closing arguments have a strong flavour of conspiracy theory, and sound a bit far fetched to me 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allyo said:

It's an interesting read but...

When my ex-wife, a nurse of 20 years and forced to step back into ICU to cope with the demand, talks of a level of suffering and death way beyond what she's ever seen, and is visibly strained and nervous about going to work, I tend to think it's something more than flu.

His figures seem to suggest that Iceland has already had almost twice as many deaths within its population than his predicted infection mortality rate. (160% of the population of Iceland would have to have been infected)

His closing arguments have a strong flavour of conspiracy theory, and sound a bit far fetched to me 

He explains why deaths are not rising as fast as cases in this video 

22 minutes ago, javeajag said:

You said cases were not rising they are .....but last night I I said that exact same thing thing ....

Dr John Campbell explains why fatalities may not be rising with the increase in cases in his latest video and the fatality rate is around 0.4%

At the height of the epidemic Norway was doing 3000 tests a day, it’s now doing 15000, the net is 5 times bigger to catch so of course it’s rising, but most of those tested have no symptoms and those testing positive very few develop them

Just now, Norgethistle said:

At the height of the epidemic Norway was doing 3000 tests a day, it’s now doing 15000, the net is 5 times bigger to catch so of course it’s rising, but most of those tested have no symptoms and those testing positive very few develop them

And Scotland is regularly testing over 30000 a day ....every child with a running nose is getting tested .....and we agree you find more cases but as if now few go into hospital and few are dying ....it may well be that most people who are going to die from Covid have already done so

24 minutes ago, javeajag said:

And Scotland is regularly testing over 30000 a day ....every child with a running nose is getting tested .....and we agree you find more cases but as if now few go into hospital and few are dying ....it may well be that most people who are going to die from Covid have already done so

Which is why I asked if the current measures are truly reflective of the current situation 

10 hours ago, javeajag said:

Interesting and Norway did even better than both with a gdp decline of 5.3%......the U.K. of course was beaten by Peru into second last place at minus 21%.....

50163873-A768-4663-878B-976B48946AD4.png

How come 7 months is not sufficient enough period to assess some statistics (per your good self) but it is sufficient period to assess economic statistics?  (the economic argument in this tweet is also flawed btw in my opinion)

I think that we will only be able to assess the outcomes (economic and social) at the end of all of this. 

Although, I do completely agree that the evidence to date on the wreckage of the UK economy is compelling, I probably disagree with you as to the root causes of that.

1 hour ago, jaf said:

How come 7 months is not sufficient enough period to assess some statistics (per your good self) but it is sufficient period to assess economic statistics?  (the economic argument in this tweet is also flawed btw in my opinion)

I think that we will only be able to assess the outcomes (economic and social) at the end of all of this. 

Although, I do completely agree that the evidence to date on the wreckage of the UK economy is compelling, I probably disagree with you as to the root causes of that.

Wel, I guess gdp is regularly measured quarterly with accepted definitions etc and a pandemic is trickier to gauge ?

the U.K. is managing a pretty unique outcome of advanced economies with a dreadful virus outcome combined with the worst economic performance so far .....why?  The structure and nature of the U.K. economy post Thatcher 

On 8/30/2020 at 8:59 AM, javeajag said:
On 8/30/2020 at 6:41 AM, sandy said:

The Covid strategy of NZ and Scotland are essentially the same the key difference being it’s easier for NZ to isolate itself than Scotland and we are connected to a useless govt in Westminster

That’s simply not true

On 9/3/2020 at 8:57 PM, Auld Jag said:

Due to the current lockdown measures in Glasgow, no test games will be allowed in Glasgow until these measures are eased again. Meanwhile in England Cambridge's home games against Fulham U 21's in the EFL trophy and league 2 game against Carlisle will have crowds. The EFL trophy game will have a crowd of 1000 and the league 2 game will have an attendance of 2500. I look forward to @elevenone confirming the crowds once the games are played.:thumbsup2:

862 for the Fulham game and it will be zero for the League 2 game.  :hypocrite: