Return to Stadiums in September

Anniesland Jag

6 hours ago, javeajag said:

No they’ve not, they stated it’s not gone but plan no new restrictions 

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/nAgK0m/lofven-om-coronaokningen-ga-inte-pa-tranga-hemmafester

33 minutes ago, javeajag said:

At the moment I think is the phrase .... over 1500 cases in the last week and five deaths 

You can have as many lockdowns or restrictions as you want but the virus may never go away , if people could see a light at the end of the tunnel that would be different.

There may never be a vaccine as SARS and AIDS proved , do we just shut down society indefinitely?

Could be it’s a virus that we’ll have to live with and the treatment that we get if we do catch it is becoming more effective.

Not a chance that these restrictions are going to be remotely successful , see Glasgow University as an example.

14 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

You can have as many lockdowns or restrictions as you want but the virus may never go away , if people could see a light at the end of the tunnel that would be different.

There may never be a vaccine as SARS and AIDS proved , do we just shut down society indefinitely?

Could be it’s a virus that we’ll have to live with and the treatment that we get if we do catch it is becoming more effective.

Not a chance that these restrictions are going to be remotely successful , see Glasgow University as an example.

I think we have to plan for there being a vaccine, at least for the medium term. If there is still no end in sight after 6 or 9 months then there may be a policy change, but no government is going to want scenes of hospitals overflowing or to tell the voters that there will be mass death and nothing they can do about it. 
For now, lockdown restrictions of various degrees is going to be the normal

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Ok there will be a vaccine which is why the six months is mentioned 

I think it would be helpful if you outlined what you would actually do as living with the virus actually means people dying with the virus 

On 9/23/2020 at 3:32 PM, Norgethistle said:

Apparently a lot, especially if you compare football as a bench mark, but government doesn’t show us that nor do they show their data, except a graph based on “if it doubles” what if it halves or trebles or levels?

BoJo stated 6 months, Holyrood won’t do anything less, and as for reviewing every 3 weeks this is never debated publicly in any parliament its a decision taken behind closed doors with a small sample of advisers and communicated to parliament and public.

25000 out of 5 million have tested positive (not all been sick) in 6 months, that’s it

How many false positives in football ? A dozen out of how many tests, maybe ? Remember that premiership clubs are being tested twice a week. That’s hardly lots.

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok there will be a vaccine which is why the six months is mentioned 

I think it would be helpful if you outlined what you would actually do as living with the virus actually means people dying with the virus 

Do you live with the flu every year whatever strain it is year on year  average age in Scotland who have passed away is 82 years of age , sad though that is , people in their later years are more succeptible to all sorts of illnesses.

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

I’ve a bad feeling the majority of our league and below teams may ask to mothball the season  if they can’t see fans being allowed back soon

I have to agree. I think the reason the  reduced league games and starting in October was because most teams expected fans in grounds by November at the latest. Now a complete season behind closed doors seems more likely. Imo the SPFL will do everything possible to keep the premier league going, the leagues below that they have no great interest in. Also no Championship this season would suit a number of premier league teams, as that would take away the threat of relegation.

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Not having social restrictions would make this more likely, not less

Not sure your reasoning here, cancer (and other) screenings were postponed during the initial lockdown, not only UK but else where. A key factor to over coming cancer is early detection, if screening stops that can’t happen.  

36 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Do you live with the flu every year whatever strain it is year on year  average age in Scotland who have passed away is 82 years of age , sad though that is , people in their later years are more succeptible to all sorts of illnesses.

Ok COVID is not  the flu unless your trump......so you would do nothing and accept some people will die which literally no country is doing 

43 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

To put it into perspective, there are 9.6 million cancer casualties in the world every year, this will obviously escalate due to Oncology departments closing down and patients not getting treatment.

On the other hand Australia normally has c650 winter flu deaths , this year so far it has none so the lockdown retractions have saved 650 lives 

20 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

First country in Europe to bring mandatory tracing via mobiles

D1B53956-07AC-489D-A79C-11191BD1C2C7.png

I’ll correct this for you......students living in university accommodation may be required by Universities Scotland to download the anonymous test and protect app ( not quite the same thing and If you thought about it for a second .....) 

Edited by javeajag

18 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’ll correct this for you......students living in university accommodation may be required by Universities Scotland to download the anonymous test and protect app ( not quite the same thing and If you thought about it for a second .....) 

He states “will be”. It’s not anonymous, it has phone number and IP address.

I have no issues with downloading it (I already have for being in Scotland from 5th, plus had Norwegian one till they scrapped it over privacy) but forcing this on is a dangerous precedent 

Just now, Norgethistle said:

He states “will be”. It’s not anonymous, it has phone number and IP address.

I have no issues with downloading it (I already have for being in Scotland from 5th, plus had Norwegian one till they scrapped it over privacy) but forcing this on is a dangerous precedent 

It won’t 

49 minutes ago, javeajag said:

On the other hand Australia normally has c650 winter flu deaths , this year so far it has none so the lockdown retractions have saved 650 lives 

At what cost ,Mental Health casualties, other health conditions which haven’t been treated , poverty etc , seems a big price to pay .

53 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok COVID is not  the flu unless your trump......so you would do nothing and accept some people will die which literally no country is doing 

No I wouldn’t, but we are becoming a nanny state, I believe society will have to be re opened before the economic disaster gets any worse.

If any person feels comfortable to go about their daily lives then that should be absolutely fine , if they’re concerned about their health or have underlying health conditions and feel uncomfortable going about their business that should also be fine .

It should be the individual’s choice in how they deal with the situation.