Return to Stadiums in September

Anniesland Jag

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

What’s your acceptable level of people dying through the impacts of restrictions?

Late screening for cancer causing deaths

People not catching issues early as they don’t go to doctors 

Suicide and alcoholism deaths due to issues caused by jobs loss, families breaking up, kids having no future

Older generation giving up due to no contact with family or being left alone in care homes as visits can’t happen

Ok you refuse to answer the question but accept some people will die but that’s acceptable except your own relatives ?

2 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

You previously stated that the Oxford vaccine would be ready in October.

If you check I said it was reported by Oxford they “ could” ......I also then said “maybe” end of the year .....and I could now say one company says it will have one ready by then.....the science moves and gets updated

the current consensus is that a vaccine(s) will be available early next year if that’s any help 

36 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok I guess you work in hospitality .....( btw that 5% figure is misleading )

It’s not complicated science tells you that viruses travel easier in indoor confined spaces eg pubs and house parties and research has shown bars are the number spreader 

Do you really think all the kids will be in their bed by 10.30 , my bet is they will go to the local supermarket, but their carry out and carry on the party , surely it’s better to do that in a controlled environment.

24 minutes ago, javeajag said:

DIRECTO | La Comunidad de Madrid estudia extender el cierre de bares y restaurantes a las 22:00 a toda la región. A partir de las 12.00, el Gobierno de Ayuso anunciará las nuevas medidas para contener la pandemia 

madrid expected to announce today bars will shut at ......yes 10pm 

That’s an unfair comparison, roughly 11.500 new cases in Madrid every day , where there is 450 new cases in the whole of Scotland 

15 minutes ago, javeajag said:

If you check I said it was reported by Oxford they “ could” ......I also then said “maybe” end of the year .....and I could now say one company says it will have one ready by then.....the science moves and gets updated

the current consensus is that a vaccine(s) will be available early next year if that’s any help 

So, now  you're backtracking on your previous statement that there will be a virus early next year. Thanks for clarifying.

17 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Do you really think all the kids will be in their bed by 10.30 , my bet is they will go to the local supermarket, but their carry out and carry on the party , surely it’s better to do that in a controlled environment.

I understand your point .....but let’s turn this round if everyone had stayed within the guidelines then there would have been no restrictions and we would be sitting at firhill next month 

11 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

That’s an unfair comparison, roughly 11.500 new cases in Madrid every day , where there is 450 new cases in the whole of Scotland 

Not really......they didn’t start at 11500 cases a day they increased to that level just as cases, hospitalisations and earths are increasing here

36% of icu beds in madrid now occupied by COVID patients 

10 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

So, now  you're backtracking on your previous statement that there will be a virus early next year. Thanks for clarifying.

What’s your point caller ? So I say the consensus is there will be a vaccine available early next year which you translate as me saying there won’t be a vaccine early next year ! Weird 

7 minutes ago, thebiglemon said:

This topic is about stadiums reopening, right?

Yip and the answer is they aren't. Next question is how do Thistle survive. The chancellors annoucement put petrol on a burning fire. Seems like some of the clubs are realising this

The problem is still the same. How do you operate any businesss when you have to pay the wages even at 66% and you're income is reduced by 43?

Stopping the leagues doesn't stop the players needing to be paid unless you make them redundant but that involves pay offs and now you're income is zero because you can't play games.

Unless insurance policies cover this sort of thing or there are clauses in players contracts catering for this its hard to see how clubs without large cash reserves or a wealthy benefactor are going to survive.

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I understand your point .....but let’s turn this round if everyone had stayed within the guidelines then there would have been no restrictions and we would be sitting at firhill next month 

Nonsense, the virus never went away , as soon as society opened up there was a good chance this was going to happen .

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

There will be a vaccine probably 3 or 4 early next year 

37 minutes ago, javeajag said:

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

What’s your point caller ? So I say the consensus is there will be a vaccine available early next year which you translate as me saying there won’t be a vaccine early next year ! Weird 

First you state categorically that there will be a virus. Then you state that there is a consensus that a vaccine will be available but that's open to change. Backtracking. Is that clear now?

5 minutes ago, laukat said:

Remember when we used to look at Italy and think how could their government let that happen, why were they so unprepared?

Looks like if Governements take the right action is is possible to influence the outcome.

https://www.ft.com/content/6831be3e-2711-4ea3-8f62-daa82cf9ca11

Indeed but let’s not forget people doing the right thing as well ......mask compliance high in Italy 

12 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

And your solution is ? with no vaccine on the horizon and there may never be is to carry on and close down society.

No. Let’s give them a chance to develop it. Also, there are treatments that seem to work. And it maybe they will be enough to get us back to some kind of normal. But we are just coming into the most dangerous part of the year. Now isn’t the time to say stuff this. 
If that doesn’t work - who knows ?

2 hours ago, thebiglemon said:

This topic is about stadiums reopening, right?

Wrong. This thread is where some of the world's leading medical experts and potential political leaders come to inform us where and how all the so-called medical experts and political leaders who have actually been trying to deal with Covid-19 and its economic, social, health and psychological consequences have been getting everything spectacularly wrong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Wrong. This thread is where some of the world's leading medical experts and potential political leaders come to inform us where and how all the so-called medical experts and political leaders who have actually been trying to deal with Covid-19 and its economic, social, health and psychological consequences have been getting everything spectacularly wrong.

Makes a change. Threads on here are usually where some of the world's leading football pundits and sports scientists come to inform us where and how all the so-called football management and corporate management who have actually been trying to deal with football related issues and its effectiveness, and economic and psychological consequences of, continuous defeats, have been getting everything spectacularly wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

If we have such an issue with COVID. Why has the Scottish Government awarded a contract to Aecom to decommission the Nightingale hospital at SECC starting 2nd October  ending 12 April 2021 at a cost of nearly £500000?

I guess you do this deliberately but I’m not sure why so....

1.  it’s not a Nightingale hospital 

2. it says completed  by April 2021

Edited by javeajag

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I guess you do this deliberately but I’m not sure why so....

1.  it’s not a Nightingale hospital 

2. it says completed  by April 2021

1. Yes it is, it was renamed by Scot Govt to be different. 
2. if we are approaching 2nd wave that they reckon could run for months why even consider starting this now.

8 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

After years there is no vaccine for SARS, it took decades to come up with one for flu, but that’s only one strain at a time, small pox took 100’s of years to eradicate using a virus. None of these caused mass lockdowns or impacts to our freedoms like we have seen for last 6 months.
This current situation cannot run for years or society as we know it is finished, family units broken, economy ruined, mass unemployment like nothing we’ve seen, hospitality sector gone, professional sporting events ended for good. If this goes for say another year the above will happen. You may be secure enough with funds/pension that it may not affect you to badly, but anyone under 55 with a mortgage reliant on their job is going to be devastated if this keeps going, not to mention the teenagers leaving schools into a decimated jobs market, and no government can continue to pay furlough for another year. Theses businesses won’t open again as demand has gone and consumer spend has dropped. This could also apply to Scottish football if leagues mothball for a season 

I don’t think anybody has said shutdown indefinitely, but now isn’t the time to do as we please. 
We have no idea how this and the flu are going to mix. We have some idea that some people have ongoing health issues after recovering from Covid.

Did you think anything should have been done at the start or is it just now that we should abandon restrictions?