Return to Stadiums in September

Anniesland Jag

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I honestly can’t see it going ahead

Got to agree with you , the SG haven’t got the financial clout to help Football Clubs , best solution is to probably mothball football clubs for a year or so , try and sort out a package for the players if they can .

Same as any business if there is no revenue coming in , at least doing it that way there might be a chance Clubs survive.

Trying to carry on will lead to Clubs going Bankrupt or going into Administration .

Could maybe use Maxie and Doncaster’s salaries to help them!!!

1 hour ago, dpj said:

Ok - I can’t read all of it, but the bit I did see was about targeting the policy towards “protecting” the most vulnerable eg those in Care homes. How does it say they can protect them any better than currently ?People in care homes have been virtual prisoners for the last 6 months. 
They might get great care where they are but their freedom to choose anything has been taken away from them. 
If the rest of the article is in the same vain that’s not an acceptable different direction, in my opinion.

48 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Closest cafe to my parents is 2 miles away in Asda, you honestly saying a family meeting in Asda is safer than meeting in their own home

Now you are tying yourself up. Pubs should be kept open as they are better regulated than homes - but Asda cafes aren’t ? Your on shaky ground here.

42 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Wonder how many fans we will lose through no attendance for a year, how many people will find other things to do on a saturday....Then again could say that for all clubs. Think a lot will be lost to the game sadly.

I think there will be a lot of fans lost. The farce that ended last season and we are 3 weeks away from the new league season supposedly starting or it might not, doesn't help.

42 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I think there will be a lot of fans lost. The farce that ended last season and we are 3 weeks away from the new league season supposedly starting or it might not, doesn't help.

The longer term impact to the club could be devastating. The longer fans are away the less likely they are to return, kids aren’t being introduced and older fans may not return till they believe it’s safe. Even with the “trials” done at county and Aberdeen doesn’t really make it an enjoyable experience, sit on your own, with a mask, no singing, no standing up, no banter with your mates 

13 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I never said pubs should be kept open, I stated closing at 10 or 12 makes no difference. 

This.

It's running rampant in the community again - school kids are off in droves (about 10% off in our secondary this week & a mate teaching in a primary on the southside has 3 whole year groups off isolating) & just have a gander at the Murano student village up the road just a stone's throw from Firhill with nearly 200 positive cases.

Doesn't suit the SG or Tory narrative to close down schools/unis though - keep the bug factories open at all costs & lay the blame elsewhere with people spreading it at home and shutting pubs down at 10pm is just laughable  - it's a total crock of PR sh*t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

This.

It's running rampant in the community again - school kids are off in droves (about 10% off in our secondary this week & a mate teaching in a primary on the southside has 3 whole year groups off isolating) & just have a gander at the Murano student village up the road just a stone's throw from Firhill with nearly 200 positive cases.

Doesn't suit the SG or Tory narrative to close down schools/unis though - keep the bug factories open at all costs & lay the blame elsewhere with people spreading it at home and shutting pubs down at 10pm is just laughable  - it's a total crock of PR sh*t.

Total drivel 

So let’s move to what you would do .....

Edited by javeajag

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

Is a test a guarantee that you don’t have it by the time you get to your parents ?

As I am in quarantine from test 1 to 2 prior to travel, have to wear a mask when traveling, need to drive alone, under Norwegian rules it is.

We have 2 levels of distancing quarantine and self isolation, on return and prior to travel Quarantine when you are waiting for 2nd test where you can go for a walk, stay in your family unit (they do not need to quarantine or self isolate), can only enter a grocery or pharmacy with a mask (no other shops, bars or restaurants), and work from home. The other is self isolation which is on positive test (awaiting a second proof test for false positive, or after second proof test where still positive), where you isolate in your house and garden from rest of society and are not allowed out except to get your weekly test, family unit then goes quarantine unless testing positive.

Normal Norwegian protocol on return is test at airport then quarantine for 10 days, if no symptoms return to work on day 11, if you’ve been traveling for work then you do as I am, with 2nd test on day 5 and back to work on day 6.

Getting a test here takes 1 hour from calling, with results back within 12 usually, unlike UK they put the swab up your nose and on your throat, where in UK they hand you the swab to do it yourself.

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

As I am in quarantine from test 1 to 2 prior to travel, have to wear a mask when traveling, need to drive alone, under Norwegian rules it is.

We have 2 levels of distancing quarantine and self isolation, on return and prior to travel Quarantine when you are waiting for 2nd test where you can go for a walk, stay in your family unit (they do not need to quarantine or self isolate), can only enter a grocery or pharmacy with a mask (no other shops, bars or restaurants), and work from home. The other is self isolation which is on positive test (awaiting a second proof test for false positive, or after second proof test where still positive), where you isolate in your house and garden from rest of society and are not allowed out except to get your weekly test, family unit then goes quarantine unless testing positive.

Normal Norwegian protocol on return is test at airport then quarantine for 10 days, if no symptoms return to work on day 11, if you’ve been traveling for work then you do as I am, with 2nd test on day 5 and back to work on day 6.

Getting a test here takes 1 hour from calling, with results back within 12 usually, unlike UK they put the swab up your nose and on your throat, where in UK they hand you the swab to do it yourself.

Doesn't look like that from every clip of folk getting tested that I've seen, including Thistle players getting tested at Firhill.

But don't let facts get in your way. I probably speak for others when I say "we understand."

24 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Doesn't look like that from every clip of folk getting tested that I've seen, including Thistle players getting tested at Firhill.

But don't let facts get in your way. I probably speak for others when I say "we understand."

Well they do at the Dunbarton test centre, my mum had to go and get one 2 weeks ago due to having a cold. That’s after they advised her to drive to Dundee for a test which she stated was outside her comfortable driving range.

NHS Scotland website states you perform your own test (or your kids if under 11) unless you feel uncomfortable doing it in which case you can ask for someone to help

They pass the bag through the cracked window with the kit inside, you open the bag test yourself (they do explain pretty well) you put the swabs in the tube, back in back and seal, they scan QR code on back through window then take the bag. She got negative result through a text just over a day later which was pretty good

Thistle are being tested by their own medical staff, which is a requirement under SPFL protocols 

Edited by Norgethistle

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Well they do at the Dunbarton test centre, my mum had to go and get one 2 weeks ago due to having a cold. That’s after they advised her to drive to Dundee for a test which she stated was outside her comfortable driving range.

NHS Scotland website states you perform your own test (or your kids if under 11) unless you feel uncomfortable doing it in which case you can ask for someone to help

They pass the bag through the cracked window with the kit inside, you open the bag test yourself (they do explain pretty well) you put the swabs in the tube, back in back and seal, they scan QR code on back through window then take the bag. She got negative result through a text just over a day later which was pretty good

Thistle are being tested by their own medical staff, which is a requirement under SPFL protocols 

I was told that the test was carried out by NHS staff unless patient is 11 or under. My 11 year old was tested twice. His mother had to perform both operations. First at Glasgow Airport and subsequently at Prestwick Airport. Neither had cracked windows so I don't think that's an essential part of the process. The first test was unclear. Results, in both cases, arrived within 12 hours.

I would imagine that tests performed by untrained parents are quite likely to fail. Probably a lot of testing, processing and admin time is being wasted along with the precious test equipment. He was at the dentist two days after and I wasn't expected to prod about with the torture implements.

It looks like Championship and League 1 clubs want to proceed with league games.  SPFL want to fine teams that subsequently pull out of their commitments.  League 2 and below want to mothball. 7 days to decide.

I had the concern that League clubs would not want to go ahead, but they now have another 6 days to change their minds.  

(Dailly Mail linked article from  Today's Gossip column in BBC Scottish football  section.)