Return to Stadiums in September

Anniesland Jag

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

I hope you’ve noticed that the number of people in hospital with Covid has doubled to 100 in a week 

If indeed that figure is accurate. Up till a couple of weeks ago, they were overcounting and misrepresenting the numbers of hospitalisations. Still doesn’t mean that they patients were admitted due to Covid - just means that they recently had a positive test. Could be in after a car crash or due to another medical condition.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

In the whole of Britain , there is only 200 people in ICU with Coronavirus, we obviously don’t want that to get any higher but there has got to be a realism there for Society, Economic and other Health Conditions to try and get out of this .

Give it a fortnight and that number will not be 200.

24 minutes ago, Big Col said:

If indeed that figure is accurate. Up till a couple of weeks ago, they were overcounting and misrepresenting the numbers of hospitalisations. Still doesn’t mean that they patients were admitted due to Covid - just means that they recently had a positive test. Could be in after a car crash or due to another medical condition.

All I can tell you is that reported figure of people in hospital with COVID is reported today as 99.... as I understand it the figures have now been purged and standardized across the UK 

but maybe there is no virus , maybe no one has it , maybe it’s a giant conspiracy 

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

In the whole of Britain , there is only 200 people in ICU with Coronavirus, we obviously don’t want that to get any higher but there has got to be a realism there for Society, Economic and other Health Conditions to try and get out of this .

At one point in the spring there were only 200 in ICU. What was it last week ? What are the options for getting out of this - a vaccine or herd immunity or pretend it isn’t real.

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

That’s right. The Scottish govt cut their figure from about 260 to 40 odd a week or so ago. It is people who have had a positive test within 28 days, so cutting out people who have had it in the past and presumably recovered. 

3 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

It’s not about you.

The rules have to be of sufficiently general application to the population at large.

You personally may be a low risk in your parents’ house; millions of people in other people’s houses is less safe.

By contrast, public places and business premises are at least subject to significant legal duties to take safeguarding and preventative measures to mitigate the risk of the virus spreading (including limits on capacity). It’s a risk, but it’s one that’s easier for public authorities to enforce mitigation of.

I’m coming from a low risk country after 2 tests. That risk is less than taking them into a pub or restaurant 

2 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Give it a fortnight and that number will not be 200.

Totally get that , but we could carry on like this for years , and it’s going to impact my children and my grand children for decades to come .

Any vaccine will be unproven as no one will know the impact on our body in say 5 years time .

Surely we’re going to have to have something to come back to , lives are getting decimated outwith Covid   

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

All I can tell you is that reported figure of people in hospital with COVID is reported today as 99.... as I understand it the figures have now been purged and standardized across the UK 

but maybe there is no virus , maybe no one has it , maybe it’s a giant conspiracy 

Well we all know (most of us) that’s just nonsense.

My point is how can we trust the numbers now we that know they incorrectly stated the hospital numbers? Irrelevant that they purged them as you said - why misreport them in the first instance?

And take the daily percentage they quote - 11.5% today. That’s based on the number of tests on people who haven’t had one before and not the total number of daily tests. Use those test numbers and the percentage drops massively to 4%. So exaggeration and overstating seems to be a habit.

40 minutes ago, Big Col said:

My point is how can we trust the numbers now we that know they incorrectly stated the hospital numbers? Irrelevant that they purged them as you said - why misreport them in the first instance?

And take the daily percentage they quote - 11.5% today. That’s based on the number of tests on people who haven’t had one before and not the total number of daily tests. Use those test numbers and the percentage drops massively to 4%. So exaggeration and overstating seems to be a habit.

How can we trust yours ? 

What makes you think the previous numbers were misreported. They included everyone in hospital that had tested positive - irrespective of when. 

20 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m tested twice so technically clear under Norwegian law. It works here we’re open, no furlough, no masks, no restrictions, no issues. 
Look to your Westminster paymaster for faults

As much as you want to blame the govt here. It’s down to people. 
No issues ? Didn’t you make a post about the number of people allowed on buses. 
Presumably in Norway social distancing is required and you adhere to it ?

43 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m tested twice so technically clear under Norwegian law. It works here we’re open, no furlough, no masks, no restrictions, no issues. 
Look to your Westminster paymaster for faults

What part of “it’s not about you” didn’t you grasp?

This is a pan-*******-demic and the people living on this island, in aggregate, are basically morons who can’t follow basic instructions.

When you couple that with a monumentally shit government (the one that actually has the power to borrow), a piss poor test and trace system and crap financial support for those who have to self-isolate, it’s no wonder we have to have draconian measures to contain the virus.

37 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

As much as you want to blame the govt here. It’s down to people. 
No issues ? Didn’t you make a post about the number of people allowed on buses. 
Presumably in Norway social distancing is required and you adhere to it ?

I did and the kick up here is restrictions to football stadiums at a maximum of 200

16 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

What part of “it’s not about you” didn’t you grasp?

This is a pan-*******-demic and the people living on this island, in aggregate, are basically morons who can’t follow basic instructions.

When you couple that with a monumentally shit government (the one that actually has the power to borrow), a piss poor test and trace system and crap financial support for those who have to self-isolate, it’s no wonder we have to have draconian measures to contain the virus.

Actually under WHO guidelines it’s not based on folk in hospital not positive tests 

49 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

How can we trust yours ? 

What makes you think the previous numbers were misreported. They included everyone in hospital that had tested positive - irrespective of when. 

It was giving the impression that over 200 people were ill in hospital with Covid. But they weren’t. . There was only 40 odd. Making it out worse than it was. No wonder some people are scared by what they’re being told. 

22 hours ago, javeajag said:

Total drivel 

So let’s move to what you would do .....

Ok I'll bite JJ - which particular parts are drivel & what would you do?

If schools and universities are to remain open at all costs then society at large should be back fully open too - respective (& I use the following term loosely) governments are pissing in the wind shutting boozers at ten p.m. thinking that it will make one iota of a difference.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, uncle albert said:

Still here Jaggernaut,

Many things have happened since my last post. I have had bigger fish to fry.

I moved down to Manchester to study for my PhD, got married and am now mortgaged up with my lovely wife and two nutty cockapoos (Poppy and Hamish) for company. Working for United Utilities , the water company down here (think The North West of England version of Scottish Water.)

I have to say that the way you guys, Stranraer and Hearts were treated last season was terrible, from our (Clyde) point of view it gives us our derby match back, and a bigger than usual crowd.

In all honesty and I am sure you guys are the same , I am just happy that we can get a team out and that we are are still in business with Cornona Virus doing its best to disrupt every day life, I am looking forward to locking horns with you guys again renewing and the banter and rivalry that we have. Vive le difference!!

Good to have you back!!

9 hours ago, Big Col said:

It was giving the impression that over 200 people were ill in hospital with Covid. But they weren’t. . There was only 40 odd. Making it out worse than it was. No wonder some people are scared by what they’re being told. 

Everybody had tested positive in hospital for covid under the old reporting.It was changed to reflect only people who had tested positive within 28 days.  Even of the other 200 + who you said aren’t “ill with Covid”, can you say with certainty that it has weakened them in trying to treat them for other conditions ?

9 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

Ok I'll bite JJ - which particular parts are drivel & what would you do?

If schools and universities are to remain open at all costs then society at large should be back fully open too - respective (& I use the following term loosely) governments are pissing in the wind shutting boozers at ten p.m. thinking that it will make one iota of a difference.

How on earth do you know that. 

12 hours ago, Big Col said:

What exactly is your point ? 

I guess you would have managed the first global pandemic perfectly