Return to Stadiums in September

Anniesland Jag

10 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

Ok I'll bite JJ - which particular parts are drivel & what would you do?

If schools and universities are to remain open at all costs then society at large should be back fully open too - respective (& I use the following term loosely) governments are pissing in the wind shutting boozers at ten p.m. thinking that it will make one iota of a difference.

Why anyone wants to stop the spread of the virus is a mystery 

Look chaps I get the why are they doing this , why don’t they do that comments but it’s hard not to be cautious when you are dealing with a new virus that has killed thousands of your  fellow citizens and put more into hospital ( and indeed giving a lot of those who get the virus a very unpleasant time and we still don’t know the long term health effects )

what’s happening here is happening in most places the only way to restrict a virus that jumps from person to person is to restrict human interaction .....or you don’t and accept maybe 20,000 to 30000 people will die here based on a fatality rate if 0.4-0.5% if it infects the whole population 

we also have a context of a large number of people here with poor health, bad nutrition and a worrying relationship with alcohol which doesn’t help 

add in the following 

1. Studies now showing COVID plus the winter flu is twice as deadly and keeps people in hospital twice as long 

2. studies showing the virus is mutating to be more infectious 

3. studies showing shielding vulnerable groups is extremely difficult maybe even impossible 

4. a virus we still don’t know everything about 

5. a govt in Westminster that is sadly basically incompetent 

so what do you do ? Keep everything open and hope for the best of try and restrict transmission ?....these are easy choices to make when you are not responsible for the outcomes of anything you propose ..... your damned if you do and damned if you don’t 

Maybe its me reading too much into things but does the following quote from the UK secretary of state this morning not read like a hostage situation? i.e. 'if you want to see your kids again do as we say'

Oliver Dowden said: "I want students to be able to go home for Christmas and if we all pull together and observe these new rules, we follow the guidance, then we should be able to get to a point where that should be possible."

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Look chaps I get the why are they doing this , why don’t they do that comments but it’s hard not to be cautious when you are dealing with a new virus that has killed thousands of your  fellow citizens and put more into hospital ( and indeed giving a lot of those who get the virus a very unpleasant time and we still don’t know the long term health effects )

what’s happening here is happening in most places the only way to restrict a virus that jumps from person to person is to restrict human interaction .....or you don’t and accept maybe 20,000 to 30000 people will die here based on a fatality rate if 0.4-0.5% if it infects the whole population 

we also have a context of a large number of people here with poor health, bad nutrition and a worrying relationship with alcohol which doesn’t help 

add in the following 

1. Studies now showing COVID plus the winter flu is twice as deadly and keeps people in hospital twice as long 

3. studies showing shielding vulnerable groups is extremely difficult maybe even impossible 

5. a govt in Westminster that is sadly basically incompetent 

so what do you do ? Keep everything open and hope for the best of try and restrict transmission ?....these are easy choices to make when you are not responsible for the outcomes of anything you propose ..... your damned if you do and damned if you don’t 

or you are damned by a one line keyboard warrior bullshitteer 

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

add in the following 

5. a govt in Westminster/Edinburgh that is sadly basically incompetent 

changed it for you :thumbsup2:

34 minutes ago, javeajag said:

an example of the UK govt craziness.....

The English  “NHS” Covid app only wants to know about COVID tests from Serco/private testing

If you had a test in an NHS or PHE lab, you literally cannot enter the result on the app.

how mad is that 

I think I saw this morning that these problems have been fixed. I didn’t read the whole article so may be wrong - something about getting a code to input to the app

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

Actually you didn’t as you have nothing to say , add or contribute ... an empty vessel 

Wow!

To be dismissed by a vacuous moron is a true achievement thanks! 

You still haven't bothered explaining why you thought a post was "drivel" despite being specifically asked to do so before posting your unoriginal Sunday Post-esque hey "chaps" analogy of how you see it

58 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Wow!

To be dismissed by a vacuous moron is a true achievement thanks! 

You still haven't bothered explaining why you thought a post was "drivel" despite being specifically asked to do so before posting your unoriginal Sunday Post-esque hey "chaps" analogy of how you see it

What a joker ....go to the pub 

8 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I am sure i read that Rudden was injured. I don't think he has been fully fit since he came to us. I think he got injured while on loan at Plymouth.

There shouldn't really be any excuse for him not to be fully fit. I understand you can pick up niggly injuries from time to time but hes yet to kick a ball in anger for us in approaching 10 month. I think McCall said in an interview (after BSC game) that he was looking good prior to this latest set back so fingers crossed he can finally start looking like the player we all have high hopes for.

I see the Highland League have delayed their season start till Nov 28th at earliest.

My totally unqualified opinion is that the average Highland League ground will be better suited to social distancing (thus allowing in paying customers) than the likes of Firhill and all the other stadia that are all seated. 

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I see the Highland League have delayed their season start till Nov 28th at earliest.

My totally unqualified opinion is that the average Highland League ground will be better suited to social distancing (thus allowing in paying customers) than the likes of Firhill and all the other stadia that are all seated. 

Think the issue is these players will also be working in a full time job so no football bubble and with no requirement for testing the risk is too high of clubs being unable to field teams (and getting fined). 

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Think the issue is these players will also be working in a full time job so no football bubble and with no requirement for testing the risk is too high of clubs being unable to field teams (and getting fined). 

Another issue is that the Highland League clubs can't afford to play without fans.

The way things are going, even 28 November might be optimistic for that.

Macclesfield Town ejected from the National League, with £500,000 debts.  Another very old club fallen.

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

The vast majority of teams in leagues 1 and 2 in the same situation. I think the deadline for them is Friday. Although it does say in the article about the highland league not playing until November the other leagues will start in October.

27 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

The vast majority of teams in leagues 1 and 2 in the same situation. I think the deadline for them is Friday. Although it does say in the article about the highland league not playing until November the other leagues will start in October.

What happens if majority of league 1 and 2 decide not to play? Do we then not play, have a mini league or get added to championship