Return to Stadiums in September

Anniesland Jag

National League  clubs in England (5 tier)   to receive an emergency government grant. Based on, and because of lack of gate receipts,  with this league relying on that income.  Expected to be £2 to 3 million per month.

Talks with EFL over £250 million bailout ongoing. I believe still to be funded by PL clubs.

What exactly is the SPFL & SFA doing for our clubs? Can anyone enlighten me?

6 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And that is before the players welfare. There is no testing or bubbles enforced in the lower leagues and (despite the best efforts of our defense to prove otherwise) no options for social distancing at the workplace. As others have said, many of the players are part time and will be employed in jobs where they come into contact with the general public. It is a formula for the virus to spread itself widely in the player/staff community. While most of the players are of an age where the symptoms should be minimal, there is the chance that one or more could become serious. Is that a risk that we should be putting the players through ?

I know there is the counter that the fulltime players need the money to survive and that the risk assessment for them would be different, however the vast majority of players in leagues 1 and 2 are part time and have other income sources to fall back on.

Except that many of the businesses or organizations that the part-time players work for are also likely to be either mothballed or kaput, which could mean next to zero income for those guys.

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

5 Subs will be allowed in league games next season.

But only 3 in the Championship!  Does the Hearts squad frighten them.

According to the Clyde website, only 3 subs in all league play off games, with a 4th allowed in any extra time.  .  .

Edited by East Kent Jag II
Play off changes

56 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

National League  clubs in England (5 tier)   to receive an emergency government grant. Based on, and because of lack of gate receipts,  with this league relying on that income.  Expected to be £2 to 3 million per month.

Talks with EFL over £250 million bailout ongoing. I believe still to be funded by PL clubs.

What exactly is the SPFL & SFA doing for our clubs? Can anyone enlighten me?

as far as I can see they are doing SFA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/1/2020 at 7:40 AM, East Kent Jag II said:

According to a report in the Daily Record  this season's Challenge Cup is to be shelved.

Thats a relief then.

Now official. 34 of the 42 league clubs voted against playing the challenge cup this season. So the only competition in Scottish professional football this season with a sponsor, is the league cup.

4 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

English National League clubs get a UK government £10 million grant to cover then for fan non-attendance.  This is for a 3 month period, with the possibility of more to follow.

SPFL - come in  SPFL,  can you hear me?

Is football a devolved area ? Also what would the equivalent league be ? 
Highland and lowland leagues maybe. 

4 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Is football a devolved area ? Also what would the equivalent league be ? 
Highland and lowland leagues maybe. 

I'm not certain,  but although I think that as DD has said, football is a media culture and sport is a devolved area, the SPFL have been totally silent about trying to get government aid.

The money mentioned is going to the National league, but there are ongoing discussions for the EPLto provide some assistance for English leagues 1 & 2.  Despite UK government hopes that such funding may come about, it is by no means certain.

Highland and Lowland  leagues are probably the equivalent to the ENL, but there is no chance of SPL clubs funding lower leagues1 & 2.

I may be wrong, but I thought there was a Barnet Formula  knock on that the Scottish government could get, and all lower league Scottish clubs  could benefit from.

8 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I'm not certain,  but although I think that as DD has said, football is a media culture and sport is a devolved area, the SPFL have been totally silent about trying to get government aid.

The money mentioned is going to the National league, but there are ongoing discussions for the EPLto provide some assistance for English leagues 1 & 2.  Despite UK government hopes that such funding may come about, it is by no means certain.

Highland and Lowland  leagues are probably the equivalent to the ENL, but there is no chance of SPL clubs funding lower leagues1 & 2.

I may be wrong, but I thought there was a Barnet Formula  knock on that the Scottish government could get, and all lower league Scottish clubs  could benefit from.

I have no confidence in the SPFL to give any money they received to go to lower league clubs only. When Ann Budge first spoke of the Anderson donation, that was meant for lower league clubs and look what happened with that.

9 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I don’t think it covers all public spending so not sure if culture, media and sport. Even if it is, it might not be ringfenced, so the Scottish Govt could spend it on what they like.

The other barrier to lower league clubs benefitting is as you say is the SPFL board.

56 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I don’t think it covers all public spending so not sure if culture, media and sport. Even if it is, it might not be ringfenced, so the Scottish Govt could spend it on what they like.

The other barrier to lower league clubs benefitting is as you say is the SPFL board.

I fully agree with you that the SG could decide not to make such funds available to football.  From a distance  my perception is that they are at worst hostile and more likely ambivalent to Scottish football. (e.g. The football "yellow card " , but sod all to rugby player breaches.)  Perhaps consistent problems with the Ugly Sisters fans tints their perception of football.

As you and AJ say,  the  SPFL are not to be trusted , with their SPL top heavy board, and past behaviour.  So perhaps I'm whistling in the wind for financial aid.  I'm sure the club's worse case budget, with no fans for the season won't include state aid.

14 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I have no confidence in the SPFL to give any money they received to go to lower league clubs only. When Ann Budge first spoke of the Anderson donation, that was meant for lower league clubs and look what happened with that.

Why would the SPFL be involved if it is money for non league clubs ? It’s nothing to do with them