1st team players taking woman’s team

Bobbyhouston

Just now, Bobbyhouston said:

we have a challenge of trying to get back into championship and we decide to offer 3 players who will be regulars a blood job coaching  woman FFS

whoever thought that was a good idea FFS

It’s because all the Academy staff are all working their redundancy just now .

1 minute ago, Bobbyhouston said:

we have a challenge of trying to get back into championship and we decide to offer 3 players who will be regulars a bloody  job coaching  woman FFS

whoever thought that was a good idea FFS

I was a little surprised that the coaching team was not comprised of some of our regular posters!

Football is a part time job.  Training for 3 to 4 hours a day finishing lunchtime.

Womens team are part time.  2 evenings training and Sunday game.

No conflict to me.

I thought it was an interesting appointment and we should use the 1st team squad to do more activities like this including youth and community training.

We've got some positive publicity from this and should be a mutually beneficial arrangement for the club and Graham. Many senior players will look to get coaching experience, usually with youth teams and probably supplement their playing wage (didn't see anyone complain when O'Ware was given a coaching role at Troon the other month). 

I've no idea what the problem here is. If he was coaching with the academy it wouldn't be a problem. What is it that bothers you about this BH?

4 hours ago, twinny said:

We've got some positive publicity from this and should be a mutually beneficial arrangement for the club and Graham. Many senior players will look to get coaching experience, usually with youth teams and probably supplement their playing wage (didn't see anyone complain when O'Ware was given a coaching role at Troon the other month). 

I've no idea what the problem here is. If he was coaching with the academy it wouldn't be a problem. What is it that bothers you about this BH?

Think the main issue for me , not BH is that all Training and Coaching Staff outwith the first team are working a 3 month redundancy notice.

I’m not sure that sits well , especially in the middle of a pandemic.

Does the role not have to be redundant, i.e. no one else can be hired on a paid basis to do the same role (within a reasonable amount of time)? If so, does this mean there will be no paid coaches for the Academy, or are they in a redundancy consultation for 3 months, but might not be made redundant? :unknw:

22 minutes ago, flashman said:

Does the role not have to be redundant, i.e. no one else can be hired on a paid basis to do the same role (within a reasonable amount of time)? If so, does this mean there will be no paid coaches for the Academy, or are they in a redundancy consultation for 3 months, but might not be made redundant? :unknw:

They are all working their redundancy notice , possibly some of them might have a role to play within the Club but from what I’ve been told they would have to apply for said position.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, flashman said:

The role could be merged (what happened when I was made redundant a few years ago). So a coach could be made redundant and. Player become player/coach or the chaplain could combine his current role with coaching duties. The club could not recruit or move existing staff to be a direct replacement

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Think the main issue for me , not BH is that all Training and Coaching Staff outwith the first team are working a 3 month redundancy notice.

I’m not sure that sits well , especially in the middle of a pandemic.

Oh I totally understand that perspective, but with players double-hatting as coaches it's effectively a different job. It doesn't sit well but we've been relegated so we'll look for these types of savings I guess.

Still not sure how it affects the promotion push in a way that O'Ware's new job won't, BH.