The Thistle Archive

The Thistle Archive

Sort of archivishy this. Was wondering why this got flagged up as Jags related till I read the first para. https://thecelticstar.com/match-report-bonnyrigg-rose-2-1-celtic-b-stand-outs-for-hoops-were-standouts-today-were-ewan-otoo-bosun-lawal-and-broady-paterson/

Btw No need to read beyond that 1st para tho' the 2nd is rather interesting.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's a monumental day for The Thistle Archive, as we're now very proud to put all 147 seasons of Partick Thistle match history at your fingertips. Although there is much still to be done, every single game is profiled to varying extents. As you explore, you will notice that we have around 800 matches covered with video highlights, with many more yet to be digitally transferred from old VHS and DVD formats. In total, our Archive now has 13,183 active web pages for the Thistle community to reference and enjoy, so please help to spread the word wherever you can.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, The Thistle Archive said:

It's a monumental day for The Thistle Archive, as we're now very proud to put all 147 seasons of Partick Thistle match history at your fingertips. Although there is much still to be done, every single game is profiled to varying extents. As you explore, you will notice that we have around 800 matches covered with video highlights, with many more yet to be digitally transferred from old VHS and DVD formats. In total, our Archive now has 13,183 active web pages for the Thistle community to reference and enjoy, so please help to spread the word wherever you can.

Awesome effort, well done to all involved.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Congratulations William! There are a team (including you) listed on the "about " tag at the bar at the top of the home Archive page who find faces, dates etc, but most of the software updates have fallen to you.  Any volunteers to update data welcome,  top home page bar, "help" then "page uploaders". A video shows all that's required. I've  tried, but my fat fingers have so far not succeeded.  But I will not give up.

A magnificent milestone, but some help will make  OUR  Archive even better.

Well done!

17 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Congratulations William! There are a team (including you) listed on the "about " tag at the bar at the top of the home Archive page who find faces, dates etc, but most of the software updates have fallen to you.  Any volunteers to update data welcome,  top home page bar, "help" then "page uploaders". A video shows all that's required. I've  tried, but my fat fingers have so far not succeeded.  But I will not give up.

A magnificent milestone, but some help will make  OUR  Archive even better.

Well done!

How good is it to see Jack's 6,500+ potted reports in full effect? One of the most phenomenal efforts of any Thistle historian ever. Also, I'd kind of forgotten about all of Stuart's scrapbook entries donated over a year ago. Seeing them come to life now is finding hunners of pound coins under the couch! You put in some great shifts for us in Ancestry Donnie, appreciate all your bits n bobs. And how good was it to see Niall (Camallain) back in action for the Queen of the South game? Our usual YouTube videos get about 2 views, he just strolls in and gets over 1,000 views. Making us look popular.   :lol:

But that's what it's all about; oor Archive, your Archive, a'body's Archive!

• Like 2

Thanks Tam, have a look at our 1992-93 list; it'd be good to get any of the missing ones. Think we have all those games in the pipeline anyway, but if you already have them digitized they'd do for now, even if they have no sound.

http://www.thethistlearchive.net/1992-93

Can you upload to YouTube or such-like? Either that or send them via a Dropbox link?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Tam, a great boost for the  1992-93 → match videos, and thanks to A.N. Other we've now got a complete set of the competitive games for season 2012-13 →

Since all 6,500+ match hubs were introduced recently, we've been busy linking in the games in key sections so that your click-around exploration experience is that bit more convenient. As you hopefully know by now, clicking on the match result is the standard link to the hubs. We recently enabled this in the Thistle managers section (e.g. Davie McParland →) and the opposition managers section (e.g. Jock Stein →), and it's now rolled out to the H2H section too.

Revamping the H2H section to link-in the match hubs database was an immense undertaking, but the deed is done. Whilst that was the main aim, the section has also been completely restyled with quite a few new touches. As you can see from the random example below(!), all the main head-to-heads have 6 tabs of bang up-to-date info to keep you informed. Check out the scorers charts within which now follow our standard squad stats design, meaning that the top dog gets his photie in there too!

Fully revamped PTFC Head-to-Heads →

airdrie.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Happy Birthday to Scott Tiffoney,  who is 23 today.

He shares the date with John Blair, born on this day in 1898. John, born in Ardrossan  scored the Thistle goal in the 1921 Scottish Cup final win against Rangers.

Worth a mention is Willie Thornton,  who died on 26 August 1991.  Willie was the Jags manager  when I first went to see the Jags.  As a boy, I couldn't understand why he left to become assistant manager at Rangers, which I considered to be a lower position!

4 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Happy Birthday to Scott Tiffoney,  who is 23 today.

He shares the date with John Blair, born on this day in 1898. John, born in Ardrossan  scored the Thistle goal in the 1921 Scottish Cup final win against Rangers.

Worth a mention is Willie Thornton,  who died on 26 August 1991.  Willie was the Jags manager  when I first went to see the Jags.  As a boy, I couldn't understand why he left to become assistant manager at Rangers, which I considered to be a lower position!

Willie Thornton, despite his obvious incurable tendencies towards blueness, did well enough as our manager throughout the 60s. Unfortunately, that probably set us on course for the relegation that soon arrived, as our board took the lazy position of simply replacing him another Ibrox-obsessed fellah, the disastrous Scott Symon.

• 3 weeks later...

As the anniversary of the first-ever game at Firhill approaches, we'll be celebrating the life & times of the ground we love so much - Firhill.

The stadium of dreams, the palace of the gallus, is the place we've called home since 1909, but there's more to the old ground than just Partick Thistle, as many of our new lists will reveal!

Today, we look at Firhill's popularity with the SJFA for their yearly showpiece...

Scottish Junior Cup Finals at Firhill →

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Fair enough, but Kenny would have another candidate in the save against St Mirren at Firhill in season 2001/2002 which helped turn that game around and hugely boosted our promotion campaign.

I can think of a few penalty saves that have meant we progressed in the cup or played a part in promotion or better technical saves but the save from Arthur in the Peterhead game was probably the most vital.

Another season in league 1 at that time would have crippled the club and we could easily have ended up like Airdrie and Clyde.

I'm pretty sure Roughie saved a penalty in a 0-0 draw with Celtic. Murdo McLeod took it think.

I'm sure Andy Murdoch saved one at Ibrox, but can't remember the score. Maybe 1-1? Or did we still lose?

Did Brian Scrimegour go in goal and save a penalty, maybe against Hamilton?

I'm think an outfield player also went in goal up at Ross County and maybe saved one as well.

All a bit vague I know but my memory's getting worse :loco:

Tomas Cerny made a great penalty save against Dundee. He dived to the side but left a foot in the centre which somehow managed to divert the shot. We came from behind to grab a 2-1 win in the last minute. Sadly, we ended up being relegated. If we had survived, then Tomas' save might have been regarded as a turning point.