Today’s match is live streaming

ClydebankJag

5 minutes ago, Alb said:

Anyone else notice players ghosting in and out just over the hallway line in thistles half ?? Not sure if it's my stream, or if there's maybe more than one camera being used side by side and th merge of them isn't quite working

Looks to me like there might be multiple cameras. There are dark lines coming from around each main stand side corner and next to the half way line line you say, feels like different cameras stitched together. 

If that's the case then the slow panning is a software thing designed for smooth motion rather than the camera being slow. Perhaps suggests it could be fixed (or hopefully manually controlled!!!)

• Thanks 1

Sitting here with a Punk IPA watching the Jags at Firhill. Shite stream, but it is a test and it's free. Really cannot complain given everything else going on.

At least we have not missed the two goals with the camera that has a mind of it's own.

2nd goal offside?

Any idea who the trialist is?

Stay safe, fellow Jags!

1 minute ago, twinny said:

Looks to me like there might be multiple cameras. There are dark lines coming from around each main stand side corner and next to the half way line line you say, feels like different cameras stitched together. 

If that's the case then the slow panning is a software thing designed for smooth motion rather than the camera being slow. Perhaps suggests it could be fixed (or hopefully manually controlled!!!)

Def need multi camera and human inout for ST holders and folk paying for the stream. Happy just seeing something, though. 

17 minutes ago, Colognejag said:

Sitting here with a Punk IPA watching the Jags at Firhill. Shite stream, but it is a test and it's free. Really cannot complain given everything else going on.

At least we have not missed the two goals with the camera that has a mind of it's own.

2nd goal offside?

Any idea who the trialist is?

Stay safe, fellow Jags!

I think the 2nd goal was definitely offside-3rd looked good though 

5 minutes ago, thru thin and thin said:

Pathetic stream!

Takes away any enjoyment!

Looks like another season of putting up with an amateur product!

Why do other clubs, many with smaller budgets than ours, get things like this right!

Far from pathetic, is it perfect no, but the club made it pretty clear this was a test stream.

But you obviously need something to moan about as we're 3-0 up in a pre season friendly

1 hour ago, redandyellowallover said:

You'd like to think that for the league games they'll look to change it to that. 

Its free today so that's fine but would expect better for games I have paid for. 

Quality of the stream and pictures are OK for me. 

What are you watching on - I tried phone, tv and laptop - all poor

Absolutely delighted with the coverage.  Great that they've brought back "Spot The Ball". 

If this is typical of the streaming that around 30 clubs have signed up to, I'd be checking the small print in the contract. For an unmanned  system that is totally reliant on motion I'm intrigued why the camera lingered so long on acres of grass with no-one in sight but the keeper.  Anyone remember the WW2 film sending up the German Goose Step? It was like watching an edited version with players running back, forward, back, forward, back forward. All it needed was the voice of the Bud Flanagan and the Crazy Gang to set it to music. Virtually no use of zooming in. Couldn't read the PT shirt numbers (BSC's were at least legible).  Camera unable to adjust the aperture to compensate for the lengthening shadow on the pitch. Most of the play down the far side was in darkness.

OK so it was a test so there's bound to be problems but I would not be happy to pay for that without major improvements. Right from the off watching the warm up you could tell it was going to be poor with the lighting, the jumping in frames, players teleporting around the screen and there was only a few dozen people watching at that point.

If the SPFL have forced this system on the club I'm curious as to how much testing it underwent as it's clearly not fit for purpose.

There are amateur broadcasters on YouTube that do a far better job with less resources in broadcasting a live stream.

Amazingly saw all three goals quite clearly on my phone despite being in a very sunny beer garden. Failed to see much else more I imagine due to sunlight than production problems.

This may well be the first Jags game at Firhill (competitive or friendly) I've missed in around 12 years. I suppose like everyone else none of us have seen  Jags win of any kind this decade???

I think the club  bought the veo system which is unmanned  

Im sure they bought it for filming academy games 

And works with the camera  following the ball .

Not sure you can get commentary 

With the veo set up 

Edited by 1876

5 hours ago, Camallain said:

If I had been there I simply couldn't of done any worse than today's camera work, automatic or not! That standard will simply not do once the season starts .

Manpreet got better footage of Banzo's free-kick from the canal with a phone than the in-stadium live broadcast did. His vantage point was the opposite end of the stadium FFS.