Face at Firhill: How does it work?

partickthedog

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/be-a-face-of-firhill/

Could anyone more phone tech savvy than me tell me how to do this? I have an iPhone, so used Safari and clicked on the link as stated.

Then clicked on "BEGIN" and agreed to the terms and conditions.  Before clicking on LET'S GO I was told that I would have to allow access to the camera. So I clicked LET'S GO and then allowed access. A silhouette shape appeared.  Head seemed a bit small and the body seemed a bit big, but I managed what appeared to be a reasonable fit ,and pressed the button to take the picture at which point an acceptable, though hardly perfect (!), photo of me appeared. 

At that stage I was abandoned and there was no clue given as to what to do or where to go or how to pay or indeed anything else. Just my face staring at me. Not good!

My expectation would have been that I would have had to signify that I was happy with the photo, and the system would then take me on to payment etc. But there was nothing obvious. 

Any helpful guidance appreciated.  Just hoping that I was not so ugly that I broke their camera!

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Could anyone more phone tech savvy than me tell me how to do this? I have an iPhone, so used Safari and clicked on the link as stated.

Then clicked on "BEGIN" and agreed to the terms and conditions.  Before clicking on LET'S GO I was told that I would have to allow access to the camera. So I clicked LET'S GO and then allowed access. A silhouette shape appeared.  Head seemed a bit small and the body seemed a bit big, but I managed what appeared to be a reasonable fit ,and pressed the button to take the picture at which point an acceptable, though hardly perfect (!), photo of me appeared. 

At that stage I was abandoned and there was no clue given as to what to do or where to go or how to pay or indeed anything else. Just my face staring at me. Not good!

My expectation would have been that I would have had to signify that I was happy with the photo, and the system would then take me on to payment etc. But there was nothing obvious. 

Any helpful guidance appreciated.  Just hoping that I was not so ugly that I broke their camera!

On my iPhone it had the words ‘Are you happy with your picture?’ Underneath the image. It was only half on the screen though.

if you swipe up(or scroll down) you should get the same wording and be able to progress

1 hour ago, G SUS said:

On my iPhone it had the words ‘Are you happy with your picture?’ Underneath the image. It was only half on the screen though.

if you swipe up(or scroll down) you should get the same wording and be able to progress

Thank you very much G SUS, that sounds like it might be the answer. It is a bit dark now for the photo, so I will wait until the light is shining brightly on my face and scarf tomorrow morning and try again!

22 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Thank you very much G SUS, that sounds like it might be the answer. It is a bit dark now for the photo, so I will wait until the light is shining brightly on my face and scarf tomorrow morning and try again!

Yes indeed G SUS was absolutely right, which he should be with a name like that. Simple scroll down and it was easy! Thank you  again G SUS.

4 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

Why on earth is there no facility to just upload an existing photo? I've got to make sure any picture of my coupon made public is edited and filtered so as not to scare the weans or the horses 

I know the feeling. Existing photos from 5 years ago would be so much better. I presume that existing photos would not fit their silhouette outline. 

On 9/25/2020 at 5:35 PM, partickthedog said:

maybe your too ugly and club don’t want your coupon putting off the players 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Did it last night, but no sign yet of confirmatory e-mail.

How soon after being thanked for the order did other people get confirmation?

Maybe they saw my picture and are now discussing what to do......

I got the email almost immediately, but maybe it depends on the payment method?

• 2 weeks later...

So, the only picture I've seen is of a few dozen cut-outs, respectfully distancing, in a small section of the JL stand. Some fine specimens of the species there, I might add.

But are there others? My brother paid for his before I did, and while he is no oil painting, I don't think that can be the reason for his absence from the gallery in the JL stand.

Are there other portraits elsewhere, for example in some front rows of the JH stand? That's totally useless of course, if the only tv camera positions getting used are from the back of the JH stand. But why wouldn't that surprise me?

15 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

So, the only picture I've seen is of a few dozen cut-outs, respectfully distancing, in a small section of the JL stand. Some fine specimens of the species there, I might add.

But are there others? My brother paid for his before I did, and while he is no oil painting, I don't think that can be the reason for his absence from the gallery in the JL stand.

Are there other portraits elsewhere, for example in some front rows of the JH stand? That's totally useless of course, if the only tv camera positions getting used are from the back of the JH stand. But why wouldn't that surprise me?

Maybe he was at pie stall when camera panned by?  :D

• Haha 1