Spanish cigarette factory

BowenBoys

Lovely article in the Guardian this morning. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/01/the-joy-of-seeing-a-football-stadium-for-the-first-time#comment-144183492

The joy of seeing a football stadium for the first time. After a long  break perhaps we will recapture the spirit of this article when fans eventually return to football.

• Like 2

I noticed the article this morning.  At first I thought the comparison with a Spanish cigarette factory was a bit off. But I remembered just such a factory in Seville (now a university building) between the Cathedral and the Plaza de Espana, and behind the railings, yes, I can see what they are getting at.

I think you do need the sunshine, though!

18 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I noticed the article this morning.  At first I thought the comparison with a Spanish cigarette factory was a bit off. But I remembered just such a factory in Seville (now a university building) between the Cathedral and the Plaza de Espana, and behind the railings, yes, I can see what they are getting at.

I think you do need the sunshine, though!

Looking at a map of Saville, I believe it was Facultad de Phologa, formerly Antigua Fabrica de Tabacos. I wonder if this is the building they were thinking of?

But without the palm trees!

P1010505.JPG

Edited by East Kent Jag II
photo

Dens Park and loveliness in the same sentence! More seriously I always enjoy the anticipation of turning into Northpark St and the first view of Firhill at the start of the season.  Occasionally that same anticipation stays with me for most of the season. In recent years its been more morbid dread of how bad that days game was going to be!