St Mirren v Partick Thistle, Wednesday night

thebiglemon

3 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

I wonder how much of this was down to basic match fitness and flagging in last 15% of game as we seemed to be holding our own for long periods ? 

Oh well... a lot of food for thought for the Bunter .

Yep, no mistaking the fact that St M have played way more competitive games.

St Mirren looked a poor team to me. Docherty and Banzo bossed the midfield. Composed finish from spittal though the balance of the team looked poorer after he came on. Don’t feel confident at all in sneddon sadly, hope he proves me wrong. The second two goals that thistle conceded were completely self inflicted and amateurish. Very early days, and definitely some positive signs but that definitely felt like I was watching a movie I’ve seen many times before....

21 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

I wonder how much of this was down to basic match fitness and flagging in last 15% of game as we seemed to be holding our own for long periods ? 

Oh well... a lot of food for thought for the Bunter .

The goalkeeper shouldn’t be that unfit in the last 15 minutes though as didn’t have that much to do and was pretty calamitous at the goals

thats over 3 years Sneddon has been at the club and has not come on anywhere near as much as I thought he would.  No one could argue if he was dropped for Saturday 

Edited by Third Lanark

18 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

If McCall thinks Sneddon had a poor game instead of being exposed by poor defending he won't be playing on Saturday. 

Wright is away on Scotland U21  duty, don't know if Scullion would be played in front of Sneddon. I think Sneddon will start on Saturday as McCall will realise dropping him will damage his confidence even more.

If only Shea Gordon had slid in and knocked Graham’s dink into the net instead of leaving it then the defender clears it off the line it could’ve been a different game!  Gordon and Banzo both had one on ones and Murray had a good chance with a header in the second half. Just a question of match sharpness. Sneddon looked shaky, I’ve said for ages we need a better keeper if we want to win this league, it’s still early for him aswell having not played first team football in ages but he’s never inspired me with any confidence, but neither did Fox last year.  Considering there was no Foster or O’Ware, and we had a bench with Lyons, Spittall, Rudden, S-KA and Niang then we look to have built a decent squad. Bring on Saturday!

12 hours ago, ironfist said:

St Mirren looked a poor team to me. Docherty and Banzo bossed the midfield. Composed finish from spittal though the balance of the team looked poorer after he came on. Don’t feel confident at all in sneddon sadly, hope he proves me wrong. The second two goals that thistle conceded were completely self inflicted and amateurish. Very early days, and definitely some positive signs but that definitely felt like I was watching a movie I’ve seen many times before....

Same old same old. Different players, same mentality

10 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Wright is away on Scotland U21  duty, don't know if Scullion would be played in front of Sneddon. I think Sneddon will start on Saturday as McCall will realise dropping him will damage his confidence even more.

Sneddon I recall came to us as a highly rated young keeper.  In the 3 years he as been with us he has failed to win the trust of Jags fans. 

I have seen him 'in the flesh' only once and to be honest left the match unconvinced about him.  He actually didn't do anything wrong like throw a goal but he just didn't look a goalkeeper, or at least what I think a keeper should look like. 

In fairness though he hasn't had a run in the team being standby to Fox and Hazard (will be surprised if he makes a goalkeeper). I think we must be getting close to the point where we either give Sneddon an extended run in the team to let him finally dispel the doubts or let him go either on loan or released. For me he has got to find a confident 'air' from somewhere! 

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Let's face it: 4-1 is a hammering, "good performance" or not.

According to the BBC stats they had 4 more shots at goal than we did. We had the same number of shots on target, and we beat them on corners (!)

The losing mentality continuing?

To be honest, I don't give a monkeys about a good performance. I'd much rather we played sh*t and won

• Like 1

1 hour ago, policemans whistle said:

Did anybody listen on radio Scotland to the game? did you  hear Richard Gordon on the commentary? He started laughing and and in a way mocking players because of the mistakes they were making.[Both sides]

Pretty poor from Radio Scotland.

Aye. did come across a tad patronising.

To be honest I find Richard Gordon more infuriating with his OTT effusing  every Saturday afternoon about what "a remarkable, you cannot make it up, incredible day in the SPFL".  Like for instance Club X "was only a couple a weeks ago down in the relegation area but now look at them!!!  They're contending for a promotion play off spot. You REALLY couldn't make it up! Amazing!". No, Richard, hardly surprising in a league of only ten ******* clubs. You tube! 

18 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

To be honest I find Richard Gordon more infuriating with his OTT effusing  every Saturday afternoon about what "a remarkable, you cannot make it up, incredible day in the SPFL".  Like for instance Club X "was only a couple a weeks ago down in the relegation area but now look at them!!!  They're contending for a promotion play off spot. You REALLY couldn't make it up! Amazing!". No, Richard, hardly surprising in a league of only ten ******* clubs. You tube! 

Do you mean 12 clubs, or 10 clubs and 2 groups of arse holes ?

• Like 1

Why do we have so many Aberdeen connections on sportsound? I know Mr Gordon is head sports editor and a Aberdeen supporte,r but why do we have the Aberdeen manager, Willie miller and Cormack on the programme on many occasions. Last Saturday Miller, who was brought down from Aberdeen to the Glasgow studio, in awful weather, to give is spiel on the Scottish Government and then we have him to-night giving his personal opinion on the Government once again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

Why do we have so many Aberdeen connections on sportsound? I know Mr Gordon is head sports editor and a Aberdeen supporte,r but why do we have the Aberdeen manager, Willie miller and Cormack on the programme on many occasions. Last Saturday Miller, who was brought down from Aberdeen to the Glasgow studio, in awful weather, to give is spiel on the Scottish Government and then we have him to-night giving his personal opinion on the Government once again.

Trying to shut down central-belt bias chatter?

14 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

They seem to forget it is radio and that the listeners cannot see what exactly is going on,they chat amongst themselves and suddenly you get informed that a goal has been scored,they really need to get a grip.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, falklandal1 said:

They seem to forget it is radio and that the listeners cannot see what exactly is going on,they chat amongst themselves and suddenly you get informed that a goal has been scored,they really need to get a grip.

Also why play replays of goals. It's the radio.:happy2:

• Like 2