JAGZONE WTF

Bobbyhouston

• 2 weeks later...

From main site:

With Thistle now less than a week away from returning to competitive football and excitement building throughout the Jags support, we are extending this free offer for the final time this year. Free-to-view JagZone will now be available until October 14 so everyone can continue to enjoy the full range of our content on JagZone, covering the period of our first three Betfred Cup group matches and prior to the league campaign kicking off.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Thanks again fellow Jags fans.... I’m all set up :head_ball:

36 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I renewed about 6pm and got access about an hour later

1 hour ago, watties wallies said:

signed up tonight   had full access to jagzone within 15 minutes :thumbsup2:

1 hour ago, G SUS said:

If you purchase the monthly subscription online then access should be immediate. 

Delighted to hear that you are all set up. I came back from a week's holiday tonight to find that my temporary access had been terminated. I have hunted all over the official website and JagZone and even into my account as a season ticket holder and cannot find any obvious place to renew/sign up to JagZone online.

Could one of you kind people please send me the link or direct me to the appropriate place?

Thanking you in anticipation.

10 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Phil. Thank you very much. That is brilliant. I am in already!

I am just a little mystified as to why it is not flagged up more clearly.  Surely the club would have realised that there should be a number of Jags fans who would have lost access and would be keen to sign up. A simple article on the website today is all it would have taken. Not everyone is as keen as me, and if it is not made easy, many will not bother to look, thus losing the club potential revenue.

PS I now understand the confusion. I could still log in to my JagZone account even though it was suspended, and I could read all the details of my past JagZone subscriptions etc, but could not find anywhere to renew. What I now realise is that I should have started again as a new sign up.

Strangely enough, having done that and entered in all my details, the system then told me I already had an account and should log into that! I did that and all was simple from then on. It does seem that there is a lack of joined up thinking there (not all on my part!).

4 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Delighted to hear that you are all set up. I came back from a week's holiday tonight to find that my temporary access had been terminated. I have hunted all over the official website and JagZone and even into my account as a season ticket holder and cannot find any obvious place to renew/sign up to JagZone online.

Could one of you kind people please send me the link or direct me to the appropriate place?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Are people still doing that???? :shocked:

4 hours ago, partickthedog said:

PS I now understand the confusion. I could still log in to my JagZone account even though it was suspended, and I could read all the details of my past JagZone subscriptions etc, but could not find anywhere to renew. What I now realise is that I should have started again as a new sign up.

Strangely enough, having done that and entered in all my details, the system then told me I already had an account and should log into that! I did that and all was simple from then on. It does seem that there is a lack of joined up thinking there (not all on my part!).

To be fair to PTFC here, that's probably not their fault, but a "bug" in the system that they use (so it's not just a PTFC problem). I get similar messages about there already being an account with that username (I f*in' know, it's my f*in' account!) when I try to change passwords, usually after not visiting a site for a long time. It's infuriating sometimes! Gradually, I calm down and work through it. I used to get angry at clunky portals (there's a line that I've never used before), but eventually I realized that I'm dealing with an unthinking, logical machine, and it's up to me to patiently figure out what I'm doing wrong. It usually works,.... but then next time I've forgotten again... AAaaaaaargh!!!! 

I'm wondering if the numbers of subscribers to jagzone will increase following this time offering it for free. Seems to be a few on here willing to pay for it. I never cancelled my subscription (more out of lazinness than anything else) so for me the more subscribers the better service we're likely to get.

10 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Thanks BB, my card had been deleted due to an attempted fraud attack, so I had the same problem last night, I couldn't figure out how to change the card. I done it now thaks to your link. Maybe they should make it a bit more obvious on the club site

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

As another 'to be fair to  PTFC here' moment this morning, it wasn't hard to find. Just click on the 'Enter The Jagzone'  banner at the top of the Home page.

When I did that last night the message said my subscription was on hold and I couldn't find any way to update my card and was advised to email the club, which I did. I used your link today and only continued due to ptd's reply as it looked like I was joining from scratch. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Are people still doing that???? :shocked:

Pre-booked holiday on the Isle of Skye. I could perhaps also have claimed that it was essential travel and/or performing a caring function, as I had to meet jags on tour (socially distanced) outside the Isle of Skye brewery. The opportunity to have a rant to a fellow Thistle fan for the first time for 8 months was necessary for his mental health.

5 hours ago, scotty said:

I'm wondering if the numbers of subscribers to jagzone will increase following this time offering it for free. Seems to be a few on here willing to pay for it. I never cancelled my subscription (more out of lazinness than anything else) so for me the more subscribers the better service we're likely to get.

I joined for the 1st time. Thought the coverage was pretty good. A wee bit disappointed that there was no commentary with full game rerun.

14 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

To be fair to PTFC here, that's probably not their fault, but a "bug" in the system that they use (so it's not just a PTFC problem). I get similar messages about there already being an account with that username (I f*in' know, it's my f*in' account!) when I try to change passwords, usually after not visiting a site for a long time. It's infuriating sometimes! Gradually, I calm down and work through it. I used to get angry at clunky portals (there's a line that I've never used before), but eventually I realized that I'm dealing with an unthinking, logical machine, and it's up to me to patiently figure out what I'm doing wrong. It usually works,.... but then next time I've forgotten again... AAaaaaaargh!!!! 

The club's whole online presence needs a review. Various links go to external sites which look similar, clicking on a button labelled "Back" takes you forward in time, the home page doesn't display the latest score or result and actually getting anything done takes so many clicks that it's easier to pick up the phone and speak to someone, because the people working there are more efficient than what should be an easier, cheaper process online.