vandals at firhill

wrighty

On 10/9/2020 at 12:01 AM, Jaggernaut said:

Anyway, the vandalism was superficial.

The biggest act of vandalism at Firhill in recent years was demolishing this, with no certainty of it getting replaced with anything to improve the stadium.

Years later, and the damage is still there for everybody to see.

thumbnail_FB_IMG_1602176464978.jpg

Don't forget, the guys who went up and down the stairs with the 'chewing gum an macaroon bars'.

On 10/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, JAG1970 said:

Then onto Hampden where Denis scored twice and then onto the final....    As a young impressionable lad I thought winning the second div championship the season before and then the cup meant success would be the norm...…..  50 years later.....   :frantic:

Yeah, I got conned with that one as well :wall:

3 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Bought the chewing gum once. It was made in Czechoslovakia. The macaroon bars were certainly not Lee's.

the macaroon baz were the mutts nuts!

can still hear the old boy shout it 'macaroon baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz an the chewing guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum'

I can't believe we ALL stood at the first concrete barrier, not the metal ones, behind the goals :D 

I do remember the centre pages of the program always had a list of scarfs, hats, badges etc. "available from the kiosk" but when you wandered down to the kiosk at the enclosure (changing room corner now) you were lucky if they still had a pie and bovril left at half time :mellow:

2 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

I can't believe we ALL stood at the first concrete barrier, not the metal ones, behind the goals :D 

I do remember the centre pages of the program always had a list of scarfs, hats, badges etc. "available from the kiosk" but when you wandered down to the kiosk at the enclosure (changing room corner now) you were lucky if they still had a pie and bovril left at half time :mellow:

ahh but when you got your oie and bovril where better to rest them than on the concrete barriers. Perfect width for the bit of cardboard torn from the qwenchy cup boxes that the pies were handed over on!:thumbsup2:

2 hours ago, fifexile said:

ahh but when you got your oie and bovril where better to rest them than on the concrete barriers. Perfect width for the bit of cardboard torn from the qwenchy cup boxes that the pies were handed over on!:thumbsup2:

Spot on.  simpler times but you needed pointy elbows to keep enough space on the barrier for your wee brother (and the bounty) while he was being sent to the kiosk with a list

• Haha 1