Clyde game...£12?

westertonjagfan

35 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Are we surprised? Really? Promotion? Forget it. This club is rank rotten from top to bottom and we are heading the way of Clyde.

Clyde are higher in the league than us so we are maybe more of an irrelevance- completely agree with you though

just out of curiosity are you related to garscube road end - hence why you have nearly copied his name?

Just now, dl1971 said:

So I didnt see many of the doom and gloom merchants on here after Tuesdays game. But one game in to the league season after a 9 month competitive break and out you pop. Get a life chaps. 

To be honest, I’m usually a positive happy clapper who gets annoyed at knee-jerk overreaction. And I know it’s only one game in. But I am scunnered. It’s just a constant decline.

Ho hum, maybe we’ll sort it out and win the league. But the sad thing is I wouldn’t be too surprised if we’re battling relegation again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

So I didnt see many of the doom and gloom merchants on here after Tuesdays game. But one game in to the league season after a 9 month competitive break and out you pop. Get a life chaps. 

It may only be one game into the season dl, but it’s the same lack of creativity and goals and pace as last season and we all know how that ended up. 

7 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Yes we are only 1 league game in, but  it is like the rerun of  a nightmare.Things will need to improve quickly. If last season taught us anything we cannot be bottom of the league if it is cut short again. If we dont improve we should just put our games on the horror channel.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Big Col said:

It may only be one game into the season dl, but it’s the same lack of creativity and goals and pace as last season and we all know how that ended up. 

I can see us playing catch-up already against cove and Falkirk.

Airdrie like Clyde will be well up for next Saturday. The same lack of interest and poor fitness from supposed professionals like Richard Foster and Brannigan will see us getting another deserved defeat.

just how bad does Banzo need to be tiger dropped or is he just undroppable in McCalls eyes

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

We just got beat by our Local Rivals who are Part Time - they are also one game into the Season after 9 Months Competitive Break and looked Fitter Faster & Sharper - that for any Jags Fan  is something they have a right to question - this is a Thistle Fans Forum - what else do you suggest we discuss when "getting a life "     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Absolutely correct , McCall still hasn’t addressed the total lack of pace in the team , we still need a 15/20 goal a season striker  and very little creativity in the team, these were all evident last season and McCall still hasn’t addressed them.

Totally down to him as it was last year .

More fundamental. He hasn’t addressed that the players are playing with fear. As a result no one is prepared to have a go and we are very easy to defend against. 1 shot on goal is totally unacceptable

11 minutes ago, Harrybriscoe said:

Hang your heads in shame Ian McCall and Alan Archibald.  By all accounts we turned out the same insipid sh*te today that we've had to endure the last three years and that's just not acceptable anymore. 

Patience has rightly already worn thin among the Thistle support (who have stuck by the club manfully over the last few years - I just noticed the Gofundme is at £57,000). There won't be much stomach for many more performances like that today.

If current management and players can't achieve results quickly - they will have to move on.

5 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Patience has rightly already worn thin among the Thistle support (who have stuck by the club manfully over the last few years - I just noticed the Gofundme is at £57,000). There won't be much stomach for many more performances like that today.

If current management and players can't achieve results quickly - they will have to move on.

I completely agree. But the fans have made no real attempt to make their feelings known over the past three years. They've been utterly resigned to our current situation. I think this club could be playing League Two football before our fans actually lift a finger which is such a shame as their financial support over the summer has been incredible. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

More fundamental. He hasn’t addressed that the players are playing with fear. As a result no one is prepared to have a go and we are very easy to defend against. 1 shot on goal is totally unacceptable

They’re not playing with fear , they’re just not good enough, we started today with 6 of the team that got us relegated last year .

We’re playing in a League where the majority of teams are part time , we’re a full time team so in theory we should have an advantage in fitness alone and our Wage Bill is up there with the highest in the League 

We still need more winners in the team to to drag the younger players along and tell them it’s not acceptable to be beaten by part time Clyde .

Missed a trick by not signing Pates even for a season.