Clyde game...£12?

westertonjagfan

56 minutes ago, mulguy jag said:

I was hoping that we had hit the bottom and this season would see a resurgent jags.  Early doors but hopefully a wake up call for McCall after today's poor result. Back to the wilderness years before the Lambie era would be a disaster for the club.

The dross served up last season should have been a wake up for McCall. How many wake ups does he need

24 minutes ago, millicent fritten said:

The man who should be the jags manager was in the clyde dugout today!,,,,,

Why because he was a Partick Thistle player- his record at management is not great either bar the st Mirren league cup one.  He  praised the Clyde support in summer 2019 when they sang disgusting songs about john Lambie. Is happy to sign questionable players like goodwillie and love. Besides he was approached by thistle when Caldwell got the bullet and immediately signed a new deal with Clyde - so no thanks 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

They’re not playing with fear , they’re just not good enough, we started today with 6 of the team that got us relegated last year .

We’re playing in a League where the majority of teams are part time , we’re a full time team so in theory we should have an advantage in fitness alone and our Wage Bill is up there with the highest in the League 

We still need more winners in the team to to drag the younger players along and tell them it’s not acceptable to be beaten by part time Clyde .

Missed a trick by not signing Pates even for a season.

Also keeping and rewarding players who have been a part of our relegations and rewarding them with new contracts eg banzo who should have been released a couple of years ago

I think most of us have exempted Sneddon from the general criticism, and I would also make a case for Sena Niang. The more experienced players should be setting him an example, but in my eyes it seems to be the other way round.  

Should he be starting next week? Unlike some other midfield players he seems to know what it means to drive forward.

20 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Someone should really teach our players how to complete a pass. Some of the attempts today were shocking. 

I agree with this entirely, and also those who complained about lack of pace.

There was one occasion early on when Banzo passed the ball straight to a Clyde player, got it straight back, then missed Cardle again by 10 yards.

Shocking!. Docherty cant seem to pass either and Gordon disappeared completely.  Cardle was his usual self, giving the ball away every time he received it. And I had forgotten how rotten and slow Spittal is. God, I was so pleased when he left! And that Foster was dreadful.

I’d love to be proved wrong but this lot look like a bunch of haddies.

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

I agree with this entirely, and also those who complained about lack of pace.

There was one occasion early on when Banzo passed the ball straight to a Clyde player, got it straight back, then missed Cardle again by 10 yards.

Shocking!. Docherty cant seem to pass either and Gordon disappeared completely.  Cardle was his usual self, giving the ball away every time he received it. And I had forgotten how rotten and slow Spittal is. God, I was so pleased when he left! And that Foster was dreadful.

I’d love to be proved wrong but this lot look like a bunch of haddies.

I wasn’t pleased with Spittal leaving - our player of the year and deservedly so while guys picking up a wage and doing heehaw like banzo, oware etc stay on

banzo in particular be really glad McCall is the manager as under him he appears undroppable despite contributing nothing in nearly 4 seasons now

Edited by Third Lanark

I think as Jags we will forgive a lot except not playing for the Jersey.  I wasn't at the game or watching the streamed version but going by the posts it seems we didn't turn up today - one of many days where we haven't turned up over the past 3 years.

If McCall is sacked who do we appoint as manager? 

3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We just got beat by our Local Rivals who are Part Time - they are also one game into the Season after 9 Months Competitive Break and looked Fitter Faster & Sharper - that for any Jags Fan  is something they have a right to question - this is a Thistle Fans Forum - what else do you suggest we discuss when "getting a life "     

Of course the game should be discussed. But in my opinion....the early calls for Mcalls head are way over the top. The reality is that in the current financial climate that simply wont happen. I didnt see the game but I agree its worrying if any team appears fitter than us, part time or full time. However as always I'll judge the team and manager after we have played all the teams once. 

22 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Of course the game should be discussed. But in my opinion....the early calls for Mcalls head are way over the top. The reality is that in the current financial climate that simply wont happen. I didnt see the game but I agree its worrying if any team appears fitter than us, part time or full time. However as always I'll judge the team and manager after we have played all the teams once. 

We shouldn’t be worrying about anyone in our League apart from maybe Falkirk,  with our full time facilities and our player budget we should be aiming for promotion at the first attempt.

Totally down to McCall now .

35 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

There has at most being only a couple of shouts for McCalls head. Most has been anger at a truly disgraceful performance. More performances like it however And there will be more and more calls for his head

Far too many loan signings especially from the old firm. Guys that have no interest in putting in the hard work to get out of a league like this. Sorry to say this because i have supported them all..but mccall archie are almost too comfortable with the firhill nostalgia wrapped around them. Its been clear for about 5 seasons that the defense, keeper, is a massive problem but have made no progress in this area. Was never a caldwell fan but at least he gave them the kick up  the arse they deserved. The mcall, archie thistle combo is far too cosy for all involved. Time for a change

31 minutes ago, McCall Out said:

Should have been The Moody Blues "Go Now"

There is a rot about the club

we seem to sink to the bottom of every league we play in

too much money spent on irrelevant levels of management for our league placing eg 2 assistant managers and a Chief exec

cut the overheads and spend money on the team

3 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

Far too many loan signings especially from the old firm. Guys that have no interest in putting in the hard work to get out of a league like this. Sorry to say this because i have supported them all..but mccall archie are almost too comfortable with the firhill nostalgia wrapped around them. Its been clear for about 5 seasons that the defense, keeper, is a massive problem but have made no progress in this area. Was never a caldwell fan but at least he gave them the kick up  the arse they deserved. The mcall, archie thistle combo is far too cosy for all involved. Time for a change

I don’t think any of the old firm signings we’re playing today? While they have been pretty poor the loan signings we have had - what about the likes of banzo who have done nothing in the last 3 years?

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I wasn’t pleased with Spittal leaving - our player of the year and deservedly so while guys picking up a wage and doing heehaw like banzo, oware etc stay on

banzo in particular be really glad McCall is the manager as under him he appears undroppable despite contributing nothing in nearly 4 seasons now

Exactly. McCall thinks Bannigan is the player that he really isnt. Wants him to control the game, take the ball from defense etc. But the problem is hes not that good  and he actually takes much more talented players out the game. Think we'd be a much better team without bannigan trying to be the main man