Clyde game...£12?

westertonjagfan

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

I don’t think any of the old firm signings we’re playing today? While they have been pretty poor the loan signings we have had - what about the likes of banzo who have done nothing in the last 3 years?

Totally agree. Mcall thinks banzo is a player that hes really not. Nothing against the old firm guys but think theres far too many loam signings in general

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

They’re not playing with fear , they’re just not good enough, we started today with 6 of the team that got us relegated last year .

We’re playing in a League where the majority of teams are part time , we’re a full time team so in theory we should have an advantage in fitness alone and our Wage Bill is up there with the highest in the League 

We still need more winners in the team to to drag the younger players along and tell them it’s not acceptable to be beaten by part time Clyde .

Missed a trick by not signing Pates even for a season.

I would have 100% signed Paton - instead we have Banzo 

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Also keeping and rewarding players who have been a part of our relegations and rewarding them with new contracts eg banzo who should have been released a couple of years ago

100% agree -and its been the case for a number of years predating Colly - we are signing players for availability- not ability  

Oh Jesus, every ****** time I avoid the score to watch the game on Jagzone it's a horror show. The true reality of our situation just hit like an express train, we are a ****** pub team. There is just no way to dress that cluster**** up.  You could see Clyde are a bog standard Div 1 side but they deserved to beat us. In truth they should have won more comfortably. 

Heartbreaking to see the player Bannigan has become. I've seen that guy boss games in the top division but he along with so many others were absolutely pitiful today.  

Really bad as usual. Pathetic that we are literally a one man team with Graham in a league like this. Appalling record against part-time teams. We could barely even beat Penicuik! Clyde will be in the bottom half of this league, we're definitely going to play better teams than them which is worrying as there wasn't anything between the teams.

Archie's shitty training showing again. Several injuries already and there was no difference in fitness even towards the end. Glass out before he could sit down and Rudden looks like a crock who can't be relied upon. Only obvious pass marks was Sneddon. The weird thing is if billy big time Fox didn't leave he'd be starting as McCall fancied him more. McCall is a spent force. Overrated. Even his successes in the game have been small and relative. He can't handle pressure. Gobshite of a man. Squad is big and we still need players, especially a solid bit of competition on the left to get Penrice out of the team. Speaking of Penrice, him and Bannigan are two players typical of the Thistle cuddly attitude. Shite but get a pass because they're one of our own. Methinks a lot of these boys won't be playing full time football again when they leave Thistle, delaying the inevitable.

Between the clowns like J Lo and her clique running the club and the shit on the park I've run out of patience. Its not good enough, ****** sort it.

Edited by avie-man

We didn't create chances like we did in the cup games, but the number of chances missed so far this season is appalling.   Graham set the scene with his petulant red card on Tuesday. Rudden should go now. More time in the treatment room than on the pitch.  Do the players get sucked into the hype that they are league favourites?  You get nothing without effort,  and "leaders" Doherty and Foster a disappointment.  Only Sneddon and  Niang emerge with credit.

Sort it out. Next two games are must win, and in the shortened season, there is no leeway.  To lose to a poor team like Clyde is a new nadir for the club.

From the top to the bottom there is something rotten at Firhill and has for years now.

Weve had 3 management teams and 3 squads fail, we’ve had false promises and broken deadlines off the park. The whole set up of Thistle feels like an expensive bowling club now.  I stated a few months ago we’d struggle to get out this league, based on yesterday we’d struggle to stay in it.

There seems no vision from the club except this forced fan ownership, which again has missed deadlines, but I suppose it’s just following the acceptance of failure at the club.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

From the top to the bottom there is something rotten at Firhill and has for years now.

Weve had 3 management teams and 3 squads fail, we’ve had false promises and broken deadlines off the park. The whole set up of Thistle feels like an expensive bowling club now.  I stated a few months ago we’d struggle to get out this league, based on yesterday we’d struggle to stay in it.

There seems no vision from the club except this forced fan ownership, which again has missed deadlines, but I suppose it’s just following the acceptance of failure at the club.

Just what have people on here got against bowling clubs? :no:  :P Some of them have been around for hundreds of years, continue to do what they are supposed to, successfully  and don't look much like disappearing soon! :ph34r:

The fan ownership in my opinion has been hi-jacked!

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

Just what have people on here got against bowling clubs? :no:  :P Some of them have been around for hundreds of years, continue to do what they are supposed to, successfully  and don't look much like disappearing soon! :ph34r:

The fan ownership in my opinion has been hi-jacked!

I like bowling clubs, cheap beer and good for bowling. We are not a bowling club we are a professional football club, that’s sole purpose is to win matches. That seems to have been lost over last few years. 

Our core product is the first team, and them winning enough matches to get us back to Premiership, anything else is failure, and any other initiatives are smokescreens diverting the attention and resources away from our main aims.

I agree the fan ownership seems to be hijacked and if almost a year on, the sole (communicated) task that has been completed is to agree on a name, then it shows the apathy and acceptance of failure around the club. We have barely had an update from the board or the fan ownership working group in months, no one barely bats an eyelid. This site is quiet, Twitter and FB is an almost acceptance of the malaise. The club is dying, fans are switching off, add to the clusterfxck of the pandemic situation on the game and economy and we have a very very dire situation.

10 hours ago, Jag36 said:

Far too many loan signings especially from the old firm. Guys that have no interest in putting in the hard work to get out of a league like this. Sorry to say this because i have supported them all..but mccall archie are almost too comfortable with the firhill nostalgia wrapped around them. Its been clear for about 5 seasons that the defense, keeper, is a massive problem but have made no progress in this area. Was never a caldwell fan but at least he gave them the kick up  the arse they deserved. The mcall, archie thistle combo is far too cosy for all involved. Time for a change

Take your points and agree to a degree with much of this. It's just not time for a change. No matter how warranted, I can't really think of a worse time to be making managerial changes.

Oh, and to our single agenda poster, the Bessie Banks original is the superior version of Go Now. 

45 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Take your points and agree to a degree with much of this. It's just not time for a change. No matter how warranted, I can't really think of a worse time to be making managerial changes.

Oh, and to our single agenda poster, the Bessie Banks original is the superior version of Go Now. 

Totally agree. Yesterday was harrowing but this is the worst time to make knee-jerk reactions, imo. 

The team yesterday didn't really resemble the team we saw in the Betfred games so hopefully they'll get a rocket up their arses and realise they need to do more than just turn up to win a game. 

41 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

How can a League One club possibly justify having two assistant managers on the payroll? It's madness. 

This is from the manager. He has always worked with 2 others and in other circumstances Scally would be called assistant manager and Archie first team coach but he could not bring himself to have Archie called coach hence why both are referred to as assistant manager. They perform different roles but the title does cause confusion.

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

I like bowling clubs, cheap beer and good for bowling. We are not a bowling club we are a professional football club, that’s sole purpose is to win matches. That seems to have been lost over last few years. 

Our core product is the first team, and them winning enough matches to get us back to Premiership, anything else is failure, and any other initiatives are smokescreens diverting the attention and resources away from our main aims.

I agree the fan ownership seems to be hijacked and if almost a year on, the sole (communicated) task that has been completed is to agree on a name, then it shows the apathy and acceptance of failure around the club. We have barely had an update from the board or the fan ownership working group in months, no one barely bats an eyelid. This site is quiet, Twitter and FB is an almost acceptance of the malaise. The club is dying, fans are switching off, add to the clusterfxck of the pandemic situation on the game and economy and we have a very very dire situation.

Our next set of accounts will be worrying. Especially if we continue struggling on the park and need to keep adding panic signings to address the problems. Outwith Celtic and Rangers we must have one of the biggest first team squads and staff in the country as is.

Edited by avie-man

9 minutes ago, avie-man said:

Our next set of accounts will be worrying. Especially if we continue struggling on the park and need to keep adding panic signings to address the problems. Outwith Celtic and Rangers we must have one of the biggest first team squads and staff in the country as is.

I’ve just had a look at the OS and we have a lot of staff involved at the club, yes a fair few will be voluntary, but never the less we have a huge organization for a 1st division team.

The board also seem very quiet at the moment especially the chair, which is unusual.

Finances terrify me at moment with current COVID situation, 2 relegations in 3 years and a fan ownership stuttering along with no clear ownership or guidance at the moment . 

3 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Perhaps the current financial climate may force a change for good at the club - full time staff /players with no motivation, drive or passion & coasting on full time contracts replaced by seasoned and hungry part time pros with a serious point to prove.

All I want for Christmas is ... :thinking:

These guys are mostly on 2 year deals, unless someone wants them, they are going nowhere 

They should be ashamed of these results and performances against part-time teams. Going to work all day and then going to training at night is hard going and these clubs continually match us and beat us. Pampered ******* won't know how easy they've had it until they're in the real world. They are kidding themselves on as full-time footballers getting beat every week against plumbers and joiners.

1 minute ago, avie-man said:

They should be ashamed of these results and performances against part-time teams. Going to work all day and then going to training at night is hard going and these clubs continually match us and beat us. Pampered ******* won't know how easy they've had it until they're in the real world. They are kidding themselves on as full-time footballers getting beat every week against plumbers and joiners.

Agree with that. We were outplayed and outfought away to Arbroath last year. Don't know if it's a Billy Big Boots attitude or not but it seemed to be there yesterday too. 

18 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Clyde are higher in the league than us so we are maybe more of an irrelevance- completely agree with you though

just out of curiosity are you related to garscube road end - hence why you have nearly copied his name?

Same guy mate. With this site moving address I couldn't get in under my old guise, so created GRE2. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

Agree with that. We were outplayed and outfought away to Arbroath last year. Don't know if it's a Billy Big Boots attitude or not but it seemed to be there yesterday too. 

Unfortunately one of the worst culprits imo was foster who I expected so much more from and I have to say was initially delighted when he signed for us

4 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

I think you can only have a Billy Big Boots attitude when you don't constantly get humiliated by part timers. Could just as easy be a confidence issue, which would be just as inexplicable given we're often playing against part timers. 

Looks to me, tho' like everyone else I've only got arms length evidence to go on, that an over reliance on players with no pace could well be a major problem. That's been much the case in the immediate past. Understandable to a degree in the top division, barely tolerable in the 2nd tier but inexcusable at the level we're now competing in. 

19 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

To be honest, I’m usually a positive happy clapper who gets annoyed at knee-jerk overreaction. And I know it’s only one game in. But I am scunnered. It’s just a constant decline.

Ho hum, maybe we’ll sort it out and win the league. But the sad thing is I wouldn’t be too surprised if we’re battling relegation again.

The constant decline is the real worry. There is no sign of it stopping; none whatsoever.

We all know that getting promotion is much, much harder than getting relegated (or in the case of last season, demoted). And here is the stark reality of where we could be with this constant decline:

We are just two relegations away from being a lowland league club.