McCall teas out

Bobbyhouston

Quite frankly, in the current financial climate, any two of those three should be punted immediately! If the remaining one is incapable of managing a lower league club on his own then he should be replaced too. Our football club is dying on it's arse and this kind of nonsense and ego tripping is still tolerated. Only at Thistle.

• Like 1

I think McCall is still not sure what his strongest/best starting XI is. I know we can use 5 subs when he feels things are not working, but i feel using that many subs in a game is going to mean the team will find it difficult to get into any rhythm/momentum going. The next 3 games Airdrie (h), cove(a) and Falkirk(h) will probably tell us just where we are heading in this league. Big games for Thistle and McCall.

Edited by Auld Jag

21 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I think McCall is still not sure what his strongest/best starting XI is. I know we can use 5 subs when he feels things are not working, but i feel using that many subs in a game is going to mean the team will find it difficult to get into any rhythm/momentum going. The next 3 games Airdrie (h), cove(a) and Falkirk(h) will probably tell us just where we are heading in this league. Big games for Thistle and McCall.

Im afraid in this shortened season there is no time to faff about. If we lose at home to Airdrie we are going to struggle. And if he keeps playing Bannigan and Gordon we will toil. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don’t know who would be interested. There are a lot of unemployed managers around, especially down South. What can’t be denied is that we are in a much worse position to attract a decent manager than when McCall was appointed

Fully agree with this.  Whenever a next manager comes round imo ideally it would be someone who would be hungry and unfamiliar with the PTFC brand as to eradicate any jobs for the boys mentality.  In other words if McCall leaves then no to Archie and Scally.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Fully agree with this.  Whenever a next manager comes round imo ideally it would be someone who would be hungry and unfamiliar with the PTFC brand as to eradicate any jobs for the boys mentality.  In other words if McCall leaves then no to Archie and Scally.

Whenever it comes, we should automatically rule out anyone who presents a PowerPoint presentation. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

Darren Young the East Fife manager has learnt his craft over the last 3 or 4 years ,no real affiliation with the Club and is due a step up .

Ian McCall is running out of time after last year’s relegation however unjust that was , reckon the next 4 or 5 games are crucial .

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The good thing is that the potential next manager might have 45 minutes to survive 

There’s not that many that really want the current manager out at present, I personally was delighted at the time when we got him. Right now I don’t think it’s too much to ask that he delivers on much of his talk from the last year or so and instils the fight in the team that was so blatantly missing on Saturday.

It’s not really too much to ask

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

There’s not that many that really want the current manager out at present, I personally was delighted at the time when we got him. Right now I don’t think it’s too much to ask that he delivers on much of his talk from the last year or so and instils the fight in the team that was so blatantly missing on Saturday.

Speak for yourself

5 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Im afraid in this shortened season there is no time to faff about. If we lose at home to Airdrie we are going to struggle. And if he keeps playing Bannigan and Gordon we will toil. 

Exactly, which is why i said the next 3 games will give us an idea of what sort of season we will have. I expect  Airdrie, Cove and Falkirk will be in the top 4. We should also be in that top4.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Agree, can't remember many saying they didn't want McCall when he came back apart from @Dick Dastardly. But after a good start, it has been downhill since January. I know we lost 6 months playing time, but we have not won a league game this calendar year. To many fans are willing to accept excuses, if we don't win promotion this season ,there is no excuse. McCall has said himself 'just because he is a Thistle man does not mean he will get away with not winning games'. He needs to turn it around and soon.It was only 3 years ago we were in the premier league and look where we are now.

9 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree, can't remember many saying they didn't want McCall when he came back apart from @Dick Dastardly. But after a good start, it has been downhill since January. I know we lost 6 months playing time, but we have not won a league game this calendar year. To many fans are willing to accept excuses, if we don't win promotion this season ,there is no excuse. McCall has said himself 'just because he is a Thistle man does not mean he will get away with not winning games'. He needs to turn it around and soon.It was only 3 years ago we were in the premier league and look where we are now.

To be fair, my concerns were over his history of off field transgressions. I thought our form would be better.

In 2020 I make it 1 win (Queens Park) in 14 competitive games ....  a 7.14% win rate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, McCall Out said:

Speak for yourself

I was and did acknowledge that there was at this stage not many who want him out, but obviously there are some.  Not too sure what was wrong with that, as regardless of arguments for and against on the facts presently some do want him sacked immediately while there is a majority that presently don’t.

the more is results continue like Saturday that is going to clearly change but presently the majority still want to give him more time - that’s not saying they are correct, that’s just saying what the gist appears to be. Clearly there are some who want him gone but presently I don’t think they are the majority- like I say though that could easily change come 4.50pm this Saturday 

Seems like IMC might have built a strong defence/defensive midfield.. we haven't had that for a few years albeit we are in a lower league. But middle-to-front is concerning, 3 goals in 4 games so far with none in the last two. We ought to be able to cope with the loss of one goal in a game without it causing the loss of all 3 points. Ok, Rudden/Graham are not available but with Murray, Spittal, Lyons, Cardle, Kouider-A, Gordon, there ought to be more goals being scored. If not then IMC takes the rap for that.

I was in favour of his appointment but it's now time for him to deliver. I'm sure he knows that too! Hopefully it's a case of some of the new players gelling but  a win at home on Saturday is essential. 

• Like 4