McCall teas out

Bobbyhouston

23 minutes ago, McCall Out said:

I hope not but it couldn’t make things worse 

Oh but it could. A lot of similarities between McCall and Archibald’s squads.

No pace

Little creativity

Lack of goals

Leaky defence

Ultra cautious defensive line ups

Tippy tappy side to side rubbish

McCall goes - the 2 assistants go. Has to be.

• Like 4

For me the rot setting in started 3 years ago. After we meekly lost to Kilmarnock at Firhill when they had their youth coach in charge, Archibald should have been sacked. It continued when we hired Caldwell. I never wanted him as our manager, not because of who he played for, but because of his managerial record. Apart from Wigan giving him loads to spend to win the EFL 1 title he was a serial loser as a manager. When we hired McCall i thought at last we had someone in who could steady the club. After a good start, it has been downhill since. After 2 transfer windows McCall has only managed 1 league win all calendar  year. I don't think he will be sacked, can we really afford to sack 3 managers in just over 2 years. In November we have 3 league games 2 at Firhill, Falkirk and East Fife, 1 at Montrose. 9Points from these 3 games would be great and hopefully see us starting to look the promotion favourites we are meant to be, less than 7 points and it is another season of struggles. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Big Col said:

Oh but it could. A lot of similarities between McCall and Archibald’s squads.

No pace

Little creativity

Lack of goals

Leaky defence

Ultra cautious defensive line ups

Tippy tappy side to side rubbish

McCall goes - the 2 assistants go. Has to be.

Its funny how with Archie back involved the injuries are piling up again just like last time he was here. 

13 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

For me the rot setting in started 3 years ago. After we meekly lost to Kilmarnock at Firhill when they had their youth coach in charge, Archibald should have been sacked. It continued when we hired Caldwell. I never wanted him as our manager, not because of who he played for, but because of his managerial record. Apart from Wigan giving him loads to spend to win the EFL 1 title he was a serial loser as a manager. When we hired McCall i thought at last we had someone in who could steady the club. After a good start, it has been downhill since. After 2 transfer windows McCall has only managed 1 league win all calendar  year. I don't think he will be sacked, can we really afford to sack 3 managers in just over 2 years. In November we have 3 league games 2 at Firhill, Falkirk and East Fife, 1 at Montrose. 9Points from these 3 games would be great and hopefully see us starting to look the promotion favourites we are meant to be, less than 7 points and it is another season of struggles. 

Trust Thistle to turn a supposedly short season into another 'long season',  but less than the 7 points you mention above AJ, and it almost certainly will be.