What time stream starting

Bobbyhouston

Streaming very average to useless for me: for about 5 minutes after Spittal hit the post, the feed dropped altogether, and I missed the 3rd goal. Occasional dropouts after that persuaded me to change the VPN connection, but it made little difference. There were little coloured  stacks of blocks moving around, and for much of the game even the score numbers were illegible. I know it's a difficult time for the club, but this isn't much of a compensation for the price of a season ticket. The picture quality was noticeably inferior to that of QoS, although the camera work was better (not too many closeups).

Oh, and the feed cut out altogether just after the final whistle.

(I have fibre to the box, which AFAIK is as fast as you can get through the telephone network, i.e. without going for cable into the house.)

Edited by Fearchar

Not a bad game. Thought Graham had a good game apart from his goal, did well in defending crosses after we scored. Thought they should have had a penalty just before we scored, but when you see the replay the Airdrie player did make a meal of of it. Stream was fine apart from having to refresh just after half time.

Game management needs to be better but we really needed that win and good to get it with 2 good goals.  

For the first time, streaming worked well for me (on laptop).  I noticed there were 3 extra video links, I presume if 1 link broke down you could try another.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Stream worked well for me.

Our defence looked ok but Airdrie ran away from our players a few times which was worrying - especially when they picked it up in midfield and were coming onto us. Thought out keeper could have came and claimed a few of their long throws which would have helped my blood pressure at times. 

Glad we got a win.

Edited by east end jag

2 minutes ago, sandbank boy said:

Apologies Michael M:

Your knowledge is good

Your diction is good

You don't have to talk ALL the time

:ptfc:

I think the problem is he does audio commentaries and doesn't realise you don't need to describe everything (or mis-describe it) minute by minute when you're on video.

For all of my preference for being there as opposite to this streaming stuff I think that would've been a game where I'd have been waiting for the final whistle.

Positives. Resilience of coming back from a goal down, which is quite a novelty. And most of the players who've previously been getting the most negative of comments didn't appear to be that poor today. Also Graham playing 90 mins and still looking positive towards the end.

Negatives. Well I don't believe that had Airdrie got a point it would've been that much grudged. Also didn't look like we saw the game out that well. Being a wide player I thought Lyons for instance could've held the ball up the park a bit longer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muscat Jag said:

To be fair the commentary is also going out as an audio only stream. 

That's always a problem for bimedia production. Often, it goes the other way, and habitual TV reporters keep filling up space with their own garbage and 'jokes' instead of keeping repeating the score and positions of players and the ball.

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

For all of my preference for being there as opposite to this streaming stuff I think that would've been a game where I'd have been waiting for the final whistle.

Positives. Resilience of coming back from a goal down, which is quite a novelty. And most of the players who've previously been getting the most negative of comments didn't appear to be that poor today. Also Graham playing 90 mins and still looking positive towards the end.

Negatives. Well I don't believe that had Airdrie got a point it would've been that much grudged. Also didn't look like we saw the game out that well. Being a wide player I thought Lyons for instance could've held the ball up the park a bit longer.

Lyons seemed to have a problem keeping his balance. Wrong footwear?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Lyons seemed to have a problem keeping his balance. Wrong footwear?

4 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Oh! Meant to ask how behind real time is the coverage? I was watching on my PC and getting goal alerts on my phone before the ball was in the net.

That happened to me on the Queen's Park game. My phone flashed 1-0 Cardle a full minute before the I saw him score on screen. Kind of takes the excitement away a little.