What time stream starting

Bobbyhouston

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

If that figure is accurate then it is a tremendous response.

6201 fans is a minimum of £52000 removing 1000 ST holders

We would be luck to get 1200 adults (on top of ST holders) at the actual game. So £26000 + hospitality less police etc.

We have probably done better out this situation than a normal game 

27 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

That's an unreal amount of people paying to stream the game. Hopefully that keeps up throughout the season.

I suppose that there will be a fair amount of people that will be paying for it because there's not much else to be doing, and you can do it in the comfort of your own home and have a beer or two while watching the game. Add in the fact that people will probably just be desperate to watch their own team play as it's been so long you can understand the attraction.

Exactly what I done and will be doing the same tomorrow, pished by 5.30 

24 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

6201 fans is a minimum of £52000 removing 1000 ST holders

We would be luck to get 1200 adults (on top of ST holders) at the actual game. So £26000 + hospitality less police etc.

We have probably done better out this situation than a normal game 

Though about £10000 goes to the taxman as VAT

I'm amazed at that figure. You've also to take into consideration that on many occasions two or more of a family (bubble) would be viewing. In other words the total viewing will exceed the number of streams purchased considerably. The idea that a Jags v Airdrie match was watched on line by maybe as much as 7000-8000 is staggering. Even more so given the difficulty getting signed in. 

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm amazed at that figure. You've also to take into consideration that on many occasions two or more of a family (bubble) would be viewing. In other words the total viewing will exceed the number of streams purchased considerably. The idea that a Jags v Airdrie match was watched on line by maybe as much as 7000-8000 is staggering. Even more so given the difficulty getting signed in. 

Me too. Something doesn’t seem right. If we’d been able to attend the match there would likely have been 2,500 maximum, so I don’t know where the other 3,500 came from. However if true it’s good news for the club

2 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Great turn out. It also shows the benefit to other clubs if Jags fans choose to watch the away game streams. Personally, I will be using GoFundMe to give money to Thistle.

Good to see the club leaving no stone unturned when it comes to marketing opportunities too.

Seconded on both counts BB.

14 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Frankly, I find it hard to believe that so many people paid to watch a run of the mill live stream of a Scottish 1st division match in a soul-less ground with no fans and no atmosphere. Too many more attractive options for neutrals for me to think the figure is accurate.

I would say it probably could be true, remember you are opening the game up to the world not just glasgow and surrounding areas

5 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Id be very surprised if that was correct. I wonder if that number includes people who switched off and logged back in because of connection errors

You would think, though, Thistle wouldn’t publicise that if they didn’t get the income as has already been said there are tax implications.

• Like 1

I'm guessing that every Thistle and Airdrie fan that would have attended live, would have watched the stream.

That could be 2,500, give or take.

The balance is made up from Thistle and Airdrie fans that struggle to attend, due to their location.

I'm one of those, and watched the stream, albeit as a ST holder.

Remember the crowd we at at the Cup Final at Livi and the Semi-Final v Rangers at Hampden.

On those occasions, people travelled from around the globe.

That doesn't really happen for league games. 

7 minutes ago, sandbank boy said:

The same as they didn't 'publicise' the planning permission for the Bing - which we didn't have!

From what i recall we kinda did have permission, the local councillor for the area at the time even stood and had photos taken for the demolition of the terrace. However stuff happened, maybe dodgy from us or council or higher and it was kyboshed. Hopefully someone with more info can lay it bare but that is what i recall.

21 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

From what i recall we kinda did have permission, the local councillor for the area at the time even stood and had photos taken for the demolition of the terrace. However stuff happened, maybe dodgy from us or council or higher and it was kyboshed. Hopefully someone with more info can lay it bare but that is what i recall.

Exactly how I remember it.

The council advised we had been given permission and it was all publicised.

We were good to go and took it on good faith that we could proceed, even though we wouldn't get the official notice for another 3 months??, or so.

After we demolished the site, we were advised that we didn't have permission after all.

Feel raging about this even now.

2 hours ago, dl1971 said:

If that figure is correct.....probably better to lock fans out from a financial perspective.!  Be very interested to know what other teams figures are. 

Just looked on the Clyde thread on pie and bovril and it has been posted that 906 paid to watch Clyde v Thistle.

2 hours ago, CotterJag said:

We were good to go and took it on good faith that we could proceed, even though we wouldn't get the official notice for another 3 months??, or so.

After we demolished the site, we were advised that we didn't have permission after all.

They advised we would likely be granted it, not we had been granted it 

5 hours ago, CotterJag said:

‘Good Faith’ means bugger all when applied to planning permission.  If the then club Directors planned on that basis they were foolish and they deserved all they got and unfortunately our ground/stadium , to this day looks a mess.
What idiot knocks down a quarter of their house on the basis of ‘ that’s alright mate you’ll be ok’, only to be told 3 months later, ‘ sorry you can’t build your extension’
Unless written and  guaranteed planning permission was received then the City end terracing shouldn’t have touched.