Is COVE streaming game

Bobbyhouston

Very poor game, but for 93 minutes we had somewhat the better of it. If it had ended then, I would have been reasonably encouraged that we were more than a match for Cove.

Strangely enough, losing very late goals has not been a huge problem for us in the last season and a bit. It actually happened most often when we were at our best in the Premier League.

If that is going to start happening again, it is difficult to see how we are going to shake this losing mentality.

Just now, northernsoul said:

But it doesn't matter, it was 50 years ago we beat Celtic in the League Cup.

Yes! This guy gets it. 

Probably the least successful professional club in Scotland with two pathetic national titles to our name. We celebrate failure. But "at least we ur no the old furm" 

• Like 2

Theres been plenty of time since Caldwell to turn things around. They've been financially backed by the board and we're even worse off than last season. We needed to build a new team starting with a keeper and central defence which have been a problem for years but we're going backwards from what I can see. Darren Young East Fife maybe- something to give a bit of drive and life back to the club

Edited by Jag36
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Very poor game, but for 93 minutes we had somewhat the better of it. If it had ended then, I would have been reasonably encouraged that we were more than a match for Cove.

Strangely enough, losing very late goals has not been a huge problem for us in the last season and a bit. It actually happened most often when we were at our best in the Premier League.

If that is going to start happening again, it is difficult to see how we are going to shake this losing mentality.

The loss of a late single goal in this league shouldn’t matter... we’re not scoring enough, we’re not creating enough chances, same as the Clyde game, middle to front isn’t working.. we failed to score a goal in two away games, we can’t expect to win the league by only keeping things tight at the back 

Edited by JAG1970

9 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

Theres been plenty of time since Caldwell to turn things around. They've been financially backed by the board and we're even worse off than last season. We needed to build a new team starting with a keeper and central defence which have been a problem for years but we're going backwards from what I can see. Darren Young East Fife maybe- something to give a bit of drive and life back to the club

East Fife have a fantastic youth/community setup. Five star - its about more than the manager.

10 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Not wanting to be confrontational but your quote “ I would have been reasonably encouraged that we were more than a match for Cove “

Are you serious, have a think about it 

• Like 1

We were unfortunate to lose that in terms of the balance of play. The conditions were awful and we dealt with them better than we did back at Arbroath in January. 

However, as noted above, concession of a single late goal shouldn’t matter and we are already 6 points adrift after three games which isn’t good enough.  Some of our passing and our final ball was terrible. 

No idea what Gordon is supposed to offer, complete passenger most games, would far rather Cardle, Lyons or Murray.  We also had two good chances to break and Bannigan turned back both times, let them get their shape back and passed sideways. Very sadly, I don’t think we will ever see the pre-injury Banzo driving from the middle of the park again. 

Pluses are that Wright and Breen look decent backups, Docherty dominated the middle albeit cost the goal from what I could see, Sena added physicality and Graham is a good focal point (but poorly supported). 

It seems Cove we’re breathing out their arses at the end,Meggensen off injured, picking up yellows yet we still hand the game to them on a plate...no tactical changes or substitutions when it was screaming for them ...not completely given up on the Bunter but gie close .

Anything less than a win against Falkirk next week and that’s it for me re Bunter .

Edited by Anniesland Jag

1 minute ago, Stephen1876 said:

We were unfortunate to lose that in terms of the balance of play. The conditions were awful and we dealt with them better than we did back at Arbroath in January. 

However, as noted above, concession of a single late goal shouldn’t matter and we are already 6 points adrift after three games which isn’t good enough.  Some of our passing and our final ball was terrible. 

No idea what Gordon is supposed to offer, complete passenger most games, would far rather Cardle, Lyons or Murray.  We also had two good chances to break and Bannigan turned back both times, let them get their shape back and passed sideways. Very sadly, I don’t think we will ever see the pre-injury Banzo driving from the middle of the park again. 

Pluses are that Wright and Breen look decent backups, Docherty dominated the middle albeit cost the goal from what I could see, Sena added physicality and Graham is a good focal point (but poorly supported). 

Launching the ball up to Brian Graham and playing for the second ball isn’t a style of play that is going to work at this level .

3 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

It seems Cove we’re breathying out their arses at the end,Meggensen off injured, picking up yellows yet we still hand the game to them on a plate...no tactical changes or substitutions when it was screaming for them ...not completely given up on the Bunter but gie close .

Anything less than a win against Falkirk next week and that’s it for me re Bunter .

1 win since January albeit a truncated season suggests Bjnter is done. Unfortunately we are more than likely in a position where we dont have the money to pay him and his cronies off. He wont resign. He will hang on and take us to League 2.

Two quotes from McCall in an Evening Times article before the season started.

"The last time I was in this league we scored about 100 or something goals."

"Never more so has it been important that we get off to a fast start but the last two or three years at Ayr we always got off to a fast start, so we basically need to just replicate that."

Clearly the vision for the season has fallen out out of sight already and unless there is a change of attitude sharpish, we'll be lucky to be in contention for a play-off place.

If there was evidence that we actually looked like scoring then the "we had the better of the game" stuff might hold some weight, but we simply don't look like we could go and out-score anyone at the moment. Losing one goal is going to cost us points most weeks.

1 minute ago, Jagtastic said:

Two quotes from McCall in an Evening Times article before the season started.

"The last time I was in this league we scored about 100 or something goals."

"Never more so has it been important that we get off to a fast start but the last two or three years at Ayr we always got off to a fast start, so we basically need to just replicate that."

Clearly the vision for the season has fallen out out of sight already and unless there is a change of attitude sharpish, we'll be lucky to be in contention for a play-off place.

If there was evidence that we actually looked like scoring then the "we had the better of the game" stuff might hold some weight, but we simply don't look like we could go and out-score anyone at the moment. Losing one goal is going to cost us points most weeks.

Not sure we’re going to outscore many teams at the moment the way we are set with a back 4 with 2 holding midfielders.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

How far have we fallen, too many players about who helped to relegate us last year , they weren’t good  enough last year or this year .

No discernible style of play , no pace or creativity in the team .

We've now lost 2 out of the first 3 games , mostly against Part Time Players, in a full season the Champions at the most lose 4 or 5 games all season, it’s not going to happen for us .

Totally down to McCall , our Club has lost its identity on and off the park, no prospects coming through from the Academy which is actually irrelevant now .

Time for a change 

Not just totally down to McCall though - too many old pals acts been hanging about doing nothing - Archie, banzo, oware, kenny Arthur etc and the rot was already there before McCall joined - unfortunately he is clearly not capable of digging us out of it

• Like 1