Is COVE streaming game

Bobbyhouston

Bannigan is finished and would be better off joining the other class of 2012 at east kilbride. The fact McCall keeps blowing smoke up his erse and building a team around him is insanity. The insistence of playing two defensive midfielders has haunted us for a long time, but to continue it in this league is unbelievable. Theres no pace in our play and the build up is painful. Its embarrassing now and really losing interest. Theres absolutely no danger 6000 folk were watching the shite were serving up the now, not a chance 

Taking the consortium's cash and becoming Barnsley's feeder club doesn't seem like such a bad idea anymore. Probably wouldn't be in this mess with the batshit lunacy of fan ownership and the anonymous zoomers who are supposed to be facilitating it. 

Just wind the club up now before we embarrass ourselves further. 

You'd think after the injustice of last season our players would come out swinging with something to prove. Rather we prove why we are the cuddly toy of Scottish football. 

Just watched highlights as I found it unwatchable yesterday and I think Thistle were unlucky not to take at least a point down the road. There weren’t many chances and we’d seen a great save from the Cove keeper and a BBG shot cleared off the line and away for a corner just before Cove’s winner which was ably assisted by an uncharacteristic Murdoch blooper. 

Doesn’t usually annoy me but the Cove player stealing about 15 yards at the thrown-in that led to start the passage of play Cove scored from was a joke. 

Anyway, can’t change anything now. Cove definitely in the Chase for the title and a decent price (4/1 before this game). 

Thistle need to start finding the net starting Saturday otherwise we’ll be gearing up for the playoffs and nowhere near a title challenge

Some record at home for Cove Rangers 16/16 wins at home. 

8 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Appointed Caldwell, Presided over 3+ years of shite, PR disasters with her silly videos which she went in a huff about when people questioned them, treated Dools and Erskine like shite, reappointed Rough, Embarrassed herself on social media by getting the young team to make a silly banner in protest of the SFA/SPFL, All her nonsense family club, inclusive pish. She is a failed business person and if you have ever met her is a total egomaniac. In short she is an embarrassment and if this was the 80's 90's there would have been hordes of fans outside firhill demanding she be gone. Unfortunately we are in the digital era and with no fans at games we will be stuck with this tool and her sycophant cohorts for a long time to come. And that Thistle Foundation taking over is as big a joke as her and her board. We will be lowland league within 5 years if we keep on as we are.

Ps. She has put in **** all!

anything else you would like to get off your chest ?

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

Bannigan is finished and would be better off joining the other class of 2012 at east kilbride. The fact McCall keeps blowing smoke up his erse and building a team around him is insanity. The insistence of playing two defensive midfielders has haunted us for a long time, but to continue it in this league is unbelievable. Theres no pace in our play and the build up is painful. Its embarrassing now and really losing interest. Theres absolutely no danger 6000 folk were watching the shite were serving up the now, not a chance 

Bannigan was finished at least 2 years ago, but still gets contracts handed to him. He has been a wage thief since he was awarded new contracts from his inhury.

• Like 2

watched yesterday on JagsZone.  Cove are an extremely ordinary side.  No originality in front of goal on our part. Toothless.  Why did Spittal put his free kick to the exact spot he scored from last week?  The opposition watch games and build profiles of our team, and his Airdrie goal would be in there. We need to vary our attacking style, and I wish players would look up. The number of times a pass rather than a shot would be a better option.

As I've said before, we don't have the budget to sack McCall, but his departure might be needed before long, as our patience is running out fast. The prospect of being at the top of the league as the half way stage is a pipe dream now.

With regards to Low, she is never a chairman giving direction etc in a million years. Employing Caldwell was unforgivable.  But how do we get rid of her?  TBC hold the majority of the shares, and she can be there until Colin Weir's cash is pissed into the wind.  The only hope is that sufficient pressure and media exposure is put on a malfunctioning administration to make her next steps and conquest impossible, as nobody would touch her with a bargepole, but that in itself makes the sinecure at Firhill the place to be until the cash runs out. Not good. Not good at all.

8 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

What has she brought to the club?
St Mirren Director Gordon Scott paid for 52% of the club, she’s there why?

Whatever Jacqui Low has done or not done for our Club , at this moment it is diverting attention from what is happening on the park .

McCall and before him Caldwell, even though they have been backed financially have done nothing to build the foundations back on the football side .

There seems to be no template on what path we are going ( an example yesterday being Motherwell had 8 Academy players in their squad ) What is the point of PTFC having an Academy?

I thought Ian McCall had the nous to build us a young exciting team especially with the resources he had in comparison to the other part time teams in the 3 rd tier of Scottish Football.

Looking at our squad just now , there isn’t any chance of that happening.

On the football side, it’s totally down to Ian McCall .

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Camallain said:

And to think at one point today I was getting upset at the camera deciding to follow a bloody paper plate blowing over the pitch. I accept we have injury problems but the start to the season has been unacceptable and given the shortened season today’s injury time capitulation could easily prove fatal in our bid for promotion!

The paper plate was one of the better players on view.

• Haha 1

I'm not in any way supporting the current chairperson (and Board) but I don't see any imminent change there. We almost certainly would require interested parties in place to oust the current regime. if there are such people out there then I applaud their secrecy. The only other route, not that uncommon, to "Sack the Board" is a coordinated fans takeover. Anyone want to bet on that being imminent?

As to matters on the pitch, I'd have some sympathy with the management if we were simply squandering a bucket load of scoring chances. From a distance this doesn't seem to be the case and the lack of creativity leading up to and near goal appears to be our biggest failing. That's firmly a management issue as due to tactics, formation, training, fitness, inability to change a game etc.

As a specific and again hampered by not being there but no subs yesterday confuses me. I realise the conditions and playing surface would've dictated much and see the sense in bringing in Sena. Sacrificing a bit of width for muscle. That's all very well but why not introduce Lyons at some point in the game? OK, he's lightweight and maybe not a starter, but he's played alongside Sena, he's used to artificial surfaces and playing in similar wind exposed conditions at East Fife. 

Looks to me that we set out merely not to get defeated yesterday. Hopefully grab a goal and keep a clean sheet. McCall can carp about bad luck and a no scoring draw would've been acceptable under the conditions. That doesn't wash with me. If you fail to place emphasis on actually scoring goals then you're always open to coming away with hee-haw.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Taking the consortium's cash and becoming Barnsley's feeder club doesn't seem like such a bad idea anymore. Probably wouldn't be in this mess with the batshit lunacy of fan ownership and the anonymous zoomers who are supposed to be facilitating it. 

Just wind the club up now before we embarrass ourselves further. 

You'd think after the injustice of last season our players would come out swinging with something to prove. Rather we prove why we are the cuddly toy of Scottish football. 

Spot on. Next set of people running the club should be outsiders if these clowns don't kill us first. Various individuals and fans groups over the years have totally run the club into the ground. Bowling Club FC. Jobs for all of the boys and girls.

Same old woe is me interview on jagzone from the career victim McCall, hard luck, blaming the weather. Makes a change from talking about how well off the opposition are, which he can't do anymore. McCall has always been a nearly man, a myth of a manager who hasn't achieved all that much in the game, but the one thing he was good for before was bringing in players we can develop. Now its all shite on loan and bench warmers from teams like Ayr, has beens circling the drain of full-time football trying to delay the inevitablity of the real world. Him and all the other pals like Archie, Bannigan etc need fired out the door before they do anymore damage. 

The softball questions on jagzone are embarrassing. No subs, barely created anything worth a ****, and all he can do is crawl up McCall's arse.

Edited by avie-man

8 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Whatever Jacqui Low has done or not done for our Club , at this moment it is diverting attention from what is happening on the park .

McCall and before him Caldwell, even though they have been backed financially have done nothing to build the foundations back on the football side .

There seems to be no template on what path we are going ( an example yesterday being Motherwell had 8 Academy players in their squad ) What is the point of PTFC having an Academy?

I thought Ian McCall had the nous to build us a young exciting team especially with the resources he had in comparison to the other part time teams in the 3 rd tier of Scottish Football.

Looking at our squad just now , there isn’t any chance of that happening.

On the football side, it’s totally down to Ian McCall .

What is happening on the park is a direct reflection of the attitude of it, amateurish, cuddly and acceptance of failure

• Like 1

I'm still feeling flat from what I watched on Saturday. I've made a donation here and there on the GoFundMe page, but I was so  taken aback at our standard of play against Cove and an apparent lack of progress and change of direction from previous seasons that I'm beginning to feel it's a pointless exercise. We're a club sinking into oblivion and it appears there's no one with an ounce of leadership or off the park who can turn things around. If we lose to Falkirk on Saturday I would expect a change in management sooner rather than later.  Two assistant coaches cannot be justified with our results record and in our position.

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

What is happening on the park is a direct reflection of the attitude of it, amateurish, cuddly and acceptance of failure

Can’t really comment on the amateurish or cuddly bit , but there is no acceptance of failure or we wouldn’t have had 3 managers in 3 years .

What we need is a strong Board to have some sort of foresight which direction we are going in for the next 3 / 5 years 

Are we a Club who are going to coach young players through the Academy and give them a pathway to the first team which hopefully will benefit PTFC on and off the park.

Or do we go for the narrow minded quick fix to try and get promotion with players like Foster , Cardle and Brian Graham.

If we're going for promotion, we’ll never do that with McCalls ideaology  just now , sitting in and trying to nick games by the odd goal .

5 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Can’t really comment on the amateurish or cuddly bit , but there is no acceptance of failure or we wouldn’t have had 3 managers in 3 years .

What we need is a strong Board to have some sort of foresight which direction we are going in for the next 3 / 5 years 

Are we a Club who are going to coach young players through the Academy and give them a pathway to the first team which hopefully will benefit PTFC on and off the park.

Or do we go for the narrow minded quick fix to try and get promotion with players like Foster , Cardle and Brian Graham.

If we're going for promotion, we’ll never do that with McCalls ideaology  just now , sitting in and trying to nick games by the odd goal .

Archie should have went when we were relegated, he was encouraged to stay.

Caldwells remit was promotion, we avoided relegation by a game, he was allowed to stay.

Fans were happier to reject external investment for a fan ownership model, not because it was more viable but because it was more community orientated.

The club has made countless shambolic decisions and statements over last few years, yet those in charge stay.

But hey we rebranded ourselves a family club and have a sponsor for the players Y fronts so all is ok.

Our one remit is to build a successful club on and off the park, if the back room, board room or dressing room aren’t capable then they go, regardless of links to the club.

3 years ago we were top 6 out of 42, we are now 28th and dropping like a stone

Edited by Norgethistle
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Archie should have went when we were relegated, he was encouraged to stay.

Caldwells remit was promotion, we avoided relegation by a game, he was allowed to stay.

The club has made countless shambolic decisions and statements over last few years, yet those in charge stay.

But hey we rebranded ourselves a family club and have a sponsor for the players Y fronts so all is ok.

Everything is not ok as you well know David Beattie dealt with AA and possibly the financial aspect of Archie’s contract came into play with that decision.

Caldwell was never a fit for our Club and that indeed comes down to Jaqui Lowe .

I haven’t got a problem being a Community Club or a Family Club , that’s where our future fan base is going to come from .

Rather that than the hyperbole of Rangers and Celtic being “ family clubs “

Edited by jlsarmy

37 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Not convinced Doolan would be better than Graham 

17 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Everything is not ok as you well know David Beattie dealt with AA and possibly the financial aspect of Archie’s contract came into play with that decision.

Caldwell was never a fit for our Club and that indeed comes down to Jaqui Lowe .

I haven’t got a problem being a Community Club or a Family Club , that’s where our future fan base is going to come from .

Rather that than the hyperbole of Rangers and Celtic being “ family clubs “

Our future fan base isn’t going to come from being a family club or a community initiative, it’s going to come from a successful team, playing exciting football and holding its own.

Football fans want to see decent football at an affordable rate with a decent match day experience. 

Wee changes to badges, being nice will not grow the fanbase. We are a professional football club, we’ve lost focus on that with everything else that’s went on. COVID papered over the cracks of a disastrous season last year where we used a vote to hide the fact we had failed yet again as a football team

19 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Our future fan base isn’t going to come from being a family club or a community initiative, it’s going to come from a successful team, playing exciting football and holding its own.

Football fans want to see decent football at an affordable rate with a decent match day experience. 

Wee changes to badges, being nice will not grow the fanbase. We are a professional football club, we’ve lost focus on that with everything else that’s went on. COVID papered over the cracks of a disastrous season last year where we used a vote to hide the fact we had failed yet again as a football team

It’s got to be more than that , playing exciting football or the kids will just go to Parkhead or Ibrox .

We’ve got to have an identity rather than what the Old Firm stand for Catholics support Celtic or Protestants support Rangers .

Our fan base is going to be built in the future by getting the surrounding schools involved and making them feel part of things , as this moment with what is happening on and off the park we have no identity.

Being a PTFC supporter for nigh on 50 years , I’ve seen lots of failed Partick Thistle teams , been through Save the Jags etc etc , saw the promotions under John Lambie and Archie which were  great.

Saw great players like Glavin , Alan Hansen ,Mojo , Chic , Dools , Erskine etc

Watching PTFC over the years through good times and bad times there always seemed to be a glimmer of hope ,with the present incumbents and the Manager, I have no idea where that glimmer is coming from.

• Like 2

What is going on with Lyons ? A player who was a standout in league 1 last season, scored 10 goals in 26 league games. Just the type of player we need and his time on the park has been very limited. I know we were told a few weeks ago his fitness was not up to the mark, but surely we have sorted that out now.

• Like 6

Have watched the highlights (if thats the correct description) I can see the sense in playing withoutwingers in the first half and the extra central midfielder in Sena. I think the game plan in the first half was to deny Cove any space any closer than 40 yards from goal to avoid the chance of conceeding a wind assited strike.

However in the the second half the onus was on us to bring in width and creating shooting opportunites. So not bringing on Cardle, Murray or Lyons was strange.

I think McCall's original plan going into the season was to play a 4-3-3 with a high press. Key to that was Cardle, Murray and Lyons. I think he was hoping he could rotate the 3 of them to keep 2 on the park who were capable of doing that.

McCall also mentioned the quality of of our deliveries from wide areas. So if you take that all together I wonder if neither Cardle, Murray or Lyons appearing suggests they are carrying injuries? Perhaps McCall was only ever going to use them if we had went behind with time to recover in the hope that another weeks rest might allow him to get back playing the high pressing 4-3-3?

Not many positives from Saturday,however, one positive is that if Cove continue to play like that they will undoubtedly drop points as I felt they were more than a tad fortunate on Sat and looked decidedly ordinary .It’s going to be a horrible dog eat dog that type of season IMHO with no clear runaway favourite at this stage yet .