Partick Thistle v Morton 14th November

elevenone

Thought I would get thread up and running for this weekends cup match.  After score last night we are guaranteed 2nd place in group should we win (first place if Queens Park somehow defeat St Mirren).  I think the structure is still the 4 best runner ups in the 8 groups progress so based on that at present there is already 2 groups we cannot beat.  Will go the wire so hopefully all guns blazing despite no strikers on Sat.

Mccall did say after Falkirk game he would see how our chances of progress and base team on that.  Morton decent draw in Paisley last night but cuffed 5-0 at weekend.  Will Mcginty come back and haunt us?  How do we all think we should line up?  :fan:

25 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Mccall did say after Falkirk game he would see how our chances of progress and base team on that.  Morton decent draw in Paisley last night but cuffed 5-0 at weekend.  Will Mcginty come back and haunt us?  How do we all think we should line up?  :fan:

I love the idea that McCall reckons he could put out a weakened side. Holding the Big Guns back for the the home game against East Fife perhaps? :)

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/partick-thistle-v-greenock-morton-pay-per-view-pass-on-sale-now/

I see that season ticket holders are being charged £10 for this match. Fans that purchased a PPV ticket for the Falkirk match will only have to pay £7.50. I'm struggling to see the logic.

There was problems for all the PPV customers getting stream in Falkirk match that did not affect season ticket holders and action didn’t come online until 6th min of game.  Club promised a discount for all Jags fans who used PPV for next home game and to all Falkirk fans for next meeting at Firhill (although not sure how they can tell who supports who).  

42 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Even with a win we are unlikely to get out of the group, so I’d be tempted to not risk any more injuries and play a second string team

Not sure if you are joking or not- with 10 players not available through injury or suspension we will be playing our only string team

I bought the ppv this morning . Although I am a season ticket holder I had to reregister again  a wee bit of problem    but got in. I bookmarked the page before I came out  then tried to get back in which was a bit of a hassle. Now back in the screen is showing 38 minutes to go...Hope the game is worth it....

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Even with a win we are unlikely to get out of the group, so I’d be tempted to not risk any more injuries and play a second string team

I think our U18s played last night (2-2 draw with sevco). Other younger lads are out on loan. Given the injuries and suspensions we've effectively got  very few players we could rest. 

eta Well that was a waste of a post. Didn't realise the team selection had been made. :)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett