Partick Thistle v Morton 14th November

elevenone

5 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

When O'Ware joined us had he not been the highest scoring midfield/ defender in Europe ..How many goals has he scored for us since signing???

He was the top scoring central defender in Europe the season before he joined us. My brother in law who is a Morton fan said most were from assists by Ross Forbes.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2020 at 3:29 AM, Garscube Road End 2 said:

He got more response and results out of the players he inherited. His signings in January did not work. He couldn't muster a solitary victory from them. We deserved to be where we were at the time of our relegation. 

I agree with your comments except for the last sentence.

McCall has already admitted he made decisions to bring in a number of players to improve the quality of player and the balance of the squad. He also stated his planning was based on completing a full season because he knew it would take time for the team to gel given the number of changes he made. By all accounts the team performances improved in the last 3 matchless v Alloa, QOS and Dunfermline and but for a shocking refereeing decision we probably would have beaten QOS. On the basis of how we played in these games I am confident we would have not relegated had the season been completed. McCall was caught out by the early ending of the season and as a result we were demoted. 

Is he still the man for the job. I think he is and should be given this season to prove it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, exiledjag said:

I agree with your comments except for the last sentence.

McCall has already admitted he made decisions to bring in a number of players to improve the quality of player and the balance of the squad. He also stated his planning was based on completing a full season because he knew it would take time for the team to gel given the number of changes he made. By all accounts the team performances improved in the last 3 matchless v Alloa, QOS and Dunfermline and but for a shocking refereeing decision we probably would have beaten QOS. On the basis of how we played in these games I am confident we would have not relegated had the season been completed. McCall was caught out by the early ending of the season and as a result we were demoted. 

Is he still the man for the job. I think he is and should be given this season to prove it. 

My last sentence is based on the fact that we were bottom due to our wretched form and therefore deserved to be relegated AT THE TIME we were.

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

My last sentence is based on the fact that we were bottom due to our wretched form and therefore deserved to be relegated AT THE TIME we were.

I think that makes no sense. So if a team lost an early goal, but then was all over the opposition but the game got stopped unexpectedly, without any precedent the points, go to the team that (luckily) scored first? Or if a boxer lost the first couple of rounds narrowly on points but was clearly improving while his opponent was getting obviously weaker, but then the lights go out.... the world title goes to the one that managed to get some points on board early on? Or in a marathon, the race gets stopped just over half-way through, the guy who happens to be in front then is crowned the winner? 

Lucky for some, and unjust for others. I don't think it makes any sense to say somebody "deserved" it at the time. 

On 11/15/2020 at 8:23 PM, McCall Out said:

We were relegated because we were bottom of the league. If we hadn't been bottom, we wouldn't have been relegated. I'm on planet reality, not planet chip on my shoulder.

Why were we bottom of the league ? Because of McCall's atrocious record, despite having been financially backed by the board. It is 100% McCall's fault that we are where we are.

For the record, 11 wins in 35 games - 31.43% win ratio

This season, 2 wins in 8 games - 25% win ratio. He is not going to turn this around. It's getting worse.

Question .... Does anyone think that McCall is the right man for the job ?

no I think McCall is a diddy 

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I think that makes no sense. So if a team lost an early goal, but then was all over the opposition but the game got stopped unexpectedly, without any precedent the points, go to the team that (luckily) scored first? Or if a boxer lost the first couple of rounds narrowly on points but was clearly improving while his opponent was getting obviously weaker, but then the lights go out.... the world title goes to the one that managed to get some points on board early on? Or in a marathon, the race gets stopped just over half-way through, the guy who happens to be in front then is crowned the winner? 

Lucky for some, and unjust for others. I don't think it makes any sense to say somebody "deserved" it at the time. 

We were at the bottom because we deserved to be due to our dreadful performances on the park, consistently dreadful. When the season was ended, the way it was( disgracefully in my opinion) we were at the bottom and deserved to go down in respect of that. Your examples just dont cut any oce as you well know that there would be a rematch.

12 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

We were at the bottom because we deserved to be due to our dreadful performances on the park, consistently dreadful. When the season was ended, the way it was( disgracefully in my opinion) we were at the bottom and deserved to go down in respect of that. Your examples just dont cut any oce as you well know that there would be a rematch.

Really? You think there would be a re-run of a marathon that suddenly got stopped before it actually finished? 

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Really? You think there would be a re-run of a marathon that suddenly got stopped before it actually finished? 

Pretty sure they would if it was a major championship.

There were plenty of competitions that were paused due to the pandemic and were eventually completed. 

We were demoted not because we deserved it but because of money.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Pretty sure they would if it was a major championship.

There were plenty of competitions that were paused due to the pandemic and were eventually completed. 

We were demoted not because we deserved it but because of money.

To be pedantic, the team at the bottom of the league at the time were demoted. That just happened to be us. There was no vendetta against Thistle, we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And in my opinion, Ian McCall has to take a huge chunk of the blame for us being in that wrong place.

9 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Ah! So you scramble about picking the marathon out . You know fine well what I am saying, but you refuse to see the truth of what happened last season.

There is simply no truth in "we deserved it" as an explanation of our demotion. The explanation is that a big enough group of other clubs saw that as the easy way to protect themselves.  I suspect that you know fine well that that is the truth, but don't care to dig yourself out.

6 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

To be pedantic, the team at the bottom of the league at the time were demoted. That just happened to be us. There was no vendetta against Thistle, we were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And in my opinion, Ian McCall has to take a huge chunk of the blame for us being in that wrong place.

But that's not equivalent to "We deserved it."

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

There is simply no truth in "we deserved it" as an explanation of our demotion. The explanation is that a big enough group of other clubs saw that as the easy way to protect themselves.  I suspect that you know fine well that that is the truth, but don't care to dig yourself out.

Mighty me! We deserved to be bottom at the time as we were consistently awful. I have never anywhere intimated un my comments that we deserved to go down in the manner we did, have a re read at my posts and you will see I have referenced this. As it was decided by self serving organisations that it would be decided by points per game and we were worse off, we were relegated. You cannot on any sense deny we didn't deserve to be bottom at the time of the relegation, that is just deflection and denial of the highest order.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Mighty me! We deserved to be bottom at the time as we were consistently awful. I have never anywhere intimated un my comments that we deserved to go down in the manner we did, have a re read at my posts and you will see I have referenced this. As it was decided by self serving organisations that it would be decided by points per game and we were worse off, we were relegated. You cannot on any sense deny we didn't deserve to be bottom at the time of the relegation, that is just deflection and denial of the highest order.

I have never intimated anywhere that we did not deserve to be bottom of the league, so why you are arguing based on that piece of fiction that you've created in your head? We were truly awful. So where is my "deflection and denial of the highest order"?

You, by contrast, stated clearly that: "we were bottom due to our wretched form and therefore deserved to be relegated AT THE TIME we were."

Yep: "deserved to be relegated at the time we were."

I rest my case.

11 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I have never intimated anywhere that we did not deserve to be bottom of the league, so why you are arguing based on that piece of fiction that you've created in your head? We were truly awful. So where is my "deflection and denial of the highest order"?

You, by contrast, stated clearly that: "we were bottom due to our wretched form and therefore deserved to be relegated AT THE TIME we were."

Yep: "deserved to be relegated at the time we were."

I rest my case.

You dont have a case to rest. Have another read of my comments and try to comprehend  they actually say.

• 2 weeks later...