Game time

Tyler Machamilton

Just an observation , seeing as we are in a pandemic and money is tight . Why are we still playing at 3pm  on a Saturday  ? when at this time of year floodlights are required . Surely it makes sense for games to be played earlier and save the expense of putting on floodlights and lights at stadiums . Common sense or is it just me ??

• Like 1

I understand the SPFL and SFA have a rule that kick off times will only be changed when Sky or another TV broadcaster decides they are televising the game or when they can inconvenience and piss off fans. Similar rule applies when arranging fixtures around the festive period 'no club will have an away fixture less than 100 miles from their home ground unless there is restricted public transport where the minimum travel will be 200 miles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tyler Machamilton said:

Just an observation , seeing as we are in a pandemic and money is tight . Why are we still playing at 3pm  on a Saturday  ? when at this time of year floodlights are required . Surely it makes sense for games to be played earlier and save the expense of putting on floodlights and lights at stadiums . Common sense or is it just me ??

Great observation! To be honest I never gave this a thought. 

Send an email to SFA, SPFL and Jags to take this further. 

I would imagine all clubs would benefit to varying degrees. 

30 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I know fifeexile was joking, but I suspect the problem is a clash with televised games elsewhere in the uk.

And I don’t get the Genesis comments. Couldn’t stand them. I was more King Crimson and Tangerine Dream back in the day.

Genesis song-I know what i like (in your wardrobe)

• Like 1