Frame of Mind

thru thin and thin

8 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I don’t think it’s appropriate he is mentioning mental health issues of either players/staff or officials without their permission. 
Mental health is a very touchy subject to people (especially males), what I will say is well done to those that asked for help, and well done to Gerry and Jacqui for listening and getting them help.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I don’t think it’s appropriate he is mentioning mental health issues of either players/staff or officials without their permission. 
Mental health is a very touchy subject to people (especially males), what I will say is well done to those that asked for help, and well done to Gerry and Jacqui for listening and getting them help.

How do you know it was mentioned without  their permission?  

2 hours ago, jaggy said:

McCall does tend to come out with some strange things at times in interviews.

Not meaning to make light of this specific issue but you're correct. Ask a direct question and you nearly always get an answer. which is a rarity in football management. In his previous spell I was often quite amazed at how he rarely deflected any question. Wee bit like Roy Keane in that sense. Mostly this is both refreshing and welcome but I suppose it has its downside. 

On 11/26/2020 at 7:44 PM, Third Lanark said:

Wondering if it was McCall himself who maybe had the mental health issues

Would'nt be surprised and if it was and if so  good on him ( or whoever) for owning up to feeling bad. All to often  people  ( particularly men) bottle these things up, sometimes with disasterous consequences. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 6:23 AM, Norgethistle said:

Can't wait to hear his views on our demotion and all the restructuring controversy during the summer!  He did say he would keep his views to himself but would reveal his thoughts when the time was right. 

I imagine the right time will be when he retires and I assume can't be touched by the SPFL or SFA except of course if they take legal action against him! 

I bet he has a number of 'worms' he could reveal from his can! 

53 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Can't wait to hear his views on our demotion and all the restructuring controversy during the summer!  He did say he would keep his views to himself but would reveal his thoughts when the time was right. 

I imagine the right time will be when he retires and I assume can't be touched by the SPFL or SFA except of course if they take legal action against him! 

I bet he has a number of 'excuses’ he could reveal from his can! 

FTFY